2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: 2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by TheJohnP »

TACS unveils a new design for its Lens Series inspired by the iconic vintage twins lens reflex camera.
Very cool, but way oversized.

Price is $579

https://tacs-image.com/product/atl/

Modern Silver features a silver-toned dial design resembling the original vintage twin-lens camera. Completed with a stainless steel case and skeleton movement, the twin-lens timepiece is paired with a brown raw-edge HORWEEN leather strap for a sleek contemporary take. Subtle yet unique, this classic silver and brown pairing is sleek and highly wearable, making Modern Silver the perfect timepiece to go with your everyday look.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Jimmy from Collins Watch Co is offering an opportunity to be part of the design process for the upcoming model, Dimension.

From the email:

HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF COLLINS WATCH COMPANY.

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your continued support in these trying times. I hope you are well and managing to stay positive in spite of everything this past year has brought upon us. I’m hopeful that we are just months away from being able to see each other in person once again.

In the meantime, I would like to introduce you to our upcoming new watch, Dimension. This concept represents an exciting new direction and a bold look at what is possible in a watch. I am personally very excited about this project, and would like to invite you into the design process. By signing up for this new email list, you will join an insider team of enthusiasts who will help shape the future of Collins Watch Company.

As an insider, you will be the first to learn about this exciting new design. We’ll also present questions for you and renderings, so you can help shape the final look, features, and variants of this watch. Of course, there is no obligation to participate. We only ask that you keep the images and information we share private.

In return for your valuable feedback and early interest, we will make available to you an insiders-only variant, as well as discounted early bird pricing, and prioritized shipping. You will be the first to get this watch. And I think you will love it.

We are grateful in advance for your valuable feedback and support. You will receive your first insider email approximately one week from today. I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely yours,
Jimmy Collins
Click Icon To Contact Me

BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

TheJohnP wrote:Jimmy from Collins Watch Co is offering an opportunity to be part of the design process for the upcoming model, Dimension.

From the email:

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your continued support in these trying times. I hope you are well and managing to stay positive in spite of everything this past year has brought upon us. I’m hopeful that we are just months away from being able to see each other in person once again.

In the meantime, I would like to introduce you to our upcoming new watch, Dimension. This concept represents an exciting new direction and a bold look at what is possible in a watch. I am personally very excited about this project, and would like to invite you into the design process. By signing up for this new email list, you will join an insider team of enthusiasts who will help shape the future of Collins Watch Company.

As an insider, you will be the first to learn about this exciting new design. We’ll also present questions for you and renderings, so you can help shape the final look, features, and variants of this watch. Of course, there is no obligation to participate. We only ask that you keep the images and information we share private.

In return for your valuable feedback and early interest, we will make available to you an insiders-only variant, as well as discounted early bird pricing, and prioritized shipping. You will be the first to get this watch. And I think you will love it.

We are grateful in advance for your valuable feedback and support. You will receive your first insider email approximately one week from today. I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely yours,
Jimmy Collins
My first suggestion, change the name

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Not really a new release, but a new way to try on Victorinox watches via AR (augmented reality).

Introducing Virtual Try-On for Watches

To better assist you in finding your perfect Timepiece. We are pleased to announce Virtual Try-On is now available for our entire Watch Catalog. Leveraging cutting-edge web-based augmented reality technology. You can now try on any one of our many watches entirely online using your unique wrist! Simply navigate to the Watch of your choosing and select "View Size" to activate this feature.

Link to Victorinox's watch collection - https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en/Products/Watches/c/TP
Click Icon To Contact Me

cheesetime
MoT Member

Post by cheesetime »

BATMAN wrote:
TheJohnP wrote:Jimmy from Collins Watch Co is offering an opportunity to be part of the design process for the upcoming model, Dimension.

From the email:

Dear Friends,

Sincerely yours,
Jimmy Collins

Hey @BATMAN what is wrong with the name? Honestly question, just wondering if you just don't like it or is there another reason. Again, totally innocent question.
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

If all-American is important and 36 mm is what you need 😊, this 36 mm release can attract you.
https://www.vaerwatches.com/products/c3 ... 0ifQ%3D%3D
Attachments
Screenshot_20210309-151408.jpg
Screenshot_20210309-151417.jpg
Screenshot_20210309-151434.jpg
Screenshot_20210309-151537.jpg
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

cheesetime wrote:
BATMAN wrote:

From the email:

Dear Friends,

Sincerely yours,
Jimmy Collins

Hey @BATMAN what is wrong with the name? Honestly question, just wondering if you just don't like it or is there another reason. Again, totally innocent question.
Just think it's a silly name that doesn't really mean anything. I mean, there are a lot of bad watch names out there and this one isn't like top 10 worst or anything, just don't like it.

