Watch peddling idea

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Watch peddling idea

Post by Robotaz »

So I was thinking when I saw a vintage watch posted in another thread, I wonder how watertight it is now.

That lead me to thinking about Seiko videos of 1000m Darth and Emperors going way beyond 1000m.

Then my demented sense of humor thought it would be funny to send the watches down on the outside of exploration subs and say, “Certified Water Resistance of X,XXX Meters at Titanic Crash Site” and show the coordinates on the case back. You’d have to add the broken ship somehow to it. Maybe marketing.

So that’s a bit dark.

There is a boutique bourbon company that’s been in Louisville for quite awhile now, Jefferson’s. They are well known in KY for bringing out 18-20 year bottles at $65-$90 back when Pappy Van Winkle first really started taking off, which was 2005-2010 depending on where you are.

They also have a product called Jefferson’s Ocean that rides around at sea for awhile. I’ve had it and the ocean trek does in fact alter the taste. Most might not notice.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson%27s_Bourbon

And this brings me to watches.

Someone could offer ridiculous services like taking a watch outside a pressure vessel to crazy places. You could send a shipment to space and back. You could film a person’s watch running anywhere on earth or space. You could film it with Titanic or similar dramatic effect backdrop. My mind just exploded with ideas of having a blast and being totally ridiculous.

Please someone go do it. Thanks.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Watch peddling idea

Post by TheJohnP »

Fortis sent a bunch of watches up into space.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

^^^ LOL!

I’m late to the party.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Robotaz wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:44 pm ^^^ LOL!

I’m late to the party.
--------

But build a better mousetrap . . .