Interesting eBay Listings - Mod Stock

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Interesting eBay Listings - Mod Stock

Post by Sporkboy »

I have been checking out eBay for parts and watches to mod and I thought it might be fun to post some of the interesting things I am finding.

16 Relic Watches
The $40 shipping charge is steep, but these look like they might be good mod base watches. They don’t have integrated bracelets, so that is nice. They would all need new dials. I will need to look into the size, but if it is reasonable, then the case looks OK. For a case and movement it could be ~$4 a pop, which isn’t bad at all. More research is needed.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4084636933

Edit: It looks like the more interesting explorer 1 esque cases are potentially 42mm and 22mm bracelet. Others may be up to 45mm in diameter.

That is too big for me, but some large wristed modder out there might find this a deal.

Also, the listing shows these as quartz, and I thought they had fake gears and stuff. These do appear to be automatics. I am unsure of the movements.

These look like Kohl’s returns, so they might have come back for dead batteries/not running. They could also be junk. Oh the fun of eBay.

Last edited by Sporkboy on Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
deckeda
MoT Member

Re: Interesting eBay Listings - Mod Stock

Post by deckeda »

Occasionally I'm tempted by strangeness I see shipping from India sellers. Vintage Seiko 5's with odd dials that couldn't have existed in nature? Maybe legit, I don't know. Also, SKX with weird dials from the Philippines that also look fake.

I think anyone who has trolled vintage Seikos there has run across them. I figure they're all project material, not so much something you'd wear as-is.