Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Placed an order with Esslinger for a movement and some crystals for a $15 eBay auction I bought. $15 for the watches and $35 for parts. I should then have a Alba Titanium field watch, 3 x 38.5mm complete watches and 2-3 additional cases that would just need movements. Aside from that, I will be left with some dials and lots of hands to play with. Not too bad.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by watchpalooza »

Picked up this really interesting vintage “chronograph”, running a pin pallet Lapanouse Rego 135 (17,280 A/h).

5FC9A49C-155B-4174-BABB-B74A0AA8F387.jpeg
3669B67A-BCEA-48F4-91EA-19590C86C196.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

watchpalooza wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:14 pm Picked up this really interesting vintage “chronograph”, running a pin pallet Lapanouse Rego 135 (17,280 A/h).

This is super cool! Where do you find this stuff! Mind if I ask the price? I get so lost when looking vintage.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Stretch44 wrote:
watchpalooza wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:14 pm Picked up this really interesting vintage “chronograph”, running a pin pallet Lapanouse Rego 135 (17,280 A/h).

This is super cool! Where do you find this stuff! Mind if I ask the price? I get so lost when looking vintage.
Saw a beat up version of something that looks similar on eBay. Definitely needs work (needs a new crown and crystal for starters, probably more to be done as well) and may not be the same at all internally, but the dial looks to be similar in layout. The auction also ends soon with no bidders and a $20 starting bid. Auction 383408880657.

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Stretch44 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:15 pm

“Roskopf” watches like this one were essentially the Swiss version of Timexes...affordable and produced with as few parts as possible. Ironically some of the better condition ones are selling for hundreds, like these:
I paid $80 for it, but with patience and / or willingness to settle for a bit more signs of use you can grab these for less. Here is one that went for under £4: https://picclick.co.uk/Jaquet-Cobur-17- ... 20155.html

Some history on Roskopf and Lapanouse movements and watches here and here.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Also found what I consider to be another vintage bargain....this 1950‘s Kingston Beaumont with Landeron 148 for under $150.

7CF2AE05-BEA3-4101-883E-EF7E1FD69852.jpeg
8293EA3F-59C2-4572-A6B1-FF7EB33E7A2D.jpeg
833F81BC-C2B2-48F7-9669-3213289B27AC.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

watchpalooza wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:17 am Also found what I consider to be another vintage bargain....this 1950‘s Kingston Beaumont with Landeron 148 for under $150.

The next time you find something like that, and you're not going to buy it, let me know.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

ManOnTime wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:45 am
watchpalooza wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:17 am Also found what I consider to be another vintage bargain....this 1950‘s Kingston Beaumont with Landeron 148 for under $150.

The next time you find something like that, and you're not going to buy it, let me know.
May be better posted in the help me find a deal thread, but just DM a price range and I will start sending whatever I find.
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

watchpalooza wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:48 am
ManOnTime wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:45 am

May be better posted in the help me find a deal thread, but just DM a price range and I will start sending whatever I find.
A Landeron 148 or similar in that condition for $200 or less. :mrgreen:

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

After a few days of hand-wringing, today was the day I finally got in on the pre-order Douglas reissue from Wolbrook.

I first ordered the quartz model, but then realized those have flat crystals... and since I’m a sucker for a boxed or high-domed crystal, I had to cancel that order and go with the Pro model. Yes, it’s a Miyota 8215 but there’s is a ROULETTE DATE WHEEL(!) and a Hesalite crystal with internal magnification.

I also ordered this expansion bracelet after seeing the pic I posted above (not mine) from a review I read. Love that look!

Watch:

Bracelet:

Okay, it’s not expected until July, so it’s not technically in the mail yet. But you get the idea.
Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

Post by Conchita Turtle »

Not in the mail... yet. I'll still have to wait some months. But I've been waiting for several years.

The Havana-Bejucal-Güines Railway was the first railway line to be built in Cuba (then province of Spain), in Spanish territory, and Latin America. It was inaugurated in its first section on November 10th, 1837, almost eleven years before the first railway line opened in european Spain, Barcelona-Mataró; and was finished two years later. It was destined to transport goods from the rich agricultural region of Güines (wood, coffee, honey and sugar) to the port of Havana.

