MoT's Watch Deal Forum is free to join. If you want to see the best deals on watches, watch accessories and other items of interest to watch enthusiasts like you, join today! Once you are registered and logged in, you will be able to see and participate in the best deal threads online. Click here to join: Join ManOnTime's Watch Deal Forum!

Anti-magnetic iphone case

Discussions to express your inner nerd.
FTE
Has liked: 1850 times
Been liked: 1613 times

Anti-magnetic iphone case

Post by FTE » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:20 am

Does anyone know if these exist? The magnetic field from my iphone is crazy strong, making it difficult to avoid subjecting my watches to it....also probably not healthy. A compass registers it even 18-20" away. Ideal would be a phone case that contains / blocks the field.
TheJohnP
Has liked: 1885 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Re: Anti-magnetic iphone case

Post by TheJohnP » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:25 am

FTE wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:20 am
Does anyone know if these exist? The magnetic field from my iphone is crazy strong, making it difficult to avoid subjecting my watches to it....also probably not healthy. A compass registers it even 18-20" away. Ideal would be a phone case that contains / blocks the field.
The only thing that seems to come up is protection from RF & ELF radiation and/or RFID blocking
https://www.safesleevecases.com/collect ... for-iphone
I've got more Converse sneakers than watches, but it is a close race.
FTE
Has liked: 1850 times
Been liked: 1613 times

Post by FTE » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:48 pm

BostonCharlie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 377 times

Post by BostonCharlie » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:08 pm

Seems like something that could block the magnetic field would also shield your phone from the RF it needs to communicate. Maybe use a Bluetooth earpiece so you can leave the phone in your backpack and still make/receive calls (no experience with this).

This would also keep the RF farther away from you. There's still the Bluetooth RF, of course, but I understand it is much weaker -- it only has to communicate with your phone, not the faraway cell tower.