We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by WhaleTail »

WhaleTail wrote:Thinning the herd: sold one and bought four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Make that 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

I've mentioned this in other threads already, but feel this is a safe space as well.

Hi everyone. My name is Brett and I broke my no purchasing of watches until October promise I made to my girlfriend and myself. I was saving up for a Sinn 104 and buying no watches makes it easier to do so. Also makes it easier to justify spending well over $1k on a watch. I hadn't purchased anything since November. A few new watches came into my possession over that time, but that was from winning them or trading. I occupied myself by literally not opening the deals thread for months, but then a few weeks ago I figured I'd just go to look at the pictures and be jealous of the deals. Suddenly yesterday I found myself with a watch in a cart and not pulling the trigger. Watch became "sold out" and I was relieved to have not spent money. I even congratulated myself! Then I get a PM from a user I will keep anonymous saying that a few were put back in stock. Within seconds I was pressing the "complete purchase" button.

To make myself feel better about it, I'm putting 3 watches up for sale to which the GF said "I'm so proud of you!". She doesn't know about the new one yet.... BUT it does come with a free pair of silver earrings!

Anyway, that is my confession. Thank you for listening and for giving your support
Insta me: bbrou33
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Dub Rubb wrote:
Sporkboy wrote:I admit that I wore a wristwatch and a pocketwatch today (at the same time) just so that I could be LWDS compliant.
That's amazing. I had know idea that you rocked BOTH of them today! Due to your commitment to and support of the cause, I hereby welcome you into the High Order of LWDS.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
I am honored. I do not take this lightly and will do my best to hold myself to the ideals of the LWDS and break all rules as needed.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Bbrou33 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:44 am I've mentioned this in other threads already, but feel this is a safe space as well.

Hi everyone. My name is Brett and I broke my no purchasing of watches until October promise I made to my girlfriend and myself. I was saving up for a Sinn 104 and buying no watches makes it easier to do so. Also makes it easier to justify spending well over $1k on a watch. I hadn't purchased anything since November. A few new watches came into my possession over that time, but that was from winning them or trading. I occupied myself by literally not opening the deals thread for months, but then a few weeks ago I figured I'd just go to look at the pictures and be jealous of the deals. Suddenly yesterday I found myself with a watch in a cart and not pulling the trigger. Watch became "sold out" and I was relieved to have not spent money. I even congratulated myself! Then I get a PM from a user I will keep anonymous saying that a few were put back in stock. Within seconds I was pressing the "complete purchase" button.

To make myself feel better about it, I'm putting 3 watches up for sale to which the GF said "I'm so proud of you!". She doesn't know about the new one yet.... BUT it does come with a free pair of silver earrings!

Anyway, that is my confession. Thank you for listening and for giving your support
Hi Brett. Why don't you have a seat on that couch over there and make yourself comfortable ;) . We are all in different phases of our life, have different circumstances, issues, competing interest, etc. I started to spill the beans on why I haven't purchased a Speedmaster yet...but I withdrew the statement. It has zero to do with money and everything to do with the fact that while I would love it, my family wouldn't benefit. In your case, don't be too hard on yourself. Material possessions will not make you happy but spending a few hundred dollars on a smoking deal Seiko isn't going to break you, either.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Split-Time wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:49 pm
Bbrou33 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:44 am I've mentioned this in other threads already, but feel this is a safe space as well.

Hi Brett. Why don't you have a seat on that couch over there and make yourself comfortable ;) . We are all in different phases of our life, have different circumstances, issues, competing interest, etc. I started to spill the beans on why I haven't purchased a Speedmaster yet...but I withdrew the statement. It has zero to do with money and everything to do with the fact that while I would love it, my family wouldn't benefit. In your case, don't be too hard on yourself. Material possessions will not make you happy but spending a few hundred dollars on a smoking deal Seiko isn't going to break you, either.

Insta me: bbrou33
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

True confession: I wake up an hour earlier than I need to just to see what's going on in the MoT forums and to try to find a couple quick deals to post. I used to just sleep right up until the last minute, but I have been enjoying searching deals while drinking coffee quite a bit more than chugging coffee while scrambling to put my pants on.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:50 pm True confession: I wake up an hour earlier than I need to just to see what's going on in the MoT forums and to try to find a couple quick deals to post. I used to just sleep right up until the last minute, but I have been enjoying searching deals while drinking coffee quite a bit more than chugging coffee while scrambling to put my pants on.
Can totally relate to this.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:50 pm True confession: I wake up an hour earlier than I need to just to see what's going on in the MoT forums and to try to find a couple quick deals to post. I used to just sleep right up until the last minute, but I have been enjoying searching deals while drinking coffee quite a bit more than chugging coffee while scrambling to put my pants on.

Other than the coffee, THIS.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Confession: I have a desk watch. I picked up this Parnis for about $70 over a year ago. Wasn't expecting much but wanted an automatic GMT to play with. Because of a loved one's line of work I have been interested in the time in another part of the world. This really has been handy, and enjoyable, for that purpose.
IMG_6813.jpg
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

In January I told myself I'd only buy 3 watches this year- the zelos gmt, a "nice" watch, and one random purchase.

Well 6 months in I've bought an Edox moonphase, the Hamtun H2, a Sinn 556A, a g-shock 5600, a Seiko srpb43, a Seiko ssa385, a c60 trident pro 600. Didn't even buy a Zelos gmt in the end lol.

Why are watches so addicting to buy. I really need to sell some
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:29 pm
Can totally relate to this.

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://i.imgflip.com/35dqwt.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>i</span><span>.</span><span>imgflip</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>35dqwt</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]
TheJohnP wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:36 am

Other than the coffee, THIS.
My turn.

This year has been super-stressful and continues to be. Logging on and seeing comments like these, no matter how ordinary or simplistic they may be has been the best therapy I could have hoped for. I'm not going to lie, it may even get "dusty" in here once in a while after reading them. ;)

Seeing proof that what has been created here has had this kind of an effect on people really fills me with pride. Thank you. Thank all of you.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Leaving for San Diego in the morning for a week long work trip.

Which means less time online looking for deals, which does actually irk me a little. And I'll be in the air during the morning of Prime Day, although that could be to my benefit...
Click Icon To Contact Me

cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

TheJohnP wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:36 pm Leaving for San Diego in the morning for a week long work trip.

Which means less time online looking for deals, which does actually irk me a little. And I'll be in the air during the morning of Prime Day, although that could be to my benefit...
Will you be attending Comic-Con?
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

cel4145 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:55 pm
TheJohnP wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:36 pm Leaving for San Diego in the morning for a week long work trip.

Yup, I'll be in that maelstrom
Click Icon To Contact Me

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

TheJohnP wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:57 pm
cel4145 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Yup, I'll be in that maelstrom
Going to be some interesting wrist shots :lol:.