We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Dub Rubb wrote:
yinzburgher wrote:Rakuten (formerly Ebates) has 14% cash back at Rakuten Global Market.

Cash Back Terms
Cash Back will be automatically added to your Rakuten account within a few weeks.

Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on the purchase or redemption of gift cards. Cash Back is not available on a purchase shipped to Japan or when freight forwarding services are used. Cash Back is not available on a purchase placed through the Rakuten mobile app.

https://www.rakuten.com/globalrakuten.com
Soooo. 24% by Saturday? Figuring this out is a nightmare. It will get to at least 20% for sure. Maybe. . . I dunno. Eff you Rakuten!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Haha I know the pain, I hate trying to predict them because it only gives like a day for me to scramble through every listing on the site. I really want to try buying a used Seamaster from there and told myself I'd do it this summer. Problem is how can I know if they will keep doing a 26% cashback or even 20% by then.

Hmmmm first world problems
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Glycine Airman on the Bay (Watchgooroo): $189.99

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Glycine-Mens-A ... 7C5079%3A0

[img][/img]
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:45 pm
yinzburgher wrote:Rakuten (formerly Ebates) has 14% cash back at Rakuten Global Market.

Cash Back Terms
Cash Back will be automatically added to your Rakuten account within a few weeks.

Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on the purchase or redemption of gift cards. Cash Back is not available on a purchase shipped to Japan or when freight forwarding services are used. Cash Back is not available on a purchase placed through the Rakuten mobile app.

Soooo. 24% by Saturday? Figuring this out is a nightmare. It will get to at least 20% for sure. Maybe. . . I dunno. Eff you Rakuten!

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will increase this time because it is just part of a one day promotion. I edited my post. But with the coupons this might be a good opportunity to buy a lower priced item if you see anything at a decent price. Are you still in "watch purchasing monk mode?"
Last edited by yinzburgher on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Timex Intelligent Quartz on the Bay $54.99

Seems to be >$100 elsewhere

[img][/img]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timex-Mens-Int ... 7C5079%3A0
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Deleted
Last edited by PetWatch on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:06 am
skylinegtr_34 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:14 pm
PetWatch wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:05 pm Invictastores - Extra 55% off sale price with code: clear55 (tested)
Bronze 25643 (blue dial)
Bronze 25644 (green dial)
$226.17 - 55% = $101.78 (lowest price I recall for these colors)
Since the blue is gone and I already have one, I got a green one for modding. For your info Invicta coated these with clear coat to prevent the patina. I removed mine with goof off. I am not sure all of them like this but If yours do not get any patina after a while remember me...
Didn't know that, thanks. The burgundy/red one is also available at the same price, while this one has been at a lower price before it's still a good price. I think most of these are or were on the Clearance section so this may be the end of the line for these models.

The orange one is available on Ebay from watchgooroo for $85.49, a deal that someone else posted a few days ago.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Invicta-25646- ... :rk:1:pf:0
Last edited by PetWatch on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Mondaine (on Ebay from watchgooroo) listed as men's, but at 35mm, it seems more fit for a woman. Great price, though: $47.49

[img][/img]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mondaine-Mens- ... 7C5079%3A0
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:45 pm

Cash Back Terms

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will increase this time because it is just part of a one day promotion. I edited my post. But with the coupons this might be a good opportunity to buy a lower priced item if you see anything at a decent price. Are you still in "watch purchasing monk mode?"
I am still not buying any watches. But that is not stopping me spending my morning coffee hours and evening leisure time searching deals. However, another 26% RGM may sway me on a bigger purchase. But I am getting married in a few months and am really quite satisfied with my 35+ watches. At least 25 of which were purchased thanks to HUISABH, but man are Cima stars calling to me with that big cash back.

My goal with the whole WPAC was to not spend any money from my checking/credit cards/savings. Only money from watch sales/ebates/befrugal. But after my "big fat checks" came in, and a couple watches sold, I am starting to feel the urge again.

A ground seiko may be in my future. And no, the 8% beers aren't kicking my ass. That's what I search for on RGM.

Blue
MoT Member

Post by Blue »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:12 amI am still not buying any watches. But that is not stopping me spending my morning coffee hours and evening leisure time searching deals. However, another 26% RGM may sway me on a bigger purchase. But I am getting married in a few months and am really quite satisfied with my 35+ watches. At least 25 of which were purchased thanks to HUISABH, but man are Cima stars calling to me with that big cash back.

My goal with the whole WPAC was to not spend any money from my checking/credit cards/savings. Only money from watch sales/ebates/befrugal. But after my "big fat checks" came in, and a couple watches sold, I am starting to feel the urge again.

A ground seiko may be in my future. And no, the 8% beers aren't kicking my ass. That's what I search for on RGM.
HUISABH is indeed a double edged sword. Though, after a flurry of purchases late last year, I've managed to slow things significantly and am making much more meaningful (I think) purchases this year.

As an example, I'm completely un-phased by this RGM deal. I'll probably browse a bit for fun, but have nothing immediate in the queue to purchase. I also know there will be a 20%+ deal eventually... so it's worth waiting.
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.” ― Akira Kurosawa
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I agree entirely. Somehow I have been able to focus on finding deals and not buying them. On the plus side, I never hesitate to post a deal so I can cash in myself (nothing wrong with that, you found the damn deal, its yours!) But I am hoping to pass the deal onto others. If it wasn't for HUISABH, I would probably own like 5 watches. I owe the fact that I haven't paid anywhere near retail for a watch to all you guys, and am enjoying being able to pay it back.

