MoT's Watch Deal Forum is the resource for watch and watch accessory deals sourced by enthusiasts like you. Click here to join today, and once logged in you'll be able to take part in great discussion and camaraderie about the hobby you love.

As a reminder, even though MoT's is a free site, we do rely on two methods lights on. One is a referral generator that creates (mostly) unobtrusive links. This depends on the site being whitelisted in any ad-blocking software you use. If you could please whitelist this site, we would be ever thankful. (We promise there are no pop-ups, pop-unders or other annoying distractions.)

The other method is donations from members and visitors. These are completely voluntary and there is no obligation. Any donations go directly towards site operations and are greatly appreciated. Click here to donate today.

Thank you!

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sporkboy
Has liked: 896 times
Been liked: 1883 times

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by Sporkboy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:35 pm

OK, last purchase for a while. Just won an eBay auction for $26.18. It includes a Lorus VX33-X066, which alone sells for at least that. The only $26 one I see in the sold history has a broken crystal. Anyway, I love mine and this one is for my brother. A Lorus Lumibrite Ana-digital and some sort of Timex weekender round out the lot.

Edit: I am also waiting for some Raketa 2609-HA movements so that I can get the correct movement in my big zero. These were ordered prior to the eBay listing above.
2609_HA_1.jpg
Aside from a ~$40 8926 for modding if that lands on black Friday, I do not foresee additional purchases. I am avoiding the deals thread.
These users liked the author Sporkboy for the post (total 4):
yinzburgherTheJohnPPetWatchwatchpalooza
Sporkboy
Has liked: 896 times
Been liked: 1883 times

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by Sporkboy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:25 am

I am so weak. What am I supposed to do when people keep using inaccurate descriptions in their postings? I deleted the eBay app from my phone.

Anyway, two Vostoks in need of movement servicing are on their way. Described as Komandirskes, one of them appears to be an Amphibia. Neither of these shows a lot of wear, which is pretty common on well loved Vostoks. Not sure of the age of these, but the dials look older than the current ones. Research needs to be done.

At any rate $20.50 and these are on their way to me.

ImageImage

These users liked the author Sporkboy for the post (total 5):
TheJohnPpeskydonutBbrou33yinzburgherwatchpalooza
watchpalooza
Has liked: 2388 times
Been liked: 1864 times

Post by watchpalooza » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:52 am

991F0548-64B6-4103-AF54-24D4A84FB99D.jpeg
These users liked the author watchpalooza for the post (total 6):
yinzburgherTheJohnPStretch44RabirnieManOnTimeSporkboy
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 2736 times

Post by ManOnTime » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:14 am

Nothing in the mail lately. I've got the itch but the wallet is laughing at me. :lol:
These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post (total 4):
TheJohnPSporkboyStretch44watchpalooza
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
cortman
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 318 times

Post by cortman » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:55 am

ManOnTime wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:14 am
Nothing in the mail lately. I've got the itch but the wallet is laughing at me. :lol:
Same. I've got an itch and even a little cash but am trying to wait till black Friday. Also I seem to have gotten really selective this month. I see a bunch of options but think nah, it's not worth it. Maybe the true light of WPAC is finally penetrating my HUISABH-armored skull. :lol:
These users liked the author cortman for the post (total 4):
TheJohnPManOnTimeStretch44watchpalooza