Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2021

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2021

Post by TheJohnP »

Just a reminder that WatchMann is still offering an automatic 15% off their Archimede inventory while supplies last.

https://www.watchmann.com/archimedewatches.php

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

flypanam wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:11 pm NAD

Are these Kamasu's really that good that everyone's grabbing one? I've gone through a few Orient divers and while I thought they were good, I never really fell in love with them and eventually sold each one.
NAD
the risk factor at $179 is very little. The last few red Kamasu sold on watch recon have been around 200 +/-.
Thats a break even price on this deal even after Paypal and shipping. And if I'm wrong by a few bucks it won't be much.

red dials are really popular right now. I have wanted to try one because I'm not sure how popular it will be on my wrist but didnt want to spend a lot to figure that out. This was worth taking the chance. Plus as someone mentioned the youtube videos of the red Kamasu are gorgeous.

I had a Triton diver 2 years ago and yes it was well worth the $. I had a bambino 5 years ago that I couldn't get rid of fast enough. We'll see how the kamasu goes!
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

valuewatchguy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:25 pm

Are these Kamasu's really that good that everyone's grabbing one? I've gone through a few Orient divers and while I thought they were good, I never really fell in love with them and eventually sold each one.
NAD
the risk factor at $179 is very little. The last few red Kamasu sold on watch recon have been around 200 +/-.
Thats a break even price on this deal even after Paypal and shipping. And if I'm wrong by a few bucks it won't be much.

red dials are really popular right now. I have wanted to try one because I'm not sure how popular it will be on my wrist but didnt want to spend a lot to figure that out. This was worth taking the chance. Plus as someone mentioned the youtube videos of the red Kamasu are gorgeous.

I had a Triton diver 2 years ago and yes it was well worth the $. I had a bambino 5 years ago that I couldn't get rid of fast enough. We'll see how the kamasu goes!
Attachments
hot.jpg
Osteoman
MoT Member

Post by Osteoman »

nordwulf wrote:
Osteoman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:22 pm
Boourns wrote:
Damn. Had been checking all morning then got busy.
NAD

It does raise the question how you find out about these quick enough to take advantage? I love my CWs and want more but i can't sit and hit refresh on my phone every ten mins. Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I use a computer and occasionally refresh when I know new items may be added during a sale. They often do this Friday afternoon in Maidenhead before the work day ends. I also have a tool set up that can monitor web page changes but getting a lot of false alarms with that on the CW sale page.
NAD

Good points. Thank you. Even following this thread isn't quick enough. Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

phatmatt626
MoT Member

Post by phatmatt626 »

Take what I say with a grain of salt, but you know how sometimes a watch is just a "winner" and you can't explain why? The red dial Kamasu was like that for me. The dial was...special, it was like the perfect red. I sold the watch thinning out my collection and still keep thinking of buying another despite not "needing" another red dial watch.
jfield
MoT Member

Post by jfield »

Also this Orient Star power reserve for the folks who missed out on the original WZ0011DV and don't want to fork over the $$$ for a SARB033.
I have the white dial version and it's fabulous.
$336 after 10% coupon code, also the same price for the blue dial version.
https://www.creationwatches.com/product ... 15372.html

flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Thanks to everyone who commented about the Kamasu! Going back through my mental watch history, I have owned the Ray 2, the mako USA, the monarch, and the panda chrono from orient and the panda was the only watch I kept. The others I liked but as mentioned never ended up falling in love with. Might be worth a pickup just to see how the Orient divers have evolved from the ray I had through to the mako USA and now the more recent kamasu. Seems like the cost risk isn't too high. I'll sleep on it and probably end up pulling the trigger in the morning haha. Also I dont have many nice red themes watches, and only one other with a red dial so it would be cool to see the dial in person. Thanks again!
Scruffy believes in this forum
swissmade65
MoT Member

Post by swissmade65 »

flypanam wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:57 pm Thanks to everyone who commented about the Kamasu! Going back through my mental watch history, I have owned the Ray 2, the mako USA, the monarch, and the panda chrono from orient and the panda was the only watch I kept. The others I liked but as mentioned never ended up falling in love with. Might be worth a pickup just to see how the Orient divers have evolved from the ray I had through to the mako USA and now the more recent kamasu. Seems like the cost risk isn't too high. I'll sleep on it and probably end up pulling the trigger in the morning haha. Also I dont have many nice red themes watches, and only one other with a red dial so it would be cool to see the dial in person. Thanks again!
I want to echo this. Thanks to everyone who commented on the red Kamasu. I was looking for a deal on this watch over Black Friday, but never saw one nearly as good as this one. Does anyone have any thoughts about how it would wear on a 16 cm wrist? I've been on a quest to get a dive watch, but I'm drawn toward vintage sizes and styles. I really love the look of the red Kamasu, and the proportions seem a lot better than some of its competition.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Since I gravitate to the more unusual, the Rado immediately caught my eye. The Nordstrom Rack listing says quartz, but "Automatic" is clearly on the dial.

Not seeing these at many other places, so this constitutes a deal.

Rado Tradition 1965 Limited Edition, model # R33019215
Sale price is $1,069.97
List price is $1.950

https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/rado-me ... NO%20COLOR

Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Can't recall if the latest Ashford 10% off code has been shared.

SC10PJANP

Click Icon To Contact Me

tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

38mm Khaki Field quartz $220 List $445
f49e6616-abb8-4ae2-b51d-5e7a5b2d9aac.jpeg
f49e6616-abb8-4ae2-b51d-5e7a5b2d9aac.jpeg (25.44 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/hamilto ... NO%20COLOR
swissmade65
MoT Member

Post by swissmade65 »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:20 pm Since I gravitate to the more unusual, the Rado immediately caught my eye. The Nordstrom Rack listing says quartz, but "Automatic" is clearly on the dial.

Sale price is $1,069.97
List price is $1.950

Thanks for sharing this... this Rado is simply stunning!
Roc
MoT Member

Post by Roc »

swissmade65 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:12 pm
flypanam wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:57 pm Thanks to everyone who commented about the Kamasu! Going back through my mental watch history, I have owned the Ray 2, the mako USA, the monarch, and the panda chrono from orient and the panda was the only watch I kept. The others I liked but as mentioned never ended up falling in love with. Might be worth a pickup just to see how the Orient divers have evolved from the ray I had through to the mako USA and now the more recent kamasu. Seems like the cost risk isn't too high. I'll sleep on it and probably end up pulling the trigger in the morning haha. Also I dont have many nice red themes watches, and only one other with a red dial so it would be cool to see the dial in person. Thanks again!
I want to echo this. Thanks to everyone who commented on the red Kamasu. I was looking for a deal on this watch over Black Friday, but never saw one nearly as good as this one. Does anyone have any thoughts about how it would wear on a 16 cm wrist? I've been on a quest to get a dive watch, but I'm drawn toward vintage sizes and styles. I really love the look of the red Kamasu, and the proportions seem a lot better than some of its competition.
Well the discussion on the red kamasu got me looking at videos and photos.... and yep I'm in for one too lol
bogray57
MoT Member

Post by bogray57 »

From Amazon: Tissot PRC 200 Quartz Chrono...42mm, steel, description says "synthetic sapphire" crystal, 660 ft resistance...description doesn't mention this is an NBA "special"--NBA logo on the caseback, 19mm lug width FYI.

https://www.amazon.com/Tissot-T05541711 ... 030&sr=8-8
PRC 200.JPG
PRC 200.JPG (74.23 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:20 pm Since I gravitate to the more unusual, the Rado immediately caught my eye. The Nordstrom Rack listing says quartz, but "Automatic" is clearly on the dial.

Sale price is $1,069.97
List price is $1.950

Moving anchor also indicates that the watch is Automatic.
There's an article on Hodinkee:
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/rado- ... ntroducing

Specs are here:

https://www.bucherer.com/watches/rado/r ... 589-9.html