Congratulations to Dub Rubb!

He was the MoT's Inner Circle member randonly selected to receive a Seiko SPB051 "62MAS" from our Premium Partner River Edge Jewelers as a thank you gift for signing up for an Inner Circle subscription.

What is MoT's Inner Circle? It is an optional subscription program to give ManOnTime members another way to elevate their watch deal game and support the best place to find and share watch deals.

Together with our Premium Partners we have put together a package of incentives for MoT's Inner Circle subscribers that we know you will find exciting. Sign up now to be a part of the next give away!

Click here to learn more!

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
WhaleTail
MoT Member
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 736 times

Re: True Confessions

Post by WhaleTail » Fri May 22, 2020 5:50 pm

yinzburgher wrote:When I started cutting my own hair about 7 years ago, little did I know I was preparing for the strange times ahead. I just thought that's what you do after you get three awful haircuts in a row and you're a complete cheapskate.
I used to cut my own hair when I was single (two opposing mirrors and a scissor) but marriage has it’s own benefits; my wife does my haircut after she finishes the dog’s trim, and yes with the same clippers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked the author WhaleTail for the post (total 7):
Split-TimeTheJohnPyinzburgherwhoagorgeousDub RubbquincasBostonCharlie
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member
Has liked: 3263 times
Been liked: 4188 times

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat » Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 pm

My Mother, when she needed a haircut, would say, "I look like Maggie."

Well, I look like Maggie's dog.
These users liked the author The Sultan of SoWhat for the post (total 4):
WhaleTailyinzburgherDub RubbBostonCharlie
Stretch44
Inner Circle Member
Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 5723 times

Post by Stretch44 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:51 pm

I've gradually subscribed to numerous threads here. I now have four pages of threads I subscribe to...
These users liked the author Stretch44 for the post (total 7):
TheJohnPyinzburgherHalakuwatchpaloozawhoagorgeousDub RubbManOnTime
recapt
MoT Member
Has liked: 493 times
Been liked: 780 times

Post by recapt » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:28 pm

I keep a toothbrush in my shower caddy that is exclusively for cleaning whichever watch I have on at the time.
These users liked the author recapt for the post (total 6):
TheJohnPStretch44yinzburgherSporkboypdsfGuyinwatch
Sporkboy
Inner Circle Member
Has liked: 2172 times
Been liked: 4508 times

Post by Sporkboy » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:42 am

We continue to pull letters from a jar for the letter of the day with my daughter. W came around a second time and I didn’t thing of watch... again.

The third time it came around and the first word I thought of was indeed watch. I wasn’t going to forget it a third time.
These users liked the author Sporkboy for the post (total 2):
Dub Rubbyinzburgher
pdsf
MoT Member
Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 1267 times

Post by pdsf » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:50 am

recapt wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:28 pm
I keep a toothbrush in my shower caddy that is exclusively for cleaning whichever watch I have on at the time.
If your shower is shared, I sincerely hope the other person doesn't use your special toothbrush for other purposes. :)
These users liked the author pdsf for the post (total 2):
Dub Rubbrecapt
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Has liked: 2938 times
Been liked: 11516 times

Post by ManOnTime » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:22 pm

I drive a PHEV (Partial Hybrid Electric Vehicle). I just ordered UHP (Ulta-High Performance) tires for it. Granted, they are all-season UHPs, bit still, UHP on a "tree hugger" car. :lol:

Why? Because I despise the lack of road feel and sloppy handling of the low rolling resistance tires on it now. Not to mention the noise; they hum loudly on the freeway and squeal like a stuck pig if you take a clover leaf at a any speed faster than a big rig can.

Plus what I bought was $200 cheaper than what is on there now!
These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post (total 2):
yinzburgherHalaku
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
Dub Rubb
Inner Circle Member
Has liked: 16140 times
Been liked: 5279 times

Post by Dub Rubb » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:40 pm

ManOnTime wrote:I drive a PHEV (Partial Hybrid Electric Vehicle). I just ordered UHP (Ulta-High Performance) tires for it. Granted, they are all-season UHPs, bit still, UHP on a "tree hugger" car. Image

Why? Because I despise the lack of road feel and sloppy handling of the low rolling resistance tires on it now. Not to mention the noise; they hum loudly on the freeway and squeal like a stuck pig if you take a clover leaf at a any speed faster than a big rig can.

