We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Problems with URL pop up

Having an issue with the site, or with posting? Create a thread and someone will help as soon as possible.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Problems with URL pop up

Post by TheJohnP »

Recently been having trouble using the url button/pop up.

When it appears and I paste the url and click "instert into message" nothing happens.
Then I can't cancel and click the pop up away. It just stays over the text box doing nothing.
My solve has been to hit the preview button to make the pop up disappear.

So lately I've just been typing out the url/url brackets around the link to make it appear in the final post.
Not sure if it is just me, but wanted to report it.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Problems with URL pop up

Post by MoT »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:05 pm Recently been having trouble using the url button/pop up.

When it appears and I paste the url and click "instert into message" nothing happens.
Then I can't cancel and click the pop up away. It just stays over the text box doing nothing.

So lately I've just been typing out the url/url brackets around the link to make it appear in the final post.
I tried to recreate your issue, and I haven't been able to.

What browser/OS are you using? Perhaps try clearing cache, etc.

Also, the system will automatically parse urls if they are typed in to the post without using tags.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Good to know about parsing.
Using Chrome, so could be a cache issue.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:05 pm Recently been having trouble using the url button/pop up.

I've had this problem too. I use Chrome on an HP laptop with Window 10. I think this only started happening a week or two ago. I'm always opening a crazy number of new windows and tabs (but especially when I'm checking out deals on watches). I've noticed that the exact thing that you described has been happening when there are a whole mess of tabs open. Then when I close 20 of them or so, it lets me post the link in the window like normal. When it gets stuck on the link window, I've often been successful hitting the back button on the browser. When I then hit forward and re-submit, it often has saved some or all of what I have typed. I then just copy and paste the link the old-fashion way or close a bunch of browser tabs until it lets me post the link with the url box. Disclaimer - I internet pretty damn well but I'm not what anyone here would call computer savvy otherwise.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:03 am

I've had this problem too. I use Chrome on an HP laptop with Window 10. I think this only started happening a week or two ago. I'm always opening a crazy number of new windows and tabs (but especially when I'm checking out deals on watches). I've noticed that the exact thing that you described has been happening when there are a whole mess of tabs open. Then when I close 20 of them or so, it lets me post the link in the window like normal. When it gets stuck on the link window, I've often been successful hitting the back button on the browser. When I then hit forward and re-submit, it often has saved some or all of what I have typed. I then just copy and paste the link the old-fashion way or close a bunch of browser tabs until it lets me post the link with the url box. Disclaimer - I internet pretty damn well but I'm not what anyone here would call computer savvy otherwise.
Edit: I thought this might have been fixed but it is still happening.