We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by TheJohnP »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:34 pm Just put on some cheap old strap I had. For $19 I am really happy with this Mumbai franken watch. Got it because I originally backed the Direnzo drz02 on Kickstarter but had to cancel because I bought my sinn556 at the time. This is obviously a new dial but everything else is original from 1972 I believe. To be honest I didn't even think it would show up let alone work.
Fyi there's still more on eBay for this same watch.
ImageImageImage

Wonder if Sergio has seen what he's inspired.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

TheJohnP wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:34 pm Just put on some cheap old strap I had. For $19 I am really happy with this Mumbai franken watch. Got it because I originally backed the Direnzo drz02 on Kickstarter but had to cancel because I bought my sinn556 at the time. This is obviously a new dial but everything else is original from 1972 I believe. To be honest I didn't even think it would show up let alone work.
ImageImageImage

Probably not, but I also wonder if citizen originally made a dial like this? I researched a bit but there are way too many eagle 7 dials that exist.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:18 pm
TheJohnP wrote:
ImageImageImage

Probably not, but I also wonder if citizen originally made a dial like this? I researched a bit but there are way too many eagle 7 dials that exist.

Seems like someone would've flagged the Citizen sooner if it was the homage to the Direnzo.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

Got this off WUS sale thread. I’m glad i got a second chance in owning it!
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Just came in the mail. Gonna put a canvas strap on it. Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Stretch44 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:16 pm Just came in the mail. Gonna put a canvas strap on it. Image

Where did you buy it from?
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:36 am
Stretch44 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:16 pm Just came in the mail. Gonna put a canvas strap on it. Image

Where did you buy it from?
Amazon. I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket so what better thing to buy than a watch!
joelf15
MoT Member

Post by joelf15 »

Finally own a Christopher Ward.

Perfect timing this week for my birthday. A visit to the winery with the C65 Trident

This watch looks amazing in person. Love the finishing and the strap is like butter one of the most comfortable leather straps I've worn

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

joelf15 wrote:Finally own a Christopher Ward.

Perfect timing this week for my birthday. A visit to the winery with the C65 Trident

This watch looks amazing in person. Love the finishing and the strap is like butter one of the most comfortable leather straps I've worn

ImageImageImageImage

Congratulations, nice addition. I held off a very long time buying a CW because I really didn't (and don't) like the logo. And yet, I bought two in July and find them to be outstanding watches. The quality for the price is really high. I don't even notice the logo when wearing them, and my bronze CW has gotten more compliments from people in just a few months than any other watch I've ever owned (mostly because no one ever comments on my watches, but they have with that one for some reason).
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

I picked up this Sinn 104 LE today from a seller on WUS. I love the green dial. It feels great on the wrist. So often OEM leather straps are a little too short for my 8" wrists, but this fits great.Image
joelf15
MoT Member

Post by joelf15 »

PetrosD wrote:
joelf15 wrote:Finally own a Christopher Ward.

ImageImageImageImage

Congratulations, nice addition. I held off a very long time buying a CW because I really didn't (and don't) like the logo. And yet, I bought two in July and find them to be outstanding watches. The quality for the price is really high. I don't even notice the logo when wearing them, and my bronze CW has gotten more compliments from people in just a few months than any other watch I've ever owned (mostly because no one ever comments on my watches, but they have with that one for some reason).

Thanks! The logo was never a problem for me. I am surprised with the build quality and value fit for money! I'm giving to be meeting them at the watch fair in Manhattan this weekend! Very excited

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:12 pm I have 3 watches incoming......maybe, hopefully. Most people report they have received their "ships in 1-2 months" or whatever time-frame Amazon orders but some have said otherwise. I have 2 of those pending. A Casio W736H-1AV for $7 and a AE1000W-3AV for $4. If I manage to get the third (not from Amazon, not a Casio) mystery watch, I'll be posting it in the deals thread for sure. I have a feeling someone else may find it and post it in the meantime, but I want to make sure my order ships first. It is something I never thought I would be able to find at this price. 🤞

I'm buying too many. Time to slow down. :? First, I'm copying this from the incoming thread. A little while back there were all these cheap Casio and Timex watches on Amazon that weren't immediately available to ship. I ordered the ones above. My $7 vibration alarm watch got cancelled. But I finally received my $4 World Time AE1000W-3AV.....2 actually. I think I'm gonna be really happy with it for $4. 8-) it seems others have had mixed results with these orders as well. Also my Vostok Komandirskie 439631 came in. If I can figure out how to successfully strip it down to the brass, I think I'll be very happy with it. For the first time ever, I'm thinking about a bund strap.....for this little 'dirskie. Up next, got a great deal on a Citizen Nighthawk BJ7019-62E. Gonna try analog quartz again and see if it will stick to my wrist for at least a little while. And lastly the Seiko Prospex SRPC95, the Orange Turtle/Nemo. The price was just too good to pass up. It was miscategorized on ebay and I was able to use the sitewide coupon code. I imagine I'll flip it at some point soon but it's already pre-owned so I might as well wear it a few times.

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Just arrived.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

whoagorgeous wrote:Just arrived.

Jesus that's insanely fast shipping. Mine hasn't even left Japan yet and I ordered Sunday.

It looks amazing though
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

whoagorgeous wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:35 pm Just arrived.

WOW. :shock:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody