We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Dust (?) inside my Zelos, seeking advice

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Boourns
MoT Member

Dust (?) inside my Zelos, seeking advice

Post by Boourns »

So I noticed a while ago that there seems to be some dust or a hair under the crystal of my Horizons GMT. You can see it in my WRUW pic from today. Look between the Z logo and the 12 index:

You can see it at other angles, too:

I am almost certain it is not a scratch on the crystal. I cannot feel anything when i run a fingernail over it, and it looks as if the end of it (on the Z side) is hanging off the inside of the crystal.

Although I really don't think it is a scratch, I suppose it could be. Is there a way to buff/polish the sapphire to be sure? Is it even possible that something is stuck to the inside of the crystal? I have not been swimming in this watch and when it is not on my wrist it is in my box or my winder with the crown screwed down properly.

If something is stuck inside, is it worth trying to take it to a watchmaker? Or would you email Elshan directly?

Not sure how to proceed and would like to hear what you guys think. Thanks!
I wish that watch were 38mm?
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Dust (?) inside my Zelos, seeking advice

Post by watchpalooza »

That almost certainly is a hair inside the crystal. Is this a new purchase? If it is, just contact Zelos and they should take care of it.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Yeah that’s a defect. Sorry. Send it back. It’s a beautiful watch and you’ll be happy you got it corrected.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

From what little I remember, Zelos' customer service is top notch. I would definitely take it up with them. If it was an Invicta or even Seiko, I would say grab some Rodico and have at it, but if it is under warranty from a company as reputable as Zelos, definitely contact them.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Thanks guys for confirming. I emailed Zelos last night, and I expect that Elshan will handle it. I'll keep this thread up to date with his response and resolution.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Well that didn't take long. Elshan got back to me this morning. He immediately offered to send me a replacement, and once I am happy with the new one, he'll send me a return label for my current. Doesn't get much better than that.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Boourns wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:40 am Well that didn't take long. Elshan got back to me this morning. He immediately offered to send me a replacement, and once I am happy with the new one, he'll send me a return label for my current. Doesn't get much better than that.
That is outstanding customer service!
norsairius
MoT Member

Post by norsairius »

Elshan is the best! The Horizons GMT unfortunately just never really clicked with me despite how awesome it is. Elshan has been consistently communicative and helpful every time I've contacted him. I absolutely will be buying more Zelos watches in the future because of him.

I'm glad you got a quick answer and good service on this issue.