We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sporkboy wrote:I hear you confess that I am growing tired of seeing pictures of Seiko divers and Speedmasters. I don’t see myself owning either. I think that I am in the minority here.
cortman wrote:
Sporkboy wrote:I hear you confess that I am growing tired of seeing pictures of Seiko divers and Speedmasters. I don’t see myself owning either. I think that I am in the minority here.
I'm definitely with you on speedmasters. Even if someone gave me one I think I'd just sell it. SO played out at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Sorry not sorry [emoji28]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Not so much a confession, just something that bugs me. When watching watch review videos, I often see the host mention that the watch has hacking. They proceed to hack the watch when the seconds hand is at like 25 and them set the time. These videos are edited, can you really not wait until it hits 60 and edit it out? Or do people actually set the time with the seconds hand so far off? Heathens.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Dub Rubb wrote:Not so much a confession, just something that bugs me. When watching watch review videos, I often see the host mention that the watch has hacking. They proceed to hack the watch when the seconds hand is at like 25 and them set the time. These videos are edited, can you really not wait until it hits 60 and edit it out? Or do people actually set the time with the seconds hand so far off? Heathens.

Lol I set my watch wherever the seconds hand happens to be. I never bother setting the time to even within 30 seconds of accuracy since I'll be wearing a different one the next day :D

Unless it's quartz or digital, then I whip out the atomic clock.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:22 pm Not so much a confession, just something that bugs me. When watching watch review videos, I often see the host mention that the watch has hacking. They proceed to hack the watch when the seconds hand is at like 25 and them set the time. These videos are edited, can you really not wait until it hits 60 and edit it out? Or do people actually set the time with the seconds hand so far off? Heathens.

This would drive me crazy...I am one who tries to set to the precise second even on non-hacking watches. If it’s off by a second, I reset it. I enjoy seeing how many seconds off a watch is by end of day.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:Not so much a confession, just something that bugs me. When watching watch review videos, I often see the host mention that the watch has hacking. They proceed to hack the watch when the seconds hand is at like 25 and them set the time. These videos are edited, can you really not wait until it hits 60 and edit it out? Or do people actually set the time with the seconds hand so far off? Heathens.

Lol I set my watch wherever the seconds hand happens to be. I never bother setting the time to even within 30 seconds of accuracy since I'll be wearing a different one the next day :D

Heathen!!!!!!!

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:16 pm
cortman wrote:
I'm definitely with you on speedmasters. Even if someone gave me one I think I'd just sell it. SO played out at this point.

LOL...doesn’t look like any of the Seikos have aligned seconds hands...only the speedy!
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:02 pm
I have no idea what the discussion here is. I just have to say that Cary Grant is one of the classiest guys ever.

I mean, look at that hat!

Cary on.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

tommy_boy wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:17 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:02 pm
I have no idea what the discussion here is. I just have to say that Cary Grant is one of the classiest guys ever.

I mean, look at that hat!

Cary on.
Even when he has hired someone to plant fake money on your fiancé?

Edit: I confess that I totally messed up that reference.
Even when he hired a guy to steal the check he just wrote to your fiancé? Damn straight.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

cortman wrote:

You tell 'em, Dub!

:o

I'll confess that my wife is getting something for my Speedmaster for Father's Day. She said that she wanted to give me something that I wanted, would use and would mean something. Oh, and wasn't too expensive.

My real confession is that I hate it when I grab the bezel on a dive watch to time something only to find that it is straight up top or bottom of the hour :x . I feel like the watch gods are laughing and pointing at me.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:
cortman wrote:I'm definitely with you on speedmasters. Even if someone gave me one I think I'd just sell it. SO played out at this point.

You tell 'em, Dub!

I'll confess that my wife is getting something for my Speedmaster for Father's Day. She said that she wanted to give me something that I wanted, would use and would mean something. Oh, and wasn't too expensive.

My real confession is that I hate it when I grab the bezel on a dive watch to time something only to find that it is straight up top or bottom of the hour :x . I feel like the watch gods are laughing and pointing at me.
I bet it's a watch winder! [emoji23]

Just kidding bud. But that's something my wife would for sure do, buy a winder for a hand cranker.

Looking forward to what it is! P.S. your wife sounds awesome.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Split-Time wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:22 pm
cortman wrote:I'm definitely with you on speedmasters. Even if someone gave me one I think I'd just sell it. SO played out at this point.

You tell 'em, Dub!

[mention]Dub Rubb[/mention] beat me to it. I was gonna spam the thread with Speedy pics. Hahahaha
Guyinwatch
MoT Member

Post by Guyinwatch »

watchpalooza wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:08 am

She saw this on the guest bed:

BE3C4C3F-C075-4DF9-B559-6E98196D1544.jpeg
This is my guest bed right now. Just taking the picture as is, because it is a mess. I started 'organizing' and got busy for about two weeks.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Earlier today I was admiring the beauty of my watch for so long that I was a bit late for an online call. So apparently I look at watches but not the time.
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

I feel compelled to buy the deals I post (out of pride or guilt? Who knows). Needless to say I avoid posting many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka: Watchout on WUS.