And you can ask me anything or say anything, I won't be offended.

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

I see some forum folks are going crazy over this Synchron release: https://synchronusa.com/pre-order/

Specs on the SS variants (the all caps is their fault, not mine :))

SYNCHRON 70’S MILITARY STAINLESS STEEL
INTRODUCTORY PRICE: $990.00
REGULAR PRICE: $1,290.00

MODEL: SYNCHRON 70s MILITARY HOMAGE LIMITED EDITION OF 250 PIECES PER COLOR (TOTAL 500)
SIZE: 42MM DIAMETER, 45MM LUG-TO-LUG
THICKNESS: 12.5MM, CASE INCLUDING CASE BACK 14.00MM
CASE MATERIAL: 316L SURGICAL STAINLESS STEEL
BEZEL: 37MM UNI-DIRECTIONAL RATCHETING 120-CLICK ROTATING, WITH SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL INSERT AND LUMINOUS TIMING RING
LUMINESCENCE: SUPER LUMINOVA MARKERS AND HANDS
WATER RESISTANCE: 30BAR (APPROX. 300 METERS/666 FEET)
STRAP: GENUINE ANTHRACITE TROPIC RUBBER STRAP OR OPTIONAL GENUINE ISOfrane strap
CALIBER: GENUINE SWISS MADE ETA 2824-2 ELABORE GRADE MOVEMENT
FUNCTIONS: HOURS, MINUTES, SWEEP SECONDS, DATE, ELAPSED TIME BEZEL
POWER RESERVE: 30 to 40 HOURS (FULLY WOUND IN LAB)
WINDING: SELF-WINDING
FREQUENCY: 4 HZ (28,800 VIBRATIONS PER HOUR), JEWELS: 25
Attachments
1.png
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

pdsf wrote:I see some forum folks are going crazy over this Synchron release: https://synchronusa.com/pre-order/

MODEL: SYNCHRON 70s MILITARY HOMAGE LIMITED EDITION OF 250 PIECES PER COLOR (TOTAL 500)
BEZEL: 37MM UNI-DIRECTIONAL RATCHETING 120-CLICK ROTATING, WITH SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL INSERT AND LUMINOUS TIMING RING
STRAP: GENUINE ANTHRACITE TROPIC RUBBER STRAP OR OPTIONAL GENUINE ISOfrane strap
That looks remarkably similar to this 70s Army model Doxa just teased on Instagram.

peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

BATMAN wrote:
cheesetime wrote:
BATMAN wrote:My first suggestion, change the name

Just think it's a silly name that doesn't really mean anything. I mean, there are a lot of bad watch names out there and this one isn't like top 10 worst or anything, just don't like it.

I don't know if @BATMAN took issue with the brand or watch name, but personally I think the watch name itself "Dimension" would be tricky to Google.
Living a comeback montage.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

recapt wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:01 am
pdsf wrote:I see some forum folks are going crazy over this Synchron release: https://synchronusa.com/pre-order/

That looks remarkably similar to this 70s Army model Doxa just teased on Instagram.

Yes! The WUS Dive Watch forum guys are speculating Doxa doesn't want to miss out now that Synchron is releasing them so they are quickly planning a release as well. Not sure if there is any truth in that as I don't follow either brand. Based on the response so far and how many people say they have ordered, I anticipate both variants selling out quite quickly.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

pdsf wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:45 am I see some forum folks are going crazy over this Synchron release: https://synchronusa.com/pre-order/

Why do some watch manufacturers do this?

The watch is 14mm thick. No one will be wearing it without the case back.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

pdsf wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:45 am I see some forum folks are going crazy over this Synchron release: https://synchronusa.com/pre-order/

Click Icon To Contact Me

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:30 am

Why do some watch manufacturers do this?

The watch is 14mm thick. No one will be wearing it without the case back.
Hahaha this was my thought exactly! I was thrown off initially, because I read it as thickness including crystal. This would at least be more in line with what watch companies typically say about thickness, even though I don't understand that method of thinking either. The watch won't exactly work well without a case back or crystal from my perspective, but maybe someone out there can report back on the merits of wearing a watch without one or both of those features :)
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

peskydonut wrote:
BATMAN wrote:
cheesetime wrote:Hey @BATMAN what is wrong with the name? Honestly question, just wondering if you just don't like it or is there another reason. Again, totally innocent question.

I don't know if @BATMAN took issue with the brand or watch name, but personally I think the watch name itself "Dimension" would be tricky to Google.
I was talking about Dimension. Collins is a perfectly fine name for a watch brand and kudos to the owner for not putting their full name as the brand name. But yeah, Dimension is a big meh.