Yema/Oris Dilemma

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
chubbledouble
MoT Member

Yema/Oris Dilemma

Post by chubbledouble »

So I am looking to see if you guys have any advice here.

After finally getting a C65 Automatic, I have to find a new watch to save up for. I really Like the Yema Superman Heritage 63 but haven't heard the best about Yema's QC and Customer Service.

There is also the Oris Sixty-Five with a similar dial, and while I have much more faith in the brand, I'm not as into the watch.

So what do you guys think? Also, is there another watch in a similar style that I'm missing?
AKAs: Chubley on WUS, DukeofChubley on r/watchexchange
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: Yema/Oris Dilemma

Post by Boourns »

The LeJour Vintage diver is the same style and less than both the Oris and the Yema. Don't have experience with any of them in terms of build quality.

https://www.bernhardtwatch.com/collecti ... -diver-001

I wish that watch were 38mm?
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

For me Oris Sixty-five hands down. I absolutely love that watch and will get one at some point.

Also love this quote from your post
chubbledouble wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:28 pm After finally getting a C65 Automatic, I have to find a new watch to save up for.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

I own the Oris 65 and its lasted while many others have came and gone. The yema looks good however I couldn't see it replacing my Oris at all. Add to that all the QC and customer service issues and it stops me from even wanting to try one out.

The LeJour looks good (and really tempted me when first released) in renders however the real life shots turned me completely off of them.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I've got nothing to add other than I want a Yema in the worst way, issues be damned.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:05 pm I've got nothing to add other than I want a Yema in the worst way, issues be damned.
Off Topic
Have you seen the flygraf pilot?
Screenshot_20200901-222556.png
:shock:
I wish that watch were 38mm?
chubbledouble
MoT Member

Post by chubbledouble »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:05 pm I've got nothing to add other than I want a Yema in the worst way, issues be damned.
I know. But then I look at the picture of the Superman 63 I posted and that bezel alignment...
chubbledouble
MoT Member

Post by chubbledouble »

mplsabdullah wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:42 pm I own the Oris 65 and its lasted while many others have came and gone. The yema looks good however I couldn't see it replacing my Oris at all. Add to that all the QC and customer service issues and it stops me from even wanting to try one out.

The LeJour looks good (and really tempted me when first released) in renders however the real life shots turned me completely off of them.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Yea, there's something about the Lejour I can't quite pinpoint. Almost like the dial and bezel insert belong to two different watches
WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

5CFA6319-19E7-4D45-96D7-CC3109C63477.jpeg
I love my Yema; no problems here, especially in the half price sale! (Thanks MOT members!)
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

I have the blue/black dial heritage Divers 65 and a Yema Superman GMT with the same case and bracelet as the one you posted (assuming that is the 39mm model). The short answer is that I’d go with the Oris.

I’ve had many watches come and go from my collection but the Divers 65 remains my favorite. That dial is awesome, especially my blue/black variant when the light catches the blue. And it just wears perfectly on the wrist, plus the bracelet is crazy good with rivets and a wild taper from 20 down to 14.

Right now my Yema is in Singapore because I had to send it back to Gnomon for service. The GMT hand did not advance properly, the bezel was misaligned, and they were going to look into an issue where the bracelet doesn’t fully articulate at the lugs. It turns out that last issue was “by design” but I think has been fixed with the latest models. Speaking of the bracelet, keep in mind that it’s 19mm (again, if you’re talking about the 39mm version).

Now some pics:

Another alternative to consider is the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53, which I consider to be similar stylistically. I have no first hand experience with that one, though.
gormless
MoT Member

Post by gormless »

I have a C65 GMT and I've been lusting over the Yema too. I know most here have been recommending the Oris over it but I think much prefer the way the Yema looks!

Anyone have any experience with the LeJour?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

If Yema gets their act together with QC and quality, they're poised to really dominate with their unique French made, in-house movement watches at decent microbrand prices.
I would love one for its uniqueness, but I'm going to sit that out until they get over some growing pains, I think.