We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Mido Patrimony from Macys sale mini review and photos

Watch and watch accessory reviews posted by members.
cheddar
MoT Member

Mido Patrimony from Macys sale mini review and photos

Post by cheddar »

The Mido Patrimony I reported on in the deals thread last week arrived from Macy’s today.

Was disappointed that the warranty card wasn’t filled out. I assume this means that the 2-year warranty Macy’s advertises on the website is an in-house warranty and not manufacturer? Kind of loses some of the value, if so (although Mido lists a Macy’s store in Texas as an authorized dealer). If I wanted to ask about this, any suggestions as to whether to ask Macy’s or Mido?

The watch itself arrived with full packaging and wrapping. Nice piano black Mido box, all the plastic covering the watch and buckle, tags, etc (as one would hope for a model that was just released).

It’s beautiful...wears larger than the 40mm due the relatively thin bezel. Lugs have a nice little twist in them. The blue sunburst is gorgeous.

I don’t love the color of the suede-feel vintage strap, and rarely wear the original straps anyway (especially not when it’s hot and humid), so I put it on a grey perlon for summer wear.

Interestingly, the most unique aspect, the pulsometer, is much less noticeable in person than in the photos. I think this is due to the dome in the crystal and the perspective of the human eye versus camera. So at a glance, the pulsometer almost looks like part of the reflection on the edge of the domed sapphire and, from a couple of feet, the watch pretty much looks just like a blue sector dial watch. I think this is great...the pulsometer can still be read if desired, but it’s not so prominent to detract from the overall impression of the watch.

The watch this most reminds me of from previous experience in terms of size, the way it wears, etc., is the Orient Bambino Small Seconds. If that Bambino were available in blue, it would be an acceptable substitute for those wanting to stay more affordable.

Enough talk, on to the photos!

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Mido Patrimony from Macys sale mini review and photos

Post by watchpalooza »

Very pretty watch, congratulations! Regarding the warranty, you should start with Macy’s to confirm the warranty included with the sale.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

cheddar wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:27 pm Image
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Thanks for the suggestion, I will do so. And thanks to ManOnTime for making this deal possible! :-)
watchpalooza wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:44 pm Very pretty watch, congratulations! Regarding the warranty, you should start with Macy’s to confirm the warranty included with the sale.
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Oh, guess what, it looks good in its closeups, too:

cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Update on the warranty issue:

Macy's replied and said the warranty is through the vendor (and listing says shipped directly from the vendor). Who is the vendor? Well, the watch was shipped from "SGUS" in Seacaucus NJ. Hmmm, who could that be?

I'll be contacting Mido next, I guess, and asking them why watches shipped directly from their parent company (Swatch Group US, obviously, for the sake of search results) is shipping watches with a blank warranty card. Hopefully the response is that the receipt is all I need. :)
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

That's an absolute beauty of a watch!! The lume was an unexpected surprise and makes it that much cooler. Thanks for the review/pics.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

cheddar wrote:Oh, guess what, it looks good in its closeups, too:

That watch is gorgeous, enjoy it. I almost bought one as well, but the lug width was reported to be 19mm and I was concerned about finding other straps. You've already put it on some other straps, so is it 19 or 20mm?
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

PetrosD wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:49 pm That watch is gorgeous, enjoy it. I almost bought one as well, but the lug width was reported to be 19mm and I was concerned about finding other straps. You've already put it on some other straps, so is it 19 or 20mm?
It's definitely 19mm. But I already have a Tudor BB36 with 19mm lugs. Perlons (18 or 20) work great, because the weave stretches or compacts as needed. Natos (20mm), as long as they aren't too thick, work pretty well (I may actually use a few 18mm natos on this, some of mine don't leave too much of a gap). Leather is the main issue, but I already have a few for the Tudor and I ordered a custom cordovan strap that I hope to use for both. Rios and Fluco both make decent 19mm leather options.
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Warranty update:

Mido forwarded my email to Swatch Group USA, who sent along a polite and helpful email that included the following info:

“Typically, watches are already in stock and onsite at our authorized dealers' locations. The retailer is supposed to fill out the warranty card prior to shipping it out to the consumer. We realize this process is not always followed. For that reason, we do accept your sales receipt for warranty verification. In the event that your timepiece requires service within the initial 2 year period, you may send a copy of the dated sales receipt along with your watch.”

We’ll hope, of course, that testing this never becomes necessary.

And because no update should be without a photo:

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

cheddar wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:35 pm Warranty update:

Mido forwarded my email to Swatch Group USA, who sent along a polite and helpful email that included the following info:

“Typically, watches are already in stock and onsite at our authorized dealers' locations. The retailer is supposed to fill out the warranty card prior to shipping it out to the consumer. We realize this process is not always followed. For that reason, we do accept your sales receipt for warranty verification. In the event that your timepiece requires service within the initial 2 year period, you may send a copy of the dated sales receipt along with your watch.”

We’ll hope, of course, that testing this never becomes necessary.

And because no update should be without a photo:

If I were in your position I'd scan or take a photo of the receipt. In my experience, the ink used fades to unreadable in a pretty short amount of time.

Unless of course you already have an electronic receipt. In that case, never mind! :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

ManOnTime wrote:
If I were in your position I'd scan or take a photo of the receipt. In my experience, the ink used fades to unreadable in a pretty short amount of time.

Unless of course you already have an electronic receipt. In that case, never mind! :lol:
Great idea. I’ll scan the receipt and make a PDF of the email to keep somewhere secure, electronically.