Help me find Mrs. Dub Rubb a watch!

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Help me find Mrs. Dub Rubb a watch!

Post by watchpalooza »

TheJohnP wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:55 pm Looking forward to her inaugural WRUW post!
^ former army recruiter?
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Well Mrs. Dub Rubb's watch came in today. I am actually pretty impressed, and she was super excited. Until I told her it is a Christmas present. I cant just be buying you luxury goods in the middle of August!!! She is crafting ways for her to get it immediately as we speak. She loves it. Thanks again [mention]TheJohnP[/mention]!

Here is here inaugural wrist shot, and I am proud to say it is on the MoT forum. She was a little upset that rhe backround was her couch and gave me some **** about how I am always staging wrist shots lol.

A couple things about the watch. It doesn't quite hit all the markers with the seconds hand, but I am never gonna tell her that. The dual layer MOP dial is fantastic and has a nice differentiation between the inner and outer sections. The finishing is surprisingly nice and I really liked what they did with the INSIDE of the butterfly clasp. Very cool attention to detail.
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

That dial really pops in real life.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Many years of enjoyment!
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I was following this and am sorry I was of no help. Really impressed with where you started and where you ended up! Happy for both of you!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

So yesterday, Mrs. Dub Rubb texted me a wrist shot captioned "when you get distracted by your new watch at work". I think I may have created a monster.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:17 pm So yesterday, Mrs. Dub Rubb texted me a wrist shot captioned "when you get distracted by your new watch at work". I think I may have created a monster.

palpatinegood.JPG
palpatinegood.JPG (46.59 KiB) Viewed 1075 times

I can reserve the Mrs.DubRubb username for her if she'd like. :D
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:17 pm So yesterday, Mrs. Dub Rubb texted me a wrist shot captioned "when you get distracted by your new watch at work". I think I may have created a monster.

We might as well start looking for her next watch now.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Dub Rubb wrote:So yesterday, Mrs. Dub Rubb texted me a wrist shot captioned "when you get distracted by your new watch at work". I think I may have created a monster.

Rookie marriage mistake, you'll live a long time to regret this. May as well kiss "your watch purchases" goodbye. Just joking. Really beautiful watch.

We need to see a Mr. and Mrs. dual wrist shot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

PetWatch wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:55 pm
Dub Rubb wrote:So yesterday, Mrs. Dub Rubb texted me a wrist shot captioned "when you get distracted by your new watch at work". I think I may have created a monster.

Rookie marriage mistake, you'll live a long time to regret this. May as well kiss "your watch purchases" goodbye. Just joking. Really beautiful watch.

This could also be a pro-level tactic...indoctrinate her into your craziness now, and have someone who shares your insanity to joke with and grow old together....brilliant pro move. Now you can trade wrist shots with cool (or sexy) stuff in the background...could be a fun game. Nice job, you are clearly wise beyond your years.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

PetWatch wrote:

I present to you the first Mr. And Mrs. Dub Rubb wrist shot. I also got cat face in the background, but he wasn't wearing one of his divers today. One day we will get the full family photo.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

watchpalooza wrote:
PetWatch wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:55 pm

This could also be a pro-level tactic...indoctrinate her into your craziness now, and have someone who shares your insanity to joke with and grow old together....brilliant pro move. Now you can trade wrist shots with cool (or sexy) stuff in the background...could be a fun game. Nice job, you are clearly wise beyond your years.
I like this thought process. But I hope she can be happy with just the one watch. It would be cool for her to garner an interest in watches, but also expensive!!!

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:58 pm
PetWatch wrote:

I present to you the first Mr. And Mrs. Dub Rubb wrist shot. I also got cat face in the background, but he wasn't wearing one of his divers today. One day we will get the full family photo.

Simply adorable! A side by side wrist shot, first of many more to come given her awakening interest in watche-S. May you both live happily ever after.
uaconcorde
MoT Member

Post by uaconcorde »

Gemnation has some 35mm ladies Perrelet with really nicely decorated ETA automatics for about 700-1000 dollars