I have been slacking a little bit lately (I am moving in the next week and a half and that has taking most of my time) but for some weird reason I can't explain, I simply enjoy finding deals to post here.

HUISABH for life! #MOT4POTUS

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Dub Rubb wrote:I agree entirely. Somehow I have been able to focus on finding deals and not buying them. On the plus side, I never hesitate to post a deal so I can cash in myself (nothing wrong with that, you found the damn deal, its yours!) But I am hoping to pass the deal onto others. If it wasn't for HUISABH, I would probably own like 5 watches. I owe the fact that I haven't paid anywhere near retail for a watch to all you guys, and am enjoying being able to pay it back.

I have been slacking a little bit lately (I am moving in the next week and a half and that has taking most of my time) but for some weird reason I can't explain, I simply enjoy finding deals to post here.

HUISABH for life! #MOT4POTUS

I'm the opposite way lol. I only post deals when I'm looking to purchase, and I almost always end up buying the deals I post too. That's why I haven't been posting many deals this month. It's a vicious cycle really. I need a therapist specializing in watch purchasing avoidance.
;)
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Tokei-ski
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Tokei-ski »

Not A Deal.

For those of you looking at the Rakuten Global/Rakuten Points/Ebates thing. Being based in Japan, I can tell you that the deals you are finding on Rakuten/Rakuten Global are not the best possible, even with the 20% cashback and/or points. The shops that sell new/used watches, usually have a hierarchy: They list the watch cheapest in their physical store. They will then list it on their own website with a markup from in store. They will then list on aggregator sites like Rakuten/Rakuten Global, Yahoo Shopping, Yahoo Auctions with an additional markup. I have yet to find a single deal, even with the 20% cashback, that could not be matched by going direct to the specific shops website or physical shop. Just a single example:

Rakuten Global ¥3,039,600 https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/jac ... tem/gp121/
Jackroad's own website: ¥2,759,260 https://www.jackroad.co.jp/shop/g/ggp121/
In person Jackroad store: Offered at ¥2,450,000

Not sure if this is really that helpful, but for someone considering a larger purchase, such as a Rolex/Grand Seiko/Omega etc. you might save yourself a lot of hassle by contacting the shop directly, and asking what kind of deal they can cut you. You may get silence, you may get a worse deal, you may get better, but given the angst that has been written by those trying to claim their cashback, this might be a way to get the same price, with far fewer hassles.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Tokei-ski wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:31 am Not A Deal.

For those of you looking at the Rakuten Global/Rakuten Points/Ebates thing. Being based in Japan, I can tell you that the deals you are finding on Rakuten/Rakuten Global are not the best possible, even with the 20% cashback and/or points. The shops that sell new/used watches, usually have a hierarchy: They list the watch cheapest in their physical store. They will then list it on their own website with a markup from in store. They will then list on aggregator sites like Rakuten/Rakuten Global, Yahoo Shopping, Yahoo Auctions with an additional markup. I have yet to find a single deal, even with the 20% cashback, that could not be matched by going direct to the specific shops website or physical shop. Just a single example:

Rakuten Global ¥3,039,600 https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/jac ... tem/gp121/

Not sure if this is really that helpful, but for someone considering a larger purchase, such as a Rolex/Grand Seiko/Omega etc. you might save yourself a lot of hassle by contacting the shop directly, and asking what kind of deal they can cut you. You may get silence, you may get a worse deal, you may get better, but given the angst that has been written by those trying to claim their cashback, this might be a way to get the same price, with far fewer hassles.
Do you know if this store has it's own website? Or if any other company has Seiko Prospex automatic divers listed for less on it's non-Rakuten website? Thanks.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sei ... rvp_widget
Tokei-ski
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Tokei-ski »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:10 am
Tokei-ski wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:31 am Not A Deal.

Do you know if this store has it's own website? Or if any other company has Seiko Prospex automatic divers listed for less on it's non-Rakuten website? Thanks.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sei ... rvp_widget
Without moving down into the rabbit hole that is Japanese Domestic Products that are sold both in Japan and Overseas, I will offer the following short answer. In general, the prices that you are able to find Seiko products for overseas, is usually significantly less than we can obtain them domestically in Japan. Although the large retailers (Bic Camera/Yodobashi Camera etc.) offer a pretty straightforward 30% discount across the board, the list prices in Japan are MUCH higher to begin with, and often the 30% discount still leaves them more expensive than you can find from overseas retailers.

On something like the Prospex Sumo, every retailer will be selling them at the exact same price. Can you say Pricing Collusion!?!

I have pretty much given up sourcing ANY Seiko domestically (excepting Domestic Only/Limited Editions) as I can find them cheaper overseas, delivery included. The only exception are Seiko Outlet Stores (which have no online presence), where often good deals can be found on leftover and old models. I have routinely been able to pick up Seiko 5 Sports models in the $50~$75 range. Used, I have been able to find some for as little as $10.
KidThunder
MoT Member

Post by KidThunder »

Bummed I missed the discountwatchstore deal BC posted! Been looking for an SRPC23 (J1/K1) under $300 for the last little bit. That was a great deal!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk