Help me find a bargain thread

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: Help me find a bargain thread

Post by Robotaz »

TheJohnP wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:11 pm Anyone following fast 4000+ RAM deals?

Edit - Is this thread only for watches? We need a NON thread for searches. Or maybe I’m losing it and we have that. Sorry.

@robotazky

If we have a Heads Up for non watch items, seems logical to add a Help Me Find a Bargain for non watches.
OK. I’m not losing my mind, yet. *whew*

@robotazky
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Dale90 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:44 pm Has anybody seen a deal on the Dreyfuss 1924 with the Eterna Calibre 39 movement?
I missed out on one of these back when they were on sale a few months ago. I recently saw one pop up on the sales board and it has made me realise that I really want one! I can't seem to see anymore online.
I don't see any listed around the previous sale prices but this ebay seller has it listed at $530 and has a "make an offer" option.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dreyfuss-Co-DG ... SwQqZcGh7Z

https://www.hsjohnson.com/watches-c123/ ... tch-p13189
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Pachuco76 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:46 pm Does anyone know of a good deal for a Seagull 1963? Sold mine years ago and now I have the itch...
Are you looking for a particular model or style? Alsomwhat ae you looking to spend? Island Watch has a number of models at good prices:

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Seagull ... s/1903.htm
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
Dale90
MoT Member

Post by Dale90 »

FTE wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:25 am
Hidden Content
Thank you for the PM.

Unfortunately both options will not ship to Australia. It’s not just the terrible exchange rate we have to deal with when watch shopping!

I just wanted to point out also, the first class watch price is for the quartz model.
Dale90
MoT Member

Post by Dale90 »

yinzburgher wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:25 am
Dale90 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:44 pm Has anybody seen a deal on the Dreyfuss 1924 with the Eterna Calibre 39 movement?
I missed out on one of these back when they were on sale a few months ago. I recently saw one pop up on the sales board and it has made me realise that I really want one! I can't seem to see anymore online.
I don't see any listed around the previous sale prices but this ebay seller has it listed at $530 and has a "make an offer" option.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dreyfuss-Co-DG ... SwQqZcGh7Z

https://www.hsjohnson.com/watches-c123/ ... tch-p13189
Thank you.

I have sent them a message on eBay. Hopefully they will accept an offer around the previous sale price!
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Dale90 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:02 am
FTE wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:25 am
Hidden Content
Thank you for the PM.

Unfortunately both options will not ship to Australia. It’s not just the terrible exchange rate we have to deal with when watch shopping!

I just wanted to point out also, the first class watch price is for the quartz model.
Sorry to hear...did not realize shipping to Australia. You are right about the firstclasswatches link...sorry I missed the difference in model number. You could try contacting the seller for the fallback option to see if they would ship to you...or could try a remailer.

Update: I just sent over a few additional options...
Click Icon To Contact Me

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

bb_sub wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:07 pm SRP777? Cheapest I’m seeing is eBay at about $250. Unfortunately both sellers are in NJ and I would have to pay sales tax.
I can understand the aversion to sales tax but I actually think that's not a bad deal for the SRP777. In the past year, prices have often been higher. But I think if you're willing to wait you may get a new one a few dollars cheaper. Otherwise I would look for a used example on watch recon/forums or set an alert on ebay. Also keep an eye on Inventory Adjusters (use code NEW2019) and this ebay seller https://www.ebay.com/usr/zlatan16?_trks ... 7675.l2559 if you're interested in a store display model at a decent price. Hope you find one at a good price.
Dale90
MoT Member

Post by Dale90 »

I would just like to thank [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] and at [mention]FTE[/mention] for the expert help on the Dreyfuss. I have just placed on order with HS Johnson. A touch higher than previous sale prices but I think a good deal for a limited edition.

I will be sure to report back when it arrives.

Cheers guys!
Kommy

Post by Kommy »

Thrax wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:37 pm Looking for help finding a deal on one or more of the following, used or new. IDC.

TC9 Lunarscope Bronze -- lowest I've seen is $504 US
[img][/img]

Ball Trainmaster Cannonball (Ref CM1052D-L3FJ-WH) -- Lowest I've seen is $1600
[img][/img]

Longines Heritage 180th Anniversary Column Wheel Monopusher (Ref L2.775.4.23.3) -- lowest I've seen is $2000
[img][/img]
Where did you see the TC9 for $504? There selling it for 450£ on there website..
Thrax
MoT Member

Post by Thrax »

Kommy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:34 am Where did you see the TC9 for $504? There selling it for 450£ on there website..
Last year Black Friday(ish) they were running a 15% off coupon, but I missed it. That brought the price to £382/$504 US + 15 GBP shipping.

I've also heard there was a 35% off coupon at one point, but I can't find a working one.
Kommy

Post by Kommy »

Thrax wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:36 pm
Kommy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:34 am Where did you see the TC9 for $504? There selling it for 450£ on there website..
Last year Black Friday(ish) they were running a 15% off coupon, but I missed it. That brought the price to £382/$504 US + 15 GBP shipping.

I've also heard there was a 35% off coupon at one point, but I can't find a working one.
Thanks, thought you might have something current.
pesman
MoT Member

Post by pesman »

I seem to have fallen for the Graham Siverstone RS endurance. Searching around I have found them for around £2200 in 7750 variant and nearly £3000 for the 24hr endurance in red...

Has anyone seen cheaper are they worth the cost as RRP seems very high....[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 56775b.jpg[/IMG][IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... b7426d.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

^ PM sent.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

Does anyone remember which company made the green dial pan africa watch and now the blue dial european version?

Any discounts or history available, I've been considering the blue dial but can't recall the company name.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler