We're Moving!

Click for more info.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Dub Rubb »

This was at one time my most expensive watch purchase. In a time where I thought you would have to be CRAZY to spend more than the $150 this cost on a watch.

While my opinion has changed, my love for this watch has not. It's effing fantastic!! From the handset, to the teak dial to the oh so domed crystal(and in house movement!!), I still think this thing is an incredible value. Vostok Vednesday compliant with the Neptune SE # 257/800.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Switched to the Seiko Landshark on the vintage styled racing strap that was in the Mystery Package from Watch Gecko. I keep smelling it, the leather is so good on it. I just wish WG made their leather straps about an inch longer, I don't really like having to wear them on the first or second hole.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

ManOnTime wrote:Switched to the Seiko Landshark on the vintage styled racing strap that was in the Mystery Package from Watch Gecko. I keep smelling it, the leather is so good on it. I just wish WG made their leather straps about an inch longer, I don't really like having to wear them on the first or second hole.

I'm glad you kept the Landshark from the MG/AT debacle. It looks great on that strap! Would love to see some wrist shots.
Living a comeback montage.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

peskydonut wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:55 pm
ManOnTime wrote:Switched to the Seiko Landshark on the vintage styled racing strap that was in the Mystery Package from Watch Gecko. I keep smelling it, the leather is so good on it. I just wish WG made their leather straps about an inch longer, I don't really like having to wear them on the first or second hole.

I'm glad you kept the Landshark from the MG/AT debacle. It looks great on that strap! Would love to see some wrist shots.
I am too.

It's too good of a watch, especially for the price I paid. If I could change a couple things it would be the movment. Yes, the 7S is a workhorse, but I just irrationally dislike the fact that it can't be hand wound. The second would be the compass ring. I wish there was a way to lock it in to position. Just moving the wrist is enough to move the crown for it.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Split-Time wrote:Alright Legion, this is sort of hard for me to say, but I have new almost-favorite and it was well under $200. My Timex Q reissue from the deals thread arrived today. It looks so much cooler in the metal, and have thought that the pictures were pretty nice. I wasn't expecting a lot and maybe I ordered it because I did not have a Pepsi or 12 hour bezel and wanted one of each.

The bracelet, which I was sort of "eh" on in pictures, is great. The domed crystal....ahhh 8-) . I appreciate the smooth bi-diretional bezel when it seems so many reuse their 120 click dive bezels. And this watch isn't ashamed to be quartz...it is proud of it!
IMG_8278.JPG
IMG_8280.jpg
Looks awesome. I literally just sold my Timex Q today lol. They certainly look good but I just felt like I'd never wear it... Hopefully I don't regret it
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:17 pm
Split-Time wrote:Alright Legion, this is sort of hard for me to say, but I have new almost-favorite and it was well under $200. My Timex Q reissue from the deals thread arrived today. It looks so much cooler in the metal, and have thought that the pictures were pretty nice. I wasn't expecting a lot and maybe I ordered it because I did not have a Pepsi or 12 hour bezel and wanted one of each.

The bracelet, which I was sort of "eh" on in pictures, is great. The domed crystal....ahhh 8-) . I appreciate the smooth bi-diretional bezel when it seems so many reuse their 120 click dive bezels. And this watch isn't ashamed to be quartz...it is proud of it!

IMG_8278.JPG

IMG_8280.jpg
Looks awesome. I literally just sold my Timex Q today lol. They certainly look good but I just felt like I'd never wear it... Hopefully I don't regret it
I know what you mean. My herd could use a little thinning itself. I have mentioned this before, but I wear a GPS running watch all day everyday. Sometimes when I'm wearing long sleeves I try to pull off the two watch thing and keep the GPS watch under the cuff. What that means, and this may sound silly, is that I enjoy each watch that much more when I do wear it...and I know there will be stretches when they don't get worn.

On to an actual observation and question...for anyone. The Pepsi bezel is cool, but there is not a functional reason to have one on a 12 hour bezel, is there? Since I'm still fairly new to watch collecting I don't notice things like this until I get the watch in my hand.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Split-Time wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:38 pm

On to an actual observation and question...for anyone. The Pepsi bezel is cool, but there is not a functional reason to have one on a 12 hour bezel, is there? Since I'm still fairly new to watch collecting I don't notice things like this until I get the watch in my hand.

As far as a day/night need? Probably not.
But a 12 hour bezel makes for a good GMT-esque complication.
If you are traveling to a different time zone, turn the bezel so the new hour hits the hour hand.
I've got a watch with an internal 12 hour bezel and it's my usual go-to travel watch.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

peskydonut wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:55 pm

A quick one.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I have worn this ALL DAY (gasp!) but just now managed to take a picture. My wife didn't notice yesterday but maybe she will this evening :D . I'm traveling tomorrow for a football game on Saturday, so maybe I will pick back up with the Legion on Sunday.
IMG_8285.JPG
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Three Sub-Dial Thursday compliance? :lol:

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Rabirnie
MoT Member

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Rabirnie »

Beverage compliance via Ommegang Bigger and Bretter and Vostok. Not a variety of beer I typically drink, but $3 for 25oz is a deal worthy of this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Rabirnie on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:32 pm Three Sub-Dial Thursday compliance? :lol:

That watch has so many things going on (and I mean that in a good way) that between it and the retro hat, I think there is an exemption in there somewhere. Thumbs up!
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:32 pm This was at one time my most expensive watch purchase. In a time where I thought you would have to be CRAZY to spend more than the $150 this cost on a watch.

While my opinion has changed, my love for this watch has not. It's effing fantastic!! From the handset, to the teak dial to the oh so domed crystal(and in house movement!!), I still think this thing is an incredible value. Vostok Vednesday compliant with the Neptune SE # 257/800.

Alright, now I am looking at non-SE Vostok Neptunes. Thanks Dub. :roll: I’m a sucker for anything blue but I am also going to think about the yellow model. The teak on the Neptune may get me.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Carnivore compliant. Massive Carne Asada burrito from the local taqueria. Image
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:Three Sub-Dial Thursday compliance? [emoji38]

That Gulf hat though. . . always compliant. That ish is sweet!!!
Rabirnie wrote:Beverage compliance via Ommegang Bigger and Bretter and Vostok. Not a variety of beer I typically drink, but $3 for 25oz is a deal worthy of this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like it. Once You discover watch deals, something inside you demands that you find deals on all the things. But especially booze!
Stretch44 wrote:Carnivore compliant. Massive Carne Asada burrito from the local taqueria. Image
Can't argue this one. Asada and a speedy? Those are some of the sacred symbols of the legion.