We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Christopher Ward imploding

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I just tried to reply to yet another complaint about abysmal customer service at CW on the CWL forum and it was deleted before I could reply.

It’s so bad that they are now deleting posts about CS. I highly recommend people stay away until they stop hiding their bad customer service and right these wrongs.

This is the worst meltdown I think I’ve seen. This could go all the way down the drain before it’s over. I hope not, but I’m not so sure they don’t deserve it at this point.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Re: Christopher Ward imploding

Post by mplsabdullah »

What sort of issues are people running into with them?
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I wouldn’t say higher than normal failure rates or anything like that. Just CS way, way behind the level of demand for their services.

CWL as a brand has exploded. It hit the WIS circuit years ago, kinda died down to a steady state, but retail sales to the common man have gone bananas. They just don’t have the CS to stand up to the demand.

Those of us who have high standards, especially for delivering what’s promised, are sorely disappointed. The fact they’re deleting complaints on their forum is a new level of insult.
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

The so called independant CW forum is owned and controlled by CW and run by the biggest CW BoBo, he was called out on it and finally admitted that CW runs the forum.

If you are not a Kool Aid drinker you will not have your posts allowed, post they are great, perfect, super customer service and your post will stay on the forum.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

That's a shame, and I really have no business telling others how to run their forums, but, that's no way to run a forum.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

This is really unfortunate. I have come close to buying a CW many times, and was still looking forward to it.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Wow. This is news to me and I appreciate you pointing it out. After I get caught up here I will head over there and see what's left to read.

I love my CW Trident and was very seriously considering another CW when I purchased my NTH last month. Their watches seem pretty hard to beat when you catch them during a 30% off or nearly new sale, but I will wait to see how these issues shake out.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

For the record, I own three CW watches and I really enjoy them. When I downsize they are not watches that I consider selling.

I’m just really perturbed by the efforts to sweep away the problems. Businesses usually resort to that when in dire straights, and it’s almost always a sign the end is near.

That said, CW needs a CS makeover and they’ll be fine; maybe better than ever.
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

I just bought my first CW (used) and would love to add the Malvern Moonphase someday. But the things that pushed me into the decision to buy (beyond liking the design, obviously), was the positive CS reputation and the warranty, both of which have now become the centers of the recent controversy. Hope they can get it ironed out -- they must really be swamped, given the responses people have been posting that they've received recently from CS.

It's interesting to me that as much as I like the designs of the C65 diver and the Moonphase and a few of their other current designs, I really don't care for their older designs and some of the current things like the large arrow hour hands. Their older designs to me look dated. Most other watch brands, I either like their designs throughout time or don't, rather than liking some periods and not liking others. But that's probably because most other brands don't change their styling/design approaches as much as CW has over time.