Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
testing123
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Post by testing123 »

That was a fast sellout at Chris Ward, OMG I hope they don't cancel out US orders! Wow thanks for being vigilant all and noticing those Half price deals, barely got in on a black one, was going for the bronze too at that ridiculous price and such a painfully slow web site! Was all sold out of course
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Got this heads up from an email from CGA Watches aka ([mention]MinutemanUSA[/mention]):

They spoke with the owner of the Lum-Tec, and after Monday Lum-Tec HQ will be closed for at least 2 weeks to comply with a state mandated shut down due to Covid 19. As Lum-Tec is shut down they will not be able to ship orders until they return. For the most part when you order a Lum-Tec from CGA watches, those watches ship direct to you from Lum-Tec.

As there will be a delay in shipping any Lum-Tec you might order from CGA watches. They are offering a nice automatic discount on most all of the Lum-Tec watches currently offered.

Automatic discount appears to be 22% Off.
Discount does apply to items on sale.

https://www.cgawatches.com/collections/ ... -ascending

Two examples:

Lum-Tec C6 Automatic
Sale price is $525
With automatic 22% discount is $409.50
List price is $585

https://www.cgawatches.com/collections/ ... wristwatch

Lum-Tec 300M-2 Automatic
Sale price is $669
With automatic 22% discount is $521.82
List price is $745

https://www.cgawatches.com/collections/ ... mens-watch

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
DaNewNew
MoT Member

Post by DaNewNew »

Yeah I saw that in an article. Pretty stupid decision but then again this is Alpina we are talking about, the people who decided on the same model to put the date at just about the worst spot imaginable.
McLovin
MoT Member

Post by McLovin »

whoagorgeous wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:44 pm
Black C65 Trident
Christopher Ward

$517.50 aud
$300 usd

We're stealing it from them at this price
Grabbed the khaki color 65. Thanks!
testing123
MoT Member

Post by testing123 »

NAD Ok now that the CW charge is over, I wanted to comment on this Kontiki quartz chrono, 27 jewel unit, that I received the other day....it has some cool features I knew nothing about when I ordered it...so it has a jumping hour hand, but not GMT, so kind of neat for travelers like myself to just easily set the new time zone. And it has a tenth of a second sub dial at 3 o'clock, which remains stationary like others do while counting, and then shows the measurement when you hit the chrono start stop to stop, and it also has a sweep minute counter, as well as a sweep seconds counter for the chrono, the sweep minute has a ball of lume on the end so you can tell the difference, then it has of course and hours sub dial and a seconds subdial for time....I just thought that was a really cool setup and wanted to share it, the price of all the Eterna's has jumped up to 'normal' at 599 for this one and across the board much higher, but maybe it will come back down in the near future/....
IMG_20200323_134042.jpg
IMG_20200323_134042.jpg (68.4 KiB) Viewed 1265 times
And yes I see that date wheel now that I've posted it!

edit 2: so the date starts to roll over at 9 o'clock, if you can believe it, and finishes right at 12. 3 hour transition, but it at least appears to be normal....

Also, I got really excited when I first saw the second sweep hand, and thought it was a rattrapante! So honestly it was a letdown right after discovering it, but it's still pretty cool,, imo, Added a pic of the chrono in action it's at 3:25 in the photo, and my seconds chrono hand is leading the mark a bit, so that sucks...
Attachments
IMG_20200323_143756.jpg
Last edited by testing123 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

DaNewNew wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:59 pm Yeah I saw that in an article. Pretty stupid decision but then again this is Alpina we are talking about, the people who decided on the same model to put the date at just about the worst spot imaginable.
-------

What in blazes are you talking about?

How about some reference points?
DaNewNew
MoT Member

Post by DaNewNew »

Meant to quote dumberdrummer about the ebay seastrong diver i reposted, thread was moving fast and hey still learning the ropes of a new site, cut a little slack maybe.

Oh as an FYI for those new to the Ward sales, they tend to trickle new watches to it over the day so if you see some added in a post on here from a few hours ago it is worth it to keep a window open and maybe refresh every half hour or so. Thats how I stumbled upon this latest batch of watches just as they were being added and how I have done so in the past. They rarely add them all at once anymore as frankly their site sucks and could not take the traffic they were getting back when they did post all the deals at once. Heck it is still super laggy the way they do it now.
johnmichael
MoT Member

Post by johnmichael »

Franko wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:19 pm
BillionaireDoors wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:12 pm
mplsabdullah wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:54 am %5 eBay bucks started
Just got this. Note that you can also search for Australian sellers on eBay.

$666 net delivered. Limited to 999 pieces.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEIKO-Prospex- ... 3774505919

666?? No thanks :shock:
Why worry? 666 is just 999 upside down!
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Vaer having a WFH sale. 20% Off with Code "VAERWFH"

link to watches here https://www.vaerwatches.com/collections/all-watches-1
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

Lumtec

SPRING2020 (I think it is 15%, doesn't say but I calculated that on one model)

(will not work on preorders)
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Nick Mankey Designs straps having a sale. For the next two weeks, 20% off of your order using code "STAYHOME20" (excluding all Limited Edition Print Series Straps, ie. Bond & Apollo) . Link here https://nickmankeydesigns.com/shop-2
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Good god. These Chris Ward deals. It's painful to miss them.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Boourns wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:10 pm Good god. These Chris Ward deals. It's painful to miss them.
What about your 4 walls and a roof!? :P

Keep checking - I think they will add more to the site!
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Boourns wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:10 pm Good god. These Chris Ward deals. It's painful to miss them.
Off Topic
So mad that I didn't get the blue bronze diver at 38mm. It was in my cart!!!! UGH!!!!
CommandoCotman

Post by CommandoCotman »

bopat23 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:21 pm Also NAD.

Any insights on reputable pre-owned dealers in Australia that would ship internationally?

I have been trying to get a Sinn U1 S at a good price, and was hoping to take advantage of the exchange rate, but Define Watches cannot sell me a Sinn since we have WatchBuys here in the US. Conversion would have made a solid deal for a new U1!

I'm thinking the pre-owned market might be the next best place to look.
You could try this site: https://www.watchgallery.com.au/

They only stock higher end stuff but their FAQs talk about payment for international orders so it seems possible.