We're Moving!

Click for more info.

How to do a poll?

Having an issue with the site, or with posting? Create a thread and someone will help as soon as possible.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

How to do a poll?

Post by watchpalooza »

I may be missing it, but not finding a button to create a poll. Is there one?
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Re: How to do a poll?

Post by MoT »

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

For some reason, the permission to allow polls is defaulted to "no" in the user manager system. I've flipped the switch, so it should be available now.

To create a poll, select the appropriate tab when creating a new thread and follow the guide.
polls.JPG
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Thank you!
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

I wanted to create a poll thread to track where members pull the trigger on deals. Each time a member makes a deal purchase, they could vote to indicate where they made the purchase. Over time this would give trend data on where we buy the most deals. The issue is the 10-option limit for polls. Is there any way around this, to make a poll with a lot more options?

Alternatively, similar functionality could be accomplished by adding a field for posts in the deals thread that lets users specify/select the source of the deal and then tracking metrics on it.

Any ideas for how to best to accomplish this?
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

FTE wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:09 am I wanted to create a poll thread to track where members pull the trigger on deals. Each time a member makes a deal purchase, they could vote to indicate where they made the purchase. Over time this would give trend data on where we buy the most deals. The issue is the 10-option limit for polls. Is there any way around this, to make a poll with a lot more options?

Alternatively, similar functionality could be accomplished by adding a field for posts in the deals thread that lets users specify/select the source of the deal and then tracking metrics on it.

Any ideas for how to best to accomplish this?
Interesting idea.

I could increase the number of poll choices infinitely, but your other needs are beyond the ability of the forum's software.

Off the top of my head my suggestion would be to create a Google Form (or similar) with the fields you desire, that automatically places submitted entries in to a spreadsheet.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody