Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by mplsabdullah »

Sorry to hear that uvalaw2005. Hope it works out and please keep us posted.

I submitted a claim for my recent transaction and of course Ebates said the store has not let them know and they need to verify it with them. 10 to 45 days, blah, blah, blah.

As mentioned above I also don't see why its hard for them to confirm things since its the same company.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

Whelp... my latest RGM acquisition arrived today. To say that I am "over the moon" with joy is an understatement. The Rolex GMT that I got from Kaiul in January was supposed to be SA like new condition, but I wouldn't have rated it that way. After some cleaning, light polishing, and brushing though I did get it into that condition, so no big deal. This time I got an Omega Speedy sapphire sandwich from Brand Peace Luxury. Again, it was supposed to be in SA like new condition and it was supposed to come in a crappy, deteriorating box. What showed up was indeed a crappy (but original) box and the watch was absolutely beautiful, darn near perfect in every way. There are some slight signs of wear, but very, very slight. Overall it truly is in "like new" condition. If my cash back comes through (still waiting), then this is going to be an outstanding deal at $2,170 shipped. To be honest though, even without the cash back I'm going to be relatively happy! So props to Brand Peace Luxury. I would definitely buy from them again! My only regret - I have been putting off buying an Omgea Speedy for some time, I regret not getting one sooner!

Here is the ad for reference:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bra ... 004654575/

[img][/img]
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Kirk B wrote:Whelp... my latest RGM acquisition arrived today. To say that I am "over the moon" with joy is an understatement. The Rolex GMT that I got from Kaiul in January was supposed to be SA like new condition, but I wouldn't have rated it that way. After some cleaning, light polishing, and brushing though I did get it into that condition, so no big deal. This time I got an Omega Speedy sapphire sandwich from Brand Peace Luxury. Again, it was supposed to be in SA like new condition and it was supposed to come in a crappy, deteriorating box. What showed up was indeed a crappy (but original) box and the watch was absolutely beautiful, darn near perfect in every way. There are some slight signs of wear, but very, very slight. Overall it truly is in "like new" condition. If my cash back comes through (still waiting), then this is going to be an outstanding deal at $2,170 shipped. To be honest though, even without the cash back I'm going to be relatively happy! So props to Brand Peace Luxury. I would definitely buy from them again! My only regret - I have been putting off buying an Omgea Speedy for some time, I regret not getting one sooner!

Here is the ad for reference:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bra ... 004654575/

[img][/img]
Looks awesome. I looked at some Speedmasters but they were still a bit more than I was prepared to spend. My Sinn should arrive this week, also waiting on my ebates.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

Hey guys, RGM and ebates noob here.

Do the sellers remove taxes for shipments out of Japan?
wahlaoeh
MoT Member

Post by wahlaoeh »

quincas wrote:Hey guys, RGM and ebates noob here.

Should be but I know some sellers who let u know upfront that they don't

I've had experiences with both

Sent from my SM-T365F0 using Tapatalk

quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

wahlaoeh wrote:

Thanks.

I got an ok deal for a Tuna but will be awesome with the 26% CB. Problem is, I did not take any screenshots.

I wouldn’t have hesitated had they not insisted on not removing taxes.

What do you guys think? Is it a go or no go?
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

quincas wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:24 pm
wahlaoeh wrote:

Thanks.

I got an ok deal for a Tuna but will be awesome with the 26% CB. Problem is, I did not take any screenshots.

You still have not checked out and paid yet? I'm surprised the seller is being so patient! Did you buy during the 26% CB period. Just checking that you're not buying now as CB has dropped back to 4%, not 26%.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

My Sinn just arrived!! Nearly fainted when I had to pay $210 duty charge for it -_-

First time I've been charged duty from Canada Post so that was crappy. Doesn't necessarily kill the deal just makes an extremely good deal a "good deal". Now I wait for Ebates to come through.
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... 6780bd.jpg[/IMG]
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

wahlaoeh wrote:

Thanks.

In regards to screenshots, I suppose you can never have too much back up.

This is what Rakuten/Ebates requires for a missing cash back inquiry:
Store name
Purchase date
Merchant order number
Order subtotal
And to paste a copy of of your order confirmation email in the inquiry box. (An order confirmation receipt has also worked for me, same info they would email)
quincas
MoT Member

Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by quincas »

Kirk B wrote:
wahlaoeh wrote:Should be but I know some sellers who let u know upfront that they don't

Thanks.

You still have not checked out and paid yet? I'm surprised the seller is being so patient! Did you buy during the 26% CB period. Just checking that you're not buying now as CB has dropped back to 4%, not 26%.
No, I actually reneged on the deal as I deemed it too risky, not having taken any screenshots at all, given Ebates’s track record. And, the seller had a rating under 3.5.

I missed the ratings before purchase and only realised it later.

Under shipping it is still listed as Not Estimated Yet so that rang some bells. I have asked about that and the seller said, “just pay.”

Plus, the seller did not contact me at all after that or seemed too interested in closing the sale.

Should I shoot them a message to cancel the deal?
Last edited by quincas on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

PetWatch wrote:
wahlaoeh wrote:Should be but I know some sellers who let u know upfront that they don't

Thanks.

In regards to screenshots, I suppose you can never have too much back up.

This is what Rakuten/Ebates requires for a missing cash back inquiry:
Store name
Purchase date
Merchant order number
Order subtotal
And to paste a copy of of your order confirmation email in the inquiry box. (An order confirmation receipt has also worked for me, same info they would email)
I read that some cashbacks disappear before the big fat cheque is paid out and I sort of chickened out as I did not take any screens.
Penfold36
MoT Member

Post by Penfold36 »

Well, my smooth transactions with Rakuten Global/Ebates have come to an end. I placed two orders (one small, one large) during this past round of 26% back. Neither were showing up in my cash back. I sent an enquiry to Ebates, and they gave me the usual response of needing to wait 10-45 days. I went ahead and paid for the lesser item anyway but was debating back and forth on the more expensive watch because without the cash back it certainly was no deal. I even asked the shop on the expensive watch (Gallery Rare) to extend the deadline to pay, but they wouldn't. Then today I received responses from Ebates telling me that neither item was eligible for cash back because they were either "shipped to Japan or freight forwarding was used." Neither assertion was true. Both items were shipped or going to be shipped to the USA and sent via Japan Post EMS. I responded back with such information. We'll see what they say, but this probably ends Rakuten Global for me.

Edit: Quick update. Ebates got back to me very quickly. For both items, they said Japan Post EMS is a freight forwarding service. I'm confused by that. I thought that was the regular mail or something similar to UPS. They said you need to use Rakuten Global Express, which I've never seen as an option. As a token of their gratitude, they gave me the full cash back on the lesser item. Expectedly, they did not give me credit on the more expensive item. They said the store refused the credit. So they gave me a $100 bonus that will go into my account if I place any order through Ebates during the next year. I'm happy I got the credit for the watch I actually paid for, but definitely disappointed overall.
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Post by uvalaw2005 »

That's just outright fraud. Japan Post is their national mail service. It's the farthest thing from a freight forwarding service.

By contrast, here is how Rakuten describes Rakuten Global Express:

"Rakuten Global Express is an overseas shipping service for products purchased on Rakuten or other shopping websites, which are combined together at our warehouse in Japan and then shipped overseas."

https://globalexpress.rakuten.co.jp/?lang=en

That's exactly what a freight forwarding service is!! Like I said, either someone is hugely mistaken or Rakuten is trying to perpetrate a fraud on you (and anyone else who gets that explanation).
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

What the hell?!! It's always been with Japan EMS though??? That doesn't even make sense. I'm still waiting for a reply on my order
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Penfold36 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:00 pm Well, my smooth transactions with Rakuten Global/Ebates have come to an end. I placed two orders (one small, one large) during this past round of 26% back. Neither were showing up in my cash back. I sent an enquiry to Ebates, and they gave me the usual response of needing to wait 10-45 days. I went ahead and paid for the lesser item anyway but was debating back and forth on the more expensive watch because without the cash back it certainly was no deal. I even asked the shop on the expensive watch (Gallery Rare) to extend the deadline to pay, but they wouldn't. Then today I received responses from Ebates telling me that neither item was eligible for cash back because they were either "shipped to Japan or freight forwarding was used." Neither assertion was true. Both items were shipped or going to be shipped to the USA and sent via Japan Post EMS. I responded back with such information. We'll see what they say, but this probably ends Rakuten Global for me.

Edit: Quick update. Ebates got back to me very quickly. For both items, they said Japan Post EMS is a freight forwarding service. I'm confused by that. I thought that was the regular mail or something similar to UPS. They said you need to use Rakuten Global Express, which I've never seen as an option. As a token of their gratitude, they gave me the full cash back on the lesser item. Expectedly, they did not give me credit on the more expensive item. They said the store refused the credit. So they gave me a $100 bonus that will go into my account if I place any order through Ebates during the next year. I'm happy I got the credit for the watch I actually paid for, but definitely disappointed overall.
Seems like a new addition to their long list of shenanigans. I think the salient point for this particular order is that " They said the store refused the credit. " which is listed as one of their terms. They don't get paid neither does the customer. I don't know what their contract with the merchants stipulates, but these large cash back payments are unsustainable on the scale we see today over the long run. It's an attempt to acquire market share, so we should take advantage of it while it's still available. However, not only has it not been risk free but it's increasing.