We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Name a movie that you recently enjoyed

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
cel4145
MoT Member

Re: Name a movie that you recently enjoyed

Post by cel4145 »

Rocat wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:46 pm
cel4145 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:59 pm
Rocat wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:05 pm Endgame was very good. The long running time doesn't feel long at all. I'm not posting spoilers. If you like the Marvel Universe of movies then you'll like this one. The audience this morning was very quiet. No one said a word we just watched intently the entire time. Might I suggest NOT buying the large drinks. I don't care who you are you won't last the entire movie without a rest room run.
Can't wait to see it. My last day on the job after 13 years is Tuesday next week. To celebrate, Wednesday or Thursday morning, I am going to watch it all by my lonesome.

The need for bathroom breaks is getting serious attention on the internet. Journalists are providing advice on it:

When to take a bathroom pee break during Avengers: Endgame
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/when-to-pee ... r-it-here/
There are some dialogue spots where one can go and use the facilities if needed. A friend of mine is taking his daughter (right about now) to the movie. He said he wasn't planning to drink anything for hours before hand. I chatted with the Theater Manager this morning before the movie. Even he said he didn't eat or drink anything for 8 hours before watching it Tuesday before it was released to the public. I thought that was a bit extreme. He did say that most of the staff that was there this morning at 9am were also the same staff that left last night at 4am after the midnight showing. The employees didn't look thrilled to be back so soon. lol
Market Watch was kind enough to provide expert advice on this matter: A urologist’s tips on watching the 3-hour-plus ‘Avengers: Endgame’ without a bathroom break :lol: :lol: :lol:
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Took my son to see the Pokemon movie and was pleasantly surprised. Very funny and well done.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Saw John Wick 3 with my son and it has a ton of action and surprisingly its a tad over two hours. It flowed faster than Endgame that's for sure. I think I'll sit down tonight and watch JW 1 and 2 again. There was a ton of laughter from the audience in this movie. Guns! Lots of guns and high body count.
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

Robotaz wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:55 pm I’ll have many more posts now that I know this thread is here, but I genuinely enjoyed A Star Is Born. I was literally so pissed that I dropped the F bomb when I found out I was going to see it with my wife, best man, and his wife. But, it was worth watching, which is a helluva lot better than what I can say for Aquaman and Black Panther. Other than my Christian Bale Batman set, I’m done with the superheroes. Sick of it. Oh, I liked Hellboy, too.

I’m watching Office Space right now.

@robotazky
I surprisingly enjoyed A Star is Born too. Not normally my sort of film. My wife enjoyed it too, and found the ending quite moving, until I explained what post-mortem priapism is. :lol:
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

A very surprising film that we just watched was The Head Hunter. For a $30k budget, it's a bloody brilliant film, as long as you're not expecting an epic.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Watched this one over the holiday weekend, the Autopsy of Jane Doe.
Very creepy and unsettling.
Doesn't answer a lot of the questions it raises, which I liked.
MV5BMjA2MTEzMzkzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjM2MTM5MDI@._V1_.jpg
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Watched "American Renegades" on Amazon Prime. It has Sullivan Stapleton from Strike Back kind of playing the same type of character. It's a B grade modern war heist movie. But underwater. It was decent fun to watch provided you don't think too much. And that's what I like simple, fun entertainment with action.
91Nyo7MFWZL._RI_.jpg
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Thanks to Amazon Prime I get to watch a lot of B grade movies. These two were quite entertaining. I wonder if they will make any more.
maxresdefault-1-759x500.jpg
v1.bTsxMjM4NDIwMDtqOzE4MDk4OzEyMDA7NDk4OzY2NA.jpg
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Just got home from watching Brightburn.

Basically, the Superman origin story told as a horror movie.
I quite liked it.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

The Highwaymen

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

The-Pacific-2010-movie-poster.jpg
I'm about 9 years late watching this mini series but I just finished it last night. I was impressed. Nearly as good as Band of Brothers.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Name a movie that you recently enjoyed

Post by Robotaz »

Watched The Martian again. I’m not a Matt Damon fan, but it’s a great movie. The technical part of movies always aggravate me as an engineer. I thought the engineering and tech talk was impressive.
Last edited by Robotaz on Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:05 pm Watched The Martian again. I’m not a Matt Damon fan, but it’s a great movie. The technical part of movies always aggregate me as an engineer. I thought the engineering and tech talk was impressive.
I totally understand how watering things down, or mistakes made in movies and television can irritate someone trained in that specific trade. I nearly bored my friends to tears with my gripes about 300.

*tosses English and History degree on a bonfire*
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Robotaz wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:05 pm Watched The Martian again. I’m not a Matt Damon fan, but it’s a great movie. The technical part of movies always aggregate me as an engineer. I thought the engineering and tech talk was impressive.
You would likely enjoy the book even more. The book has less about the Earth team and his connection with them, and more about his solitary survival, with lots of text devoted to the engineering. The book was much more of a Robinson Crusoe reading experience, and I thought the book was great. In fact, the technical emphasis was one of the criticisms of the book by some readers when I read reviews before I purchased it, and obviously why the movie features the Earth team more to give it a wider appeal.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

ManOnTime wrote:
I totally understand how watering things down, or mistakes made in movies and television can irritate someone trained in that specific trade. I nearly bored my friends to tears with my gripes about 300.

*tosses English and History degree on a bonfire*
lol, GD autocorrect.