We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
D77
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Post by D77 »

Blue wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 pm
D77 wrote:
The movement finish looks beautiful, but it seems like that it’s sold out online.
Well that went fast!
There's a pre-owned one available on WUS for $300 OBO... seems like a good deal.
Thanks for the heads up! But I’ve decided to pull the trigger on the above Tissot PRS 516 Chronograph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

Hope this doesn't rekindle any bad feelings from those whose orders were unfortunately canceled, but my Davosa Classic automatic from D. Freemont arrived yesterday. And while it might not be the $79 Eterna Pulseometer deal (which, I regrettably did miss out on), I've got to say this might quite possibly be one of the biggest bangs for $195 bucks I've spent. Pretty much everything about the watch is top notch...from the vintage, Art Deco-esque and wonderfully polished case (albeit, the overall watch design is somewhat "borrowing" from an IWC Portuguese), to the blued screws and perlage finish on the SW-200 movement, to the applied indices and subtle off-white dial. Even the strap, while a bit stiff, is nicely padded and feels very high-end. My only rather minor gripe is that it's running about 10 seconds fast after 20 hours of possessing it (but still well within spec). I might even go as far as to say that even at the original $390, this would make for a good pick up. Should make for a nice li'l dress watch, on those rare occasions where I might actually need to wear one!

ImageImageImage
joelf15
MoT Member

Post by joelf15 »

dumberdrummer wrote:Hope this doesn't rekindle any bad feelings from those whose orders were unfortunately canceled, but my Davosa Classic automatic from D. Freemont arrived yesterday. And while it might not be the $79 Eterna Pulseometer deal (which, I regrettably did miss out on), I've got to say this might quite possibly be one of the biggest bangs for $195 bucks I've spent. Pretty much everything about the watch is top notch...from the vintage, Art Deco-esque and wonderfully polished case (albeit, the overall watch design is somewhat "borrowing" from an IWC Portuguese), to the blued screws and perlage finish on the SW-200 movement, to the applied indices and subtle off-white dial. Even the strap, while a bit stiff, is nicely padded and feels very high-end. My only rather minor gripe is that it's running about 10 seconds fast after 20 hours of possessing it (but still well within spec). I might even go as far as to say that even at the original $390, this would make for a good pick up. Should make for a nice li'l dress watch, on those rare occasions where I might actually need to wear one!

ImageImageImage
Dude you got that for 195! Wow

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

These direct from Casio squares on ebay keep getting more affordable. G- Shock model DW5600E-1V for $39 and model GWM5610-1 for $73.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Casio-G-Shock- ... SwVE9bv2fQ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Casio-G-Shock- ... 2abc3466a9
Last edited by yinzburgher on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Perdendosi
MoT Member

Post by Perdendosi »

IMO anyone who can get the Grand Classic for less than $400 should. I bought it on a lark. I can't get it off my wrist for the workday. It's amazingly well finished, with an awesome bracelet, great dial detail, lovely case finishing, and highly decorated movement. I'm shocked that it's 42mm -- it certainly doesn't wear that way at all.

I promise some day I'll do a review of the watch. For now, here are some potato quality shots of it, compared with a 40mm (but basically bezelless) Mido, a 37mm /f72 square, a 39mm Farer Ponting, and a Samurai.

P.S. Macy's still has the two-tone, black-faced Grand Classic available for $372 after coupon, before cash back and tax. I'm not a two-tone fan, but if you are, jump on it. Even if Macy's doesn't give you the right box.
https://www.macys.com/shop/product/citi ... slotId%3D3
- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
Current collection:

Baume & Mercier Capeland Chrono | Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT | Oris Artix Date | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Hamtun H2 Meteroite | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Nth Nacken Renegade | Direnzo DRZ-03 "Blood Moon" | Citizen Grand Classic | Nodus Sector Field | Seiko SSA409 "Honeycomb" Star Bar **** Time | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Great White Turtle | Manchester Watch Works (RIP) Equinox All-Lume Dial | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" | Casio AE1400WH-2AV
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

^^^ That’s a pretty watch.
rinsk21
MoT Member

Post by rinsk21 »

I love Rakuten Global. My third purchase was screwed up (because I made a mistake on my email address, doh) but love these two with 26% CB!Image

IG: @watchesindc

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

rinsk21 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:21 pm I love Rakuten Global. My third purchase was screwed up (because I made a mistake on my email address, doh) but love these two with 26% CB!
Next time, I'm doing it.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
milkham
MoT Member

Post by milkham »

rinsk21 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:21 pm I love Rakuten Global. My third purchase was screwed up (because I made a mistake on my email address, doh) but love these two with 26% CB!Image

Wow nice! would it be rude to ask for the dollar details? i want to revel in your 26% vicariously
Osteoman
MoT Member

Post by Osteoman »

Perdendosi wrote:IMO anyone who can get the Grand Classic for less than $400 should. I bought it on a lark. I can't get it off my wrist for the workday. It's amazingly well finished, with an awesome bracelet, great dial detail, lovely case finishing, and highly decorated movement. I'm shocked that it's 42mm -- it certainly doesn't wear that way at all.

I promise some day I'll do a review of the watch. For now, here are some potato quality shots of it, compared with a 40mm (but basically bezelless) Mido, a 37mm /f72 square, a 39mm Farer Ponting, and a Samurai.