In the Spanish forum "Hablemos de relojes" (=Let's talk about watches), the idea was to make a watch in 2011, based on swiss Unitas, and made by the Festina group, with railway inspiration as a tribute to the 175th anniversary of that railway line.

Finally, the dial design, with Bréguet numerals and hands would be inspired by a Belgian Moeris Railroad pocket watch (sorry, I can't find the photo), and the watch case was designed by the late forumer Casva. The logo of the watch was taken from one of the old stamps of the original company.

There were other forum projects, and this one was tried to make in again 2013... However it had to be left in stand by.

Recently, and after having finished a "magna opus" with the Festina group, the Candino Grand Belize, caliber Soprod A10 COSC, and a medical chronograph, the "Galeno", caliber Seagull ST19, HdR forum has restarted the project.

The watch will be similar in execution to the original project, and made in China with a Seagull caliber (no, it will not have the Swiss Made on the dial) to make them more affordable. 150 watches will be made, not numbered.

Two prototypes have been ordered, one with a polished case, and the other with a sandblasted case. With them in hand, the final finish will be decided. The prototypes could be at the end of March, or maybe April. Once reviewed, and given the Ok, they would be ready in about 120 days.

Specifications:
Caliber: Seagull TY3620-2 AAA grade.
Case: Steel, 43mm.
Caseback: Solid, raised, made with hydraulic mold.
Crown: Onion type
Strap: Leather.
Dial: White, enamel like finish
Hands: Blue, Breguet type
Glass: "double domed" sapphire with antireflection coating.
Box: (animation) http://fornodelenha.000webhostapp.com/Ferroviario.html

They say that patience is a tree with bitter roots and sweet fruits. Let's see if, with a little luck, I can show you before September.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

That looks simply stunning!

I hope you get to have it sooner rather than later.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Conchita Turtle wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:28 pm Not in the mail... yet. I'll still have to wait some months. But I've been waiting for several years.

The Havana-Bejucal-Güines Railway was the first railway line to be built in Cuba (then province of Spain), in Spanish territory, and Latin America. It was inaugurated in its first section on November 10th, 1837, almost eleven years before the first railway line opened in european Spain, Barcelona-Mataró; and was finished two years later. It was destined to transport goods from the rich agricultural region of Güines (wood, coffee, honey and sugar) to the port of Havana.

In the Spanish forum "Hablemos de relojes" (=Let's talk about watches), the idea was to make a watch in 2011, based on swiss Unitas, and made by the Festina group, with railway inspiration as a tribute to the 175th anniversary of that railway line.

Finally, the dial design, with Bréguet numerals and hands would be inspired by a Belgian Moeris Railroad pocket watch (sorry, I can't find the photo), and the watch case was designed by the late forumer Casva. The logo of the watch was taken from one of the old stamps of the original company.

There were other forum projects, and this one was tried to make in again 2013... However it had to be left in stand by.

Recently, and after having finished a "magna opus" with the Festina group, the Candino Grand Belize, caliber Soprod A10 COSC, and a medical chronograph, the "Galeno", caliber Seagull ST19, HdR forum has restarted the project.

The watch will be similar in execution to the original project, and made in China with a Seagull caliber (no, it will not have the Swiss Made on the dial) to make them more affordable. 150 watches will be made, not numbered.

Two prototypes have been ordered, one with a polished case, and the other with a sandblasted case. With them in hand, the final finish will be decided. The prototypes could be at the end of March, or maybe April. Once reviewed, and given the Ok, they would be ready in about 120 days.

Specifications:
Caliber: Seagull TY3620-2 AAA grade.
Case: Steel, 43mm.
Caseback: Solid, raised, made with hydraulic mold.
Crown: Onion type
Strap: Leather.
Dial: White, enamel like finish
Hands: Blue, Breguet type
Glass: "double domed" sapphire with antireflection coating.
Box: (animation) http://fornodelenha.000webhostapp.com/Ferroviario.html

They say that patience is a tree with bitter roots and sweet fruits. Let's see if, with a little luck, I can show you before September.
Oh my!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Thanks for the history