Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Post by Robotaz »

PetWatch wrote:Certainly a visual treat.
Alchimus

Post by Alchimus »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:53 am
Maybe the watch should show 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144 as the time!?
PnT
MoT Member

Post by PnT »

Just received my CW C60 Trident Pro. The leather strap is a bit stiff and will need breaking in. I also got their brushed steel bracelet during the sale that will be delivered next week replacing this leather strap. Very happy I picked one up!
Attachments
CW_Trident.png
CW_Trident.png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 1715 times
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Alchimus wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:33 pm
Kudos to bringing the Fibonacci sequence into the watch world and showing off the Fibonacci spiral.
fibonacci+sequence.png
fibonacci+sequence.png (61.39 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

All of this visualization speak is making me think it's time for Codek v. Ocean Crawler cage match!
Attachments
oceancrawler.jpg
oceancrawler.jpg (16.13 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
Codek+Logo+(Black).png
Codek+Logo+(Black).png (22.64 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Alchimus wrote:
LOL! Good one.
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Post by WhaleTail »

BillionaireDoors wrote:
PopePants2 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:04 am
code wrote:Could you tell me sombody - Why is price is so low? Automatic chronograph with 20BAR only for 229 USD? How is that even possible? Thx

https://www.certifiedwatchstore.com/zen ... -a1-7.html
Cuz when it shows up, it actually a Quartz three hander :)

Just kidding, it's a great deal, if you actually get the right watch.
I tried the 3-hand automatic and it shipped. Will it be automatic? Will it be quartz? The SUSPENSE!
It might be the automatic version since the price is $100 more.

Anyway, I contacted customer service asking why my exchange for the correct item was not honored, this is the response I got: “

Dear Sir,

Once your order was cancelled as there was not stock at the moment, payment was refunded.

I checked with our warehouse and we did not receive any more. They found another piece & simply added to inventory.

In fact the items listed for Zeno were not stock we took delivery of recently. The were mis-placed in our warehouse for some time.

Michael”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I know most people are here bc they want deals on new watches, but some of the best deals I've ever found on watches have been pre-owned on ebay. And if you're someone, like me, who doesn't need to have every watch be a perfect like-new example....if you're OK with scratches and dings on a sports watch like a diver for instance, there are even better deals to be had. This seller seems to be up-front and honest about the condition of the watch and discloses that the original strap will not come with it. There are 35 "watchers" for the listing, and at $630 shipped, I really don't know what they're waiting for. A used Oris Divers Sixty-Five 65, not an IG queen, but you might find you get plenty of enjoyment out of it anyway.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oris-Sixty-Fiv ... ition=3000

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:54 pm I know most people are here bc they want deals on new watches, but some of the best deals I've ever found on watches have been pre-owned on ebay. And if you're someone, like me, who doesn't need to have every watch be a perfect like-new example....if you're OK with scratches and dings on a sports watch like a diver for instance, there are even better deals to be had. This seller seems to be up-front and honest about the condition of the watch and discloses that the original strap will not come with it. There are 35 "watchers" for the listing, and at $630 shipped, I really don't know what they're waiting for. A used Oris Divers Sixty-Five 65, not an IG queen, but you might find you get plenty of enjoyment out of it anyway.

What a great deal. These go for $700 to $1000 all day elsewhere.

And I second the second-hand sentiment. Only 1 watch (or 2 if you count CW "nearly new") in my collection was bought brand new. The others have all been second hand. Good way to save a few hundred bucks, depending on the watch.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Lrwatchman

Post by Lrwatchman »

code wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:47 am
BillionaireDoors wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:35 am
code wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:30 am

You think they would send a quartz? Because reference number is correct and on their pages stated automatic!
People got a quartz last time. You would think they fixed their mistake. I'm not very hopeful.

I already paid for this Zeno watch, I sent them an email if it was a quartz movement to cancel my order. So we'll see

I ordered the automatic Chrono from Amazon/Flying Fashion (sister company to CWS). I received the 3 hand Quartz and Amazon wouldn’t let me post a review.
https://watchintyme.com/attachment.php? ... 1563463212
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:54 pm I know most people are here bc they want deals on new watches, but some of the best deals I've ever found on watches have been pre-owned on ebay. And if you're someone, like me, who doesn't need to have every watch be a perfect like-new example....if you're OK with scratches and dings on a sports watch like a diver for instance, there are even better deals to be had. This seller seems to be up-front and honest about the condition of the watch and discloses that the original strap will not come with it. There are 35 "watchers" for the listing, and at $630 shipped, I really don't know what they're waiting for. A used Oris Divers Sixty-Five 65, not an IG queen, but you might find you get plenty of enjoyment out of it anyway.

I agree with you on some of the best deal being pre-owned. But that particular O65 looks a bit rough and I would rather pay a bit more and get one in better condition. Or if it was a bit cheaper i would justify it to myself. $600 is a bit of no-mans-land for that particular piece.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

valuewatchguy wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:06 pm

I agree with you on some of the best deal being pre-owned. But that particular O65 looks a bit rough and I would rather pay a bit more and get one in better condition. Or if it was a bit cheaper i would justify it to myself. $600 is a bit of no-mans-land for that particular piece.
I fully agree that it is definitely in rough condition. But the quote of yours that I highlighted above is the conventional wisdom and exactly why someone else can get it for a great price.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 5573.m1684
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Crafter Blue is coming out with a new dual color strap for the Seiko SKX. They have a $55.25 pre-order price, which is a 15% reduction from what will be the regular sale price. While I've heard mostly good things about their straps, I've heard mixed reviews regarding their customer service and communication.

https://www.crafterblue.com/seiko-skx-s ... _source=so

recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Rocat wrote:$90 is a steal. If I didn't have both I'd order it. I bet Amazon is still shipping these with the Scuba tank watch case.
Happy to confirm that the Citizen BN0151-09L Prime Day deal did ship in the scuba tank watch case.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

PnT wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:17 pm Just received my CW C60 Trident Pro. The leather strap is a bit stiff and will need breaking in. I also got their brushed steel bracelet during the sale that will be delivered next week replacing this leather strap. Very happy I picked one up!
Enjoy your new watch! Please post some pictures with the brushed bracelet. I have the same watch on the bracelet with polished center links and have wondered how it would look with the brushed, considering that the top of the lugs are polished.