We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by WhaleTail »

yinzburgher wrote:When I started cutting my own hair about 7 years ago, little did I know I was preparing for the strange times ahead. I just thought that's what you do after you get three awful haircuts in a row and you're a complete cheapskate.
I used to cut my own hair when I was single (two opposing mirrors and a scissor) but marriage has it’s own benefits; my wife does my haircut after she finishes the dog’s trim, and yes with the same clippers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

My Mother, when she needed a haircut, would say, "I look like Maggie."

Well, I look like Maggie's dog.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

I've gradually subscribed to numerous threads here. I now have four pages of threads I subscribe to...
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

I keep a toothbrush in my shower caddy that is exclusively for cleaning whichever watch I have on at the time.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

We continue to pull letters from a jar for the letter of the day with my daughter. W came around a second time and I didn’t thing of watch... again.

The third time it came around and the first word I thought of was indeed watch. I wasn’t going to forget it a third time.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

recapt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:28 pm I keep a toothbrush in my shower caddy that is exclusively for cleaning whichever watch I have on at the time.
If your shower is shared, I sincerely hope the other person doesn't use your special toothbrush for other purposes. :)
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I drive a PHEV (Partial Hybrid Electric Vehicle). I just ordered UHP (Ulta-High Performance) tires for it. Granted, they are all-season UHPs, bit still, UHP on a "tree hugger" car. :lol:

Why? Because I despise the lack of road feel and sloppy handling of the low rolling resistance tires on it now. Not to mention the noise; they hum loudly on the freeway and squeal like a stuck pig if you take a clover leaf at a any speed faster than a big rig can.

Plus what I bought was $200 cheaper than what is on there now!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:I drive a PHEV (Partial Hybrid Electric Vehicle). I just ordered UHP (Ulta-High Performance) tires for it. Granted, they are all-season UHPs, bit still, UHP on a "tree hugger" car. [emoji38]

Why? Because I despise the lack of road feel and sloppy handling of the low rolling resistance tires on it now. Not to mention the noise; they hum loudly on the freeway and squeal like a stuck pig if you take a clover leaf at a any speed faster than a big rig can.

Don't feel too bad MoT, I consistently run ultra high performance summer tires on my cars. Ya know because 2% of the time I find myself on a kickass back roads run. At 25K miles a year, I need tires at least once a year. But I tell ya, when you really push a car, and the grip just don't quit, and you are gaining on that Porsche in front of you every single corner, it puts a smile on my face worthy of the expense.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:40 pm
ManOnTime wrote:I drive a PHEV (Partial Hybrid Electric Vehicle). I just ordered UHP (Ulta-High Performance) tires for it. Granted, they are all-season UHPs, bit still, UHP on a "tree hugger" car. [emoji38]

Don't feel too bad MoT, I consistently run ultra high performance summer tires on my cars. Ya know because 2% of the time I find myself on a kickass back roads run. At 25K miles a year, I need tires at least once a year. But I tell ya, when you really push a car, and the grip just don't quit, and you are gaining on that Porsche in front of you every single corner, it puts a smile on my face worthy of the expense.

Oh, I don't feel bad at all. Every car I've ever owned has been driving at 11/10ths a good part of the time. :D

Not much about driving in traffic gives me a bigger grin than sticking to a guy's bumper when he thinks he's hot stuff only to see the look on his face in his mirror get more and more frustrated. :D
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:40 pm

Oh, I don't feel bad at all. Every car I've ever owned has been driving at 11/10ths a good part of the time. :D

Not much about driving in traffic gives me a bigger grin than sticking to a guy's bumper when he thinks he's hot stuff only to see the look on his face in his mirror get more and more frustrated. :D
I'll never forget a time in my youth when I spotted a friend of a friend who had an FD RX-7. He pulled onto the b road that was my go to night run, and I happened to be right behind him in my MKII VW. He thought he was hot **** too and took off. I kept up as best I could (that thing was a BEAST in the straights), but as soon as the road got twisty, I was right back on him.

A lot of this had to do with my knowledge of the road and knowing exactly how far I could push each corner, but when he pulled over at a spot at the end of the run, he laughed about it. His words exactly were "every time I thought I got you, I would look in my mirror and yell "that effing Volkswagen!!!!!!"

Fun times. Knowing a road can make you so much faster than a fast car that doesnt know the next corner.

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Preparing to list some of my watches for sale here as requested in Discord....when I told my wife, she said, ‘But they are your collection! Why would you sell them?”
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

watchpalooza wrote:Preparing to list some of my watches for sale here as requested in Discord....when I told my wife, she said, ‘But they are your collection! Why would you sell them?”
That is amazing.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I hear you confess that I am growing tired of seeing pictures of Seiko divers and Speedmasters. I don’t see myself owning either. I think that I am in the minority here.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:05 am
watchpalooza wrote:Preparing to list some of my watches for sale here as requested in Discord....when I told my wife, she said, ‘But they are your collection! Why would you sell them?”
That is amazing.
She saw this on the guest bed:
BE3C4C3F-C075-4DF9-B559-6E98196D1544.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Sporkboy wrote:I hear you confess that I am growing tired of seeing pictures of Seiko divers and Speedmasters. I don’t see myself owning either. I think that I am in the minority here.
I'm definitely with you on speedmasters. Even if someone gave me one I think I'd just sell it. SO played out at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk