We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Name a movie that you recently enjoyed

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Re: Name a movie that you recently enjoyed

Post by Bbrou33 »

Watched Triple Frontier on Netflix last night. It's new movie they put up there not long ago with Ben Affleck and some other good guys. It was alright. I enjoyed it but it wasn't great. Recommended if you want something to watch but don't have anything in particular in mind
Insta me: bbrou33
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I had $20 in coupons at Best Buy so I bought the 4K Dark Knight Trilogy and watched all three. Such awesome movies. Im burned out and can’t stand the B-grade superhero movies coming out like Aquaman and Black Panther, but those Batman movies are just awesome.

@robotazky
NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

Post by NapoleonDynamite »

I recently watched Triple Frontier (Netflix Films) - it's a military heist. Good action flick.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

NapoleonDynamite wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:27 am I recently watched Triple Frontier (Netflix Films) - it's a military heist. Good action flick.
Just saw this one, too. Was enjoyable.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

Is anyone going to watch Shazam in theaters?
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Spirit of the Watch wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:46 pm Is anyone going to watch Shazam in theaters?
I might. It looks like a total laugh riot popcorn movie.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:57 pm
Spirit of the Watch wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:46 pm Is anyone going to watch Shazam in theaters?
I might. It looks like a total laugh riot popcorn movie.
Absolutely, DC Films have been hit and miss recently. Yet, this one seems to have potential and realizes there's no shame in being a laugh fest comedy.

Who knows' maybe they'll have a cameo's from other heroes/villains.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Not going to rush to see it, but I'll catch Shazam in theaters. Still need to see Us though.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I saw that one years ago and I honestly felt the acting left a little something to be desired. Hard to believe it is back in theaters. :P

[img]https://media1.giphy.com/media/13jtwqhcZM6Xi8/giphy.gif[/img]
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Yes, taking my son (13) to see it tomorrow.

He and I really can't wait for EndGame though when it comes out in a few weeks. Not sure I can last for three hours without a bathroom break as I'm getting older. Maybe I'll not buy any drinks for me or my son for that movie lol.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:55 pm
yinzburgher wrote:Another flight, another movie. Actually 2 this time. American Airlines has a surprisingly good selection. I watched First Man this time. Liked it, didn't love it. I've never quite understood Ryan Gosling's status as a superstar/leading man. Maybe I haven't seen the right movies. He wears a Speedy and another Omega in it. Link below. Apparently he is a vintage watch geek in real life. I had just enough time left to watch Ferris Bueller. Hadn't seen it for a while and it didn't disappoint.

https://wornandwound.com/watches-on-the ... first-man/
When it comes to Ryan Gosling, the only movie that I remember watching him in was "the nice guys". Pretty funny movie and worth the watch. That is my only reference, so I think he is great, just like the masses do!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
I thought "The Nice Guys" was pretty good from what I remember.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

My son and I saw Shazam this afternoon. It was slow in the beginning and then it picked up. If you like Marvel movies this one is not that. It makes fun of itself with quite a bit of humor with laughs coming from the audience. The kid with the crutches will get the award for over acting. I will say there is quite a bit of cussing in the movie. They are your standard four letter variety. No, I'm no Prude but I don't think young kids need to hear that language on the screen. The story would have flowed just fine without them. And yes, there are some scary elements to the movie for the younger kids. My 13 old son jumped a few times during those scenes. The Seven Deadly Sins Demons look awesome imo. One of them bites a guys head off and a few people get thrown out of a Sky scraper window to their death. If my 9 year daughter would have seen this, two things would have happened. She would have made us leave the movie and she would have most definitely had nightmares.

It was an o.k. movie for the cost of a ticket and some popcorn. But if any of you have younger children that want to see it and you ask my opinion (which I know you are not) I say to have the young ones skip it. They even have a Shopping Mall Santa throwing down the F bomb several times but it is muted out.

There, that's my Roger Ebert review done for you guys.

Oops. I guess I should have said "Spoiler Alert" for some of what I wrote. lol
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Endgame was very good. The long running time doesn't feel long at all. I'm not posting spoilers. If you like the Marvel Universe of movies then you'll like this one. The audience this morning was very quiet. No one said a word we just watched intently the entire time. Might I suggest NOT buying the large drinks. I don't care who you are you won't last the entire movie without a rest room run.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Rocat wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:05 pm Endgame was very good. The long running time doesn't feel long at all. I'm not posting spoilers. If you like the Marvel Universe of movies then you'll like this one. The audience this morning was very quiet. No one said a word we just watched intently the entire time. Might I suggest NOT buying the large drinks. I don't care who you are you won't last the entire movie without a rest room run.
Can't wait to see it. My last day on the job after 13 years is Tuesday next week. To celebrate, Wednesday or Thursday morning, I am going to watch it all by my lonesome.

The need for bathroom breaks is getting serious attention on the internet. Journalists are providing advice on it:

When to take a bathroom pee break during Avengers: Endgame
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/when-to-pee ... r-it-here/
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

cel4145 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:59 pm
Rocat wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:05 pm Endgame was very good. The long running time doesn't feel long at all. I'm not posting spoilers. If you like the Marvel Universe of movies then you'll like this one. The audience this morning was very quiet. No one said a word we just watched intently the entire time. Might I suggest NOT buying the large drinks. I don't care who you are you won't last the entire movie without a rest room run.
Can't wait to see it. My last day on the job after 13 years is Tuesday next week. To celebrate, Wednesday or Thursday morning, I am going to watch it all by my lonesome.

The need for bathroom breaks is getting serious attention on the internet. Journalists are providing advice on it:

When to take a bathroom pee break during Avengers: Endgame
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/when-to-pee ... r-it-here/
There are some dialogue spots where one can go and use the facilities if needed. A friend of mine is taking his daughter (right about now) to the movie. He said he wasn't planning to drink anything for hours before hand. I chatted with the Theater Manager this morning before the movie. Even he said he didn't eat or drink anything for 8 hours before watching it Tuesday before it was released to the public. I thought that was a bit extreme. He did say that most of the staff that was there this morning at 9am were also the same staff that left last night at 4am after the midnight showing. The employees didn't look thrilled to be back so soon. lol