Don't feel too bad MoT, I consistently run ultra high performance summer tires on my cars. Ya know because 2% of the time I find myself on a kickass back roads run. At 25K miles a year, I need tires at least once a year. But I tell ya, when you really push a car, and the grip just don't quit, and you are gaining on that Porsche in front of you every single corner, it puts a smile on my face worthy of the expense.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

These users liked the author Dub Rubb for the post:
ManOnTime
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Has liked: 2938 times
Been liked: 11516 times

Post by ManOnTime » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:50 pm

Dub Rubb wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:40 pm
ManOnTime wrote:I drive a PHEV (Partial Hybrid Electric Vehicle). I just ordered UHP (Ulta-High Performance) tires for it. Granted, they are all-season UHPs, bit still, UHP on a "tree hugger" car. Image

Don't feel too bad MoT, I consistently run ultra high performance summer tires on my cars. Ya know because 2% of the time I find myself on a kickass back roads run. At 25K miles a year, I need tires at least once a year. But I tell ya, when you really push a car, and the grip just don't quit, and you are gaining on that Porsche in front of you every single corner, it puts a smile on my face worthy of the expense.

Oh, I don't feel bad at all. Every car I've ever owned has been driving at 11/10ths a good part of the time. :D

Not much about driving in traffic gives me a bigger grin than sticking to a guy's bumper when he thinks he's hot stuff only to see the look on his face in his mirror get more and more frustrated. :D
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
Dub Rubb
Inner Circle Member
Has liked: 16140 times
Been liked: 5279 times

Post by Dub Rubb » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:59 pm

ManOnTime wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:40 pm

Oh, I don't feel bad at all. Every car I've ever owned has been driving at 11/10ths a good part of the time. :D

Not much about driving in traffic gives me a bigger grin than sticking to a guy's bumper when he thinks he's hot stuff only to see the look on his face in his mirror get more and more frustrated. :D
I'll never forget a time in my youth when I spotted a friend of a friend who had an FD RX-7. He pulled onto the b road that was my go to night run, and I happened to be right behind him in my MKII VW. He thought he was hot **** too and took off. I kept up as best I could (that thing was a BEAST in the straights), but as soon as the road got twisty, I was right back on him.

A lot of this had to do with my knowledge of the road and knowing exactly how far I could push each corner, but when he pulled over at a spot at the end of the run, he laughed about it. His words exactly were "every time I thought I got you, I would look in my mirror and yell "that effing Volkswagen!!!!!!"

Fun times. Knowing a road can make you so much faster than a fast car that doesnt know the next corner.

These users liked the author Dub Rubb for the post (total 5):
pdsfManOnTimeStretch44BostonCharlieHalaku
watchpalooza
Global Moderator
Has liked: 9435 times
Been liked: 6310 times

Post by watchpalooza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:47 am

Preparing to list some of my watches for sale here as requested in Discord....when I told my wife, she said, ‘But they are your collection! Why would you sell them?”
These users liked the author watchpalooza for the post (total 6):
Stretch44quincasTheJohnPSplit-TimeDub RubbThe Sultan of SoWhat
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Sporkboy
Inner Circle Member

Post by Sporkboy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:05 am

watchpalooza wrote:Preparing to list some of my watches for sale here as requested in Discord....when I told my wife, she said, ‘But they are your collection! Why would you sell them?”
That is amazing.
These users liked the author Sporkboy for the post (total 3):
quincasSplit-TimeDub Rubb
Sporkboy
Inner Circle Member

Post by Sporkboy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:07 am

I hear you confess that I am growing tired of seeing pictures of Seiko divers and Speedmasters. I don’t see myself owning either. I think that I am in the minority here.
These users liked the author Sporkboy for the post (total 4):
watchpaloozaTheJohnPcortmanDub Rubb
watchpalooza
Global Moderator
Has liked: 9435 times
Been liked: 6310 times

Post by watchpalooza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:08 am

Sporkboy wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:05 am
watchpalooza wrote:Preparing to list some of my watches for sale here as requested in Discord....when I told my wife, she said, ‘But they are your collection! Why would you sell them?”
That is amazing.
She saw this on the guest bed:
BE3C4C3F-C075-4DF9-B559-6E98196D1544.jpeg
These users liked the author watchpalooza for the post (total 3):
Dub RubbSporkboyGuyinwatch
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
cortman
Inner Circle Member
Has liked: 649 times
Been liked: 1551 times

Post by cortman » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:47 am

Sporkboy wrote:I hear you confess that I am growing tired of seeing pictures of Seiko divers and Speedmasters. I don’t see myself owning either. I think that I am in the minority here.
I'm definitely with you on speedmasters. Even if someone gave me one I think I'd just sell it. SO played out at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

These users liked the author cortman for the post:
Dub Rubb