We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Best TV Show

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: Best TV Show

Post by Boourns »

Barry on HBO is totally worth your time.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

I'm really enjoying the Chernobyl mini-series on HBO right now. I had no idea what a frelled situation Chernobyl was. I can see why it's getting a 9.6 IMDB rating and the high 90% ratings on RT. And if you liked Jared Harris in The Terror, he's great in this so far, too, and Stellan Skarsgard is a good fit for his supporting role.

If you like historical reenactments and think you might be interested, don't watch the trailers. Just watch it. :)
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

High up on my list are (warning, heavy UK bias here):

1. Rick and Morty
2. Parks and Recreation
3. The Office (both UK and US versions)
4. Silk
5. Luther
6. Sherlock
7. Happy Valley (absolutely brilliant. If you want to know what policing in the UK is like, see this)
8. Broadchurch
9. Unforgotten
10. Killing Eve (crazy but fantastic)
11. Little Drummer Girl
12. The Night Manager[/list]

If you are fans of great stories, brilliant characters, intrigue, and something a bit more cerebral, check out 5 to 12 on my list.
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

cel4145 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:51 pm I'm really enjoying the Chernobyl mini-series on HBO right now. I had no idea what a frelled situation Chernobyl was. I can see why it's getting a 9.6 IMDB rating and the high 90% ratings on RT. And if you liked Jared Harris in The Terror, he's great in this so far, too, and Stellan Skarsgard is a good fit for his supporting role.

If you like historical reenactments and think you might be interested, don't watch the trailers. Just watch it. :)
I need to check this out.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Recently finished season 2 of The Tick on Amazon and really enjoyed it.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

TheJohnP wrote:Recently finished season 2 of The Tick on Amazon and really enjoyed it.
Looking forward to having time for this one. Spoon!!!
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:37 pm Recently finished season 2 of The Tick on Amazon and really enjoyed it.
Love The Tick! The call of destiny is telling me I want must watch a season 3 if The Tick is renewed! :lol:

For another under the radar sci-fi humor show, try Hulu's Future Man. The show purposely has an 80s TV show vibe, down to 80s sci-fi costume design and special effects. The campy humor is different from The Tick. It is a Seth Rogen project with what you might expect from that. More gutter humor, and the sexual humor makes it inappropriate for all age groups.

Spoiler trailer:

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

cel4145 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:47 am
TheJohnP wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:37 pm Recently finished season 2 of The Tick on Amazon and really enjoyed it.
Love The Tick! The call of destiny is telling me I want must watch a season 3 if The Tick is renewed! :lol:

For another under the radar sci-fi humor show, try Hulu's Future Man. The show purposely has an 80s TV show vibe, down to 80s sci-fi costume design and special effects. The campy humor is different from The Tick. It is a Seth Rogen project with what you might expect from that. More gutter humor, and the sexual humor makes it inappropriate for all age groups.

Spoiler trailer:

Future Man looks funny.

Since someone already screamed Spoon! I'll just say, "Arthur!"
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Comet TV network (comettv.com) has had a day long marathon of the classic show, The Prisoner.
Such a good show.

PRISONERMARATHON_SLIDER.jpg
Click Icon To Contact Me

CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Blackish
Goldbergs
Modern Family
New Amsterdam
E:60
Last Week Tonight
Chernobyl
Hanna
Stranger Things
House of cards
5th Gear
Top Gear
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

Just finished Game of Thrones. Now on to Chernobyl, it's very good so far.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

On the last episode of Good Omens on Prime. From the opening credits the work of Douglas Adams came to mind. If you are a fan of his work, you should check this out. Sadly Adams is no longer with us, but it is nice to see some of his style pass onto other writers.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:20 am On the last episode of Good Omens on Prime. From the opening credits the work of Douglas Adams came to mind. If you are a fan of his work, you should check this out. Sadly Adams is no longer with us, but it is nice to see some of his style pass onto other writers.

Waiting until my large flatscreen gets back from the shop before watching this one.

And sadly, Terry Pratchett, who cowrote the book, also passed several years ago. Love his Discworld series.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Best TV Show

Post by Sporkboy »

TheJohnP wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:20 am On the last episode of Good Omens on Prime. From the opening credits the work of Douglas Adams came to mind. If you are a fan of his work, you should check this out. Sadly Adams is no longer with us, but it is nice to see some of his style pass onto other writers.

Waiting until my large flatscreen gets back from the shop before watching this one.

And sadly, Terry Pratchett, who cowrote the book, also passed several years ago. Love his Discworld series.
I think that you are right in waiting to see this on a larger screen. Some of the scenes would play a little ‘tinny’ on a laptop screen.

I should have mentioned that there is a watch that shows up- the Devon Tread 1. It totally makes sense for the character to have a watch like this. Maybe a Richard Mille would have also worked, but I am not sure how much product placement RM does.

https://www.watch-id.com/sightings/devo ... good-omens
ImageImage
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:18 am

FYI: Pratchett was publishing before Adams, so Pratchett was more likely Adams's influence. Although Adams got his start writing scripts for Monty Python, and then later scripts for Doctor Who and The Hitchhiker's Guide radio series (before the novel). So Adams's style of humor might only be Monty Python influenced. :D