P.S. Macy's still has the two-tone, black-faced Grand Classic available for $372 after coupon, before cash back and tax. I'm not a two-tone fan, but if you are, jump on it. Even if Macy's doesn't give you the right box.
https://www.macys.com/shop/product/citi ... slotId%3D3
I agree with this. I own both colorways and they are tremendous for these prices. I also did get the correct boxes from Macy's. And btw the 2 tone is blue not black.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

johnmichael
MoT Member

Post by johnmichael »

Image Hey Perdendosi, you are so right about the Citizen Signature Series Grand Classic. Anywhere under $500, it is a steal w/that beautifully finished Miyota 9012! I personally like the gold/silver w/the navy blue face and thought I would underscore your post by posting it again. It is truly one high quality watch (I have the divers version) so here you go. I cannot believe it is only $372.30!

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/citi ... 0301008005
Last edited by johnmichael on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rinsk21
MoT Member

Post by rinsk21 »

milkham wrote:
rinsk21 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:21 pm I love Rakuten Global. My third purchase was screwed up (because I made a mistake on my email address, doh) but love these two with 26% CB!Image

Wow nice! would it be rude to ask for the dollar details? i want to revel in your 26% vicariously
I used some points from a previous purchase but after cash back my total was $3,500 for both. This is the third speedy that I've had in the past year and I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep it. I feel like I keep buying them just to try to convince myself that I like them.

flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Perdendosi wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:04 pm IMO anyone who can get the Grand Classic for less than $400 should. I bought it on a lark. I can't get it off my wrist for the workday. It's amazingly well finished, with an awesome bracelet, great dial detail, lovely case finishing, and highly decorated movement. I'm shocked that it's 42mm -- it certainly doesn't wear that way at all.
If anyone is interested, I'm about to return my Grand Classic to Macy's. It's a store display and/or customer return. I'm pissed that Macys sold this as a "new" watch, but for the price even I'll begrudgingly admit that it's still a steal. The collector / completionist / OCD sufferer in me just doesn't jive well with the generic eco drive box or the fact that this is a clearly used watch that was sold to me as new (twice). It's more of a principle thing. I have until Jan 19 to return it, but if anyone else wants it, I'd rather it go to one of you guys, rather than back to Macys so they can scam someone else into purchasing it as a "new" watch.

There's some minor wear (and I believe any wear is too much wear to be sold as new). It's only noticeable for watch freaks like us, though, and mostly on the bracelet. The only wear on the case is a scuff on the polished part of the fixed bezel. I'll be honest, it was nearly impossible to get the scuff to come out right in pictures, which is why the picture quality sucks... but on the other hand it kind of shows that the scuff is barely noticeable in all but the the right lighting and at the correct angle. And I can't see it in pic #1 at all, so that says something as well. The back of the watch has no scuffs, but it has some... buildup.. which is clearly skin slough/oil from having been on other people's skin before my purchase. If someone wants to buy the watch, I would clean it and then use some jewelry cloths to polish it all up. If I'm returning it anyway, I wasn't gonna bother.

Anyone else that wants it - it's up for grabs for what I paid + cost to ship from me to you (+ any fees associated with whatever transaction method we use). I think after tax it was around $370, likely a little less, but I will obviously provide proof and the actual receipt/confirmation.

Here's some pics, including the best I could capture the scuff. Ill also post this in the sale sub-forum (link here: http://manontime.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=158&p=4499), but like I said, the return is due 1/19, so it won' be around long. I didn't think to even try to sell on here until I noticed people talking about the watch and then saw your reply. Also I threw it on a leather strap for just these pictures because I didn't wanna mess with sizing the bracelet at all to get a decent wrist shot.

Last edited by flypanam on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Scruffy believes in this forum
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:14 am
Driven762 wrote:This seemed like a decent deal, G-Shock DW-5600BB on sale/clearance and Buy one get one free with code BOGOFREE + 4% cash back with topcashback.

I was in the market for a blacked out watch for work and also a fan of the negative displays. Would have preferred just paying 50% for one but that would have knocked me out of the free shipping range. I’ll either give one as a gift or see if another guy at work wants it for $35

https://www.forever21.com/us/shop/catal ... 1000298336

Pic from google search:

I am gonna give an extra like to this post, as I don't believe I have seen a deal from Forever21 yet. That's some deep deal digging! Good work!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

I bought a DW-5600BB and DW6900LU for $37 a piece before Christmas from them based on a WUS post :) But still a good find.
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

rinsk21 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:42 pm
milkham wrote:

I used some points from a previous purchase but after cash back my total was $3,500 for both. This is the third speedy that I've had in the past year and I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep it. I feel like I keep buying them just to try to convince myself that I like them.

Man oh man! I mentioned this before, but will say it again, that's where the real deals are with the RGM/Ebates discounts - luxury pre-owned watches. That's like paying McDonald's Big Mac money for a Ruth Chris fillet mignon! Well, maybe not that extreme as $3,500 is still a good chunk of change, but you get the point! Those are really good grabs. Heck, new grey market for the Speedy is $3,500. If the Speedy is in great condition, then it's almost like you got the Breitling for free!!! :lol: Who wouldn't love a free Breitling chronograph???