What does Jr. wear? /o\^0.0^/o\ Ideas / Experience / Feedback

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

What does Jr. wear? /o\^0.0^/o\ Ideas / Experience / Feedback

Post by Wolfsatz »

Over the last few years, I've seen a few threads regarding watches for kids. I think we all have fallen victims to the trap of buying watches marketed for 'kids'; but in reality, the great majority of these watches are very poorly constructed.

So, I share my experience that I've mostly have shared with the youngest one of the two; since the older really does not wear watches.

The very first watch that I bought for Jr. was a Baby G. This is one of the smallest Gs at 42mm. This one being marketed as Baby G, it fell victim to peer pressure and the older youngling only wore it a handful of times. I think Casio should release these models without the Baby G designation and they would have yet another big market share where there is not a lot of options.

ImageWUS JR by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

After the Baby G failure, I was a bit more careful and then started asking what would they wear. To my surprise, the younger Wolf, has a liking to Analog watches and first wore a vintage Easy Reader which I keep now as a collector item. Since he liked the ER, he now has a Day Date Easy Reader that we call Rail Road watch. This has a 35mm case and very thin with a 18mm strap.

He also has the regular day date with the same dimensions.

Jumping back to digitales... his favorite digital watch is a Timex Ironman Rugged 30; which fits a bit too big, but because it is blue he wears it without an issue.

ImageTX Rugged 30 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

For those sub 6 inch wrists, I recommend two variants of the above which are marketed for womens, but there are some color schemes that are not girlie at all. The smallest being at 37mm and then at 40-41mm case.

Ironman Mid 30

ImageHydroMod by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

His most recent watch is the Timex Snoopy which he also likes a lot. This one is 34mm.
ImageSnoopy by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

For the record, his wrist size right now is just over 6 inches. I think he. just went over 6 inches this year.

Timex Women's Ironman 30-Lap Digital Quartz Mid-Size Watch, Plum - TW5K89700
Timex Women’s Ironman Classic 30 Mid-Size Watch
Timex Ironman 30 lap mid
Casio Women's BGD140-1ACR Baby-G Shock-
Casio Women's BG169R-8 "Baby-G"
Timex Weekender 34mm Joe Cool Watch
Timex Easy Reader 35mm RR
Timex Easy Reader 35mm Day Date
Timex Expedition Field Mini 26mm

My wife gifted each of them a set of this evine special. Baby Luppa Snoopy Edition. When it arrived, this one got worn a lot and jr. like to be able to easily swap the bands as they come in a set with 3 or 4 straps and they are all quick release. The actual watch is built like a tank! A few years later and the watch is like new with just a few scratches in the case. Have to give it to Invicta, this one is a very well made watch.

ImageBaby Luppa by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Re: What does Jr. wear? /o\^0.0^/o\ Ideas / Experience / Feedback

Post by Wolfsatz »

For the girls... These are my wife's watches, but these are the smallest ones of the bunch (40mm or less).
Starting with another Baby G Neon Dial Series BGA-131-7B3JF

My wife has had this watch for about 5 years and she likes it a lot. The resin has not degraded so far and still on the original battery. The case on this one is about 39mm. These seem to come and go as far as availability.

ImageKids by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Timex Easy Reader Pop & Pop 30mm

These are extremely well made and the leather straps on these are very nice. It actually made me buy one for myself than then gifted to a family member. These come in 38mm and 30mm. They have a wide array of colors.

Timex Ironman Essential

All silicone case and band. Super light. These come in 38mm and 42mm for mens. Also there are at least 5 color schemes. The purple one currently is only $25 bucks, so it is a true bargain.

Another one for the Girls! While the description says it is almost 46mm, it wears smaller and because the lug to lug is not very tall, it accommodates small wrists very comfortable. Jrjr liked how it feels very much. Super comfy and there are multiple colors available.

The timepiece features rose gold-toned accents, analog and digital dial displays, shock resistance, magnetic resistance, auto LED light with afterglow, world time, 5 daily alarms with 1 snooze, stopwatch, countdown timer and is water resistant to 200 meters plus step tracker.
This is not a blue tooth enable ticker.

Casio GMAS130PA-4A G-Shock Step Tracker Women's Watch Soft Pink 45.9 mm

6.5 inch wrist

ImageG Step tracker by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Just over 6 inch wrist
ImageG Step tracker by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageG steps by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

I had totally forgotten about this watch, because it is no my kids! :D I missed it the first time Timex released it and got sold out. So, next time it was available it came home. One of the very few watches where I've paid full MSRP. But I think the cool factor totally deserves a place on my collection.

The pacman edition is priced a bit higher, but there are two other versions that are lower. The expansion band being the cheapest; but the bracelet is a work of art and not cheaply made; go for that one. Only six dollars more that are very well spent.

This is such a retro watch, nothing fancy about it, but has that green screen from the 80s. Very bright indiglo and the pacman version plays the pacman tune. Highly recommend this one!

PS. Also, via gray market - there is the Timex Classic; I fail to be able to tell what the difference is between the Classic and the T80 - so, we can call this the super affordable T80.

Case measures 34mm across by 40mm tall (lug to lug)

ImageT80 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageT80 PAC by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
Last edited by Wolfsatz on Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

I bought this at Wally's heavily discounted for a mere $3 dollars. Today I grabbed it and gave it to Wolf JR and told him to put it on. With a very annoyed ☹😣 he did. I asked why he didn't like it... Well, he is just not into watches. Then passed it to Wolf Jrjr; and he has been wearing it all day long with a 😄😃😁 face. He said he liked it. Can't quite grab why these are so attractive.

This case measures 38mm across and 40mm tall.

There is a whole series of watches based around the same movement, price and size.

Casio Men's Quartz Resin Strap, Black, 23.6 Casual Watch (Model: W-217HM-7BVCF)

ImageWRUW by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageCasio by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

ImageTX va Casio by Wolfsatz, on Flickr