We're Moving!

Click for more info.

What Would You Like To See?

Having an issue with the site, or with posting? Create a thread and someone will help as soon as possible.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: What Would You Like To See?

Post by watchpalooza »

I have been working on a draft for the online retailers list...will get it posted.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:20 am I apologize it took so long for me to respond to this. I had started to, but then things came up. So here we go:

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:08 am---- I know there are already message boards and discussion areas on Kickstarter, but is there a way to get more "backers" and KS fans over here from there to discuss the KS campaigns? Not sure.

I have no idea. I think @TheJohnP would be the go-to guy for this.

I'm not 100% sure either, but can look into and start reaching out to that community. I believe some feedback/discussion areas are for "backers only," but can't say that is across the board. I'll see what I can uncover.

Maybe we should also consider outreach to the Drop/Massdrop communities? I don't think there is a need to buy in order to be part of the discussion. Could be another area for finding new members.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:20 am
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:08 am---- Similar to WUS, I would like to see a thread where I could post eBay auctions. However I'm afraid I would be the only one who uses it and I know most people are more interested in seeing the sales subforum grow and succeed.

I don't see why that can't be done now. See the recent Vintage Watch and Accessory Deals thread for example.
I appreciate you taking the time and thought to respond to everything. I wasn't very clear about the ebay idea. What I had in mind is a subforum within the Bazaar section, where members (mostly me, I'm sure) can post listings for watches that are being auctioned on ebay, to alert other members that they can bid them. Something like they have on WUS, which is where I post them now. I know everybody here wants to see our sales subforum grow and thrive, and I'd like to contribute to that too by selling here. But in addition to selling here, I know I'll continue to auction some watches on ebay (there are some watches and some circumstances where ebay auctions make more sense than selling on a forum despite the fees) and I'd like to be able to let MoTers know about them. Interested to know what anyone thinks. Thanks.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f130/
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

TheJohnP wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:03 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:20 am I apologize it took so long for me to respond to this. I had started to, but then things came up. So here we go:

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:08 am---- I know there are already message boards and discussion areas on Kickstarter, but is there a way to get more "backers" and KS fans over here from there to discuss the KS campaigns? Not sure.

I have no idea. I think @TheJohnP would be the go-to guy for this.

I'm not 100% sure either, but can look into and start reaching out to that community. I believe some feedback/discussion areas are for "backers only," but can't say that is across the board. I'll see what I can uncover.

Maybe we should also consider outreach to the Drop/Massdrop communities? I don't think there is a need to buy in order to be part of the discussion. Could be another area for finding new members.

Just to follow up, I did check on some of the current live Kickstarter campaigns and the comment section is for backers only.
What I can do is post something to the live campaigns here that if someone has backed a project, to let the other backers know they can add to the discussion here.
Click Icon To Contact Me

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

This is great! Now that more pics will go up on IG, is there a way to put one of these little links somewhere on the home page? I'm guessing there is no equivalent for Tapatalk?

Last edited by yinzburgher on Sat May 25, 2019 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Thinking in addition to the WRUW daily post, maybe feature a "deal of the week" for a post from earlier in the week. Just to give a taste of what happens here on a daily basis. Expect the deal would be done by the time it was featured, but gives the IG folks a sense of "I could've got that for THAT price?!?"

For instance the post could feature:
Picture of watch.
Sale price that was found.
Link to prior post if possible.
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Great idea!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

TheJohnP wrote:Thinking in addition to the WRUW daily post, maybe feature a "deal of the week" for a post from earlier in the week. Just to give a taste of what happens here on a daily basis. Expect the deal would be done by the time it was featured, but gives the IG folks a sense of "I could've got that for THAT price?!?"

For instance the post could feature:
Picture of watch.
Sale price that was found.
Link to prior post if possible.
Maybe include the member name of who posted the deal as well.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Is it possible for the page not to reload when you like a post? Going through and liking posts in the WRUW thread, for instance, if you haven't kept up can be a little annoying with all the reloads.

I know this is certainly a "first world" issue, but I think that speaks to how well the site is overall. I have to dig pretty deep to find something I don't like.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Boourns wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:16 am Is it possible for the page not to reload when you like a post? Going through and liking posts in the WRUW thread, for instance, if you haven't kept up can be a little annoying with all the reloads.

I know this is certainly a "first world" issue, but I think that speaks to how well the site is overall. I have to dig pretty deep to find something I don't like.
Unfortunately no. The like system is a plug-in and I don't believe there is anything I can do about that. I will dig in to the settings and make sure. If it no longer refreshes, you'll have your answer. ;)

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I would like to see a dedicated watch modification section of the forum. Instructional posts in such a section could be a really good resource in one easy to find location. I haven’t thought this out completely, but think about it.
Front Mission

Post by Front Mission »

All I want is a dark mode option for the forum.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Front Mission wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:36 pm All I want is a dark mode option for the forum.
That may be doable.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Is there any way to add a "First Unread Post" link for each thread? I seem to remember there was one but it went away.....or maybe I'm misremembering. Would others use this or just me? Too redundant with a "new posts" link already available? Thanks.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:40 pm Is there any way to add a "First Unread Post" link for each thread? I seem to remember there was one but it went away.....or maybe I'm misremembering. Would others use this or just me? Too redundant with a "new posts" link already available? Thanks.
Clicking the lit speach bubbles will take you to the first unread post in that thread.
Screenshot_20190919-210434.png

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT