We're Moving!

Click for more info.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Stretch44 »

Split-Time wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:09 am I grabbed the Q reissue from the deals thead this morning. Then I asked my wife is she wanted to wear it. She that is it is OK, but doesn't really do anything for her. I followed up by asking if she wanted to wear the Glycine Combat 6 (which she has never worn) and she perked up and said, "Yeah...I'll wear that."

She thinks taking these pictures is silly but also wants to point out that "hers looks better." :lol:

I love this! Maybe I'll get my wife to take a pic with me. She already makes fun of me when I'm doing it.

Not compliant, but obligatory pic.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Bbrou33 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:41 am
Split-Time wrote:I grabbed the Q reissue from the deals thead this morning. Then I asked my wife is she wanted to wear it. She that is it is OK, but doesn't really do anything for her. I followed up by asking if she wanted to wear the Glycine Combat 6 (which she has never worn) and she perked up and said, "Yeah...I'll wear that."

She thinks taking these pictures is silly but also wants to point out that "hers looks better." [emoji38]

This is awesome. Maybe I'll start along my lady if she wants to wear my watches. Although idk if that's a great idea.

Not compliant but picked up this strap from CNS from a deal posted in the thread so good enough!!

ImageImageImage

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33
There are no secrets in our marriage, but my only suggestion is not to offer up a watch that she doesn't know that you have. I will just leave that there.

Sweet Nighthawk! Looks great on that strap.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Stretch44 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:57 am
Split-Time wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:09 am I grabbed the Q reissue from the deals thead this morning. Then I asked my wife is she wanted to wear it. She that is it is OK, but doesn't really do anything for her. I followed up by asking if she wanted to wear the Glycine Combat 6 (which she has never worn) and she perked up and said, "Yeah...I'll wear that."

She thinks taking these pictures is silly but also wants to point out that "hers looks better." :lol:

I love this! Maybe I'll get my wife to take a pic with me. She already makes fun of me when I'm doing it.

Not compliant, but obligatory pic.

Well, you already have the coolest wife as far as supporting a watch habit 8-) . I think it may be fun for you two. When you stop and think about it, us taking pictures of our wrists is sort of silly. We all have a lot going on so I chalk it up to one of my distractions from the world spinning by around us.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dual compliance with my new SARB017. Two crowns and HUISABH.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Stretch44 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:39 pm Dual compliance with my new SARB017. Two crowns and HUISABH.

Looks great! I will be shocked if I make it though the year without picking one of these up. When someone like you gets one and praises it, well, that only further convinces me.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I knew what Thursday would mean for me, but as we were both heading out the door I asked my wife if she wanted to wear a watch. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "sure." She called a little while again and said, "I think I like this watch! It isn't an automatic, is it? How much was this?" :shock: :o :? Then she adds, "I like the way it looks but I don't think I need all of the stuff on it." Hmmm, I guess not many of us really need all of the stuff on it. :lol:

She eagerly sends a wrist shot and like a true WIS I ask what's up with the chrono hand. It just happened that she had been running it for about 58 seconds when she took the picture. We may have another one, boys and girls!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:Dual compliance with my new SARB017. Two crowns and HUISABH.

Congrats on the new acquisition! I really don't know how it is, being the Seikoholic I am, that I don't have one of these. Might have to try yours on on of these days to sway me.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:54 pm
Stretch44 wrote:Dual compliance with my new SARB017. Two crowns and HUISABH.

Congrats on the new acquisition! I really don't know how it is, being the Seikoholic I am, that I don't have one of these. Might have to try yours on on of these days to sway me.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I really like it besides the strap, but that's an easy fix. Yeah, we still need to get together. I want to try on your GS... although that could be a bad idea for my wallet.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

I swore I posted in here this morning! Oh well here is what I wore most of the day.
COMPLIANT!

P.s. I realised after I took this pic, honestly several hours later, that today is in fact the 16 and not the 15....

Insta me: bbrou33
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Split-Time wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:01 pm
Bbrou33 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:06 pm
Really like these Airman! Especially that cream dial... I may have to put this on my list. My local Costco has one, maybe I'll check it out.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Stretch44 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:28 pm
Really like these Airman! Especially that cream dial... I may have to put this on my list. My local Costco has one, maybe I'll check it out.
Mine is only 36mm (but is has long lugs :lol: ). Looks like [mention]Bbrou33[/mention] 's is a larger model and I wonder if it is the purist model with one hour hand revolution per day. Off topic...if we didn't know that he works in a hospital I would have thought that had our first MoT forum watch pic from the shower :? .

As for the cream dial, it was all that was available in the model that I wanted. They made a black dial that was a LE and twice the price. I do like the look and color of the dial, but between the color of the dial, hands and the two 24hr scales, it isn't the easiest to read at a glance. And I have great vision...like hawk, almost. Other than that I am VERY happy with mine but have only had it for a couple of weeks.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Split-Time wrote:
Stretch44 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:28 pm
Mine is only 36mm (but is has long lugs [emoji38] ). Looks like [mention]Bbrou33[/mention] 's is a larger model and I wonder if it is the purist model with one hour hand revolution per day. Off topic...if we didn't know that he works in a hospital I would have thought that had our first MoT forum watch pic from the shower :? .

As for the cream dial, it was all that was available in the model that I wanted. They made a black dial that was a LE and twice the price. I do like the look and color of the dial, but between the color of the dial, hands and the two 24hr scales, it isn't the easiest to read at a glance. And I have great vision...like hawk, almost. Other than that I am VERY happy with mine but have only had it for a couple of weeks.
It is the purist and it comes in at 39mm (I just have a tiny wrist). Hour hand makes one revolution every 24 hours. Every time I put it on it takes me a little too adjust to reading the 24hr setting but I really like it. I do Amit that I like your model a bit more though. That domed crystal is sexy.

Off topic: the old school OR blue tiles are very bathroom like. With all the dive watches I have I guess I could post the first official shower pic. New compliance exception?!!

Today in the field:

ImageImage

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Not compliant today. Since we're going with work pics... I'm waiting to go into a hearing and sporting my 9ers pride. I got a couple weird looks as I'm the guy with my pants rolled up to take a pic of my socks and watch... Haha. I did get a couple of cool socks comments.

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Stretch44 wrote:Not compliant today. Since we're going with work pics... I'm waiting to go into a hearing and sporting my 9ers pride. I got a couple weird looks as I'm the guy with my pants rolled up to take a pic of my socks and watch... Haha. I did get a couple of cool socks comments.

Nice watch and socks!
Since the Saints were eliminated I've been rooting for the 49ers. Jimmy G is a beautiful man and I'm not scared to admit it

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I didn’t mean to be up here at straight up noon, but here we are. Watch and strap both from the deals thread.

Happy Friday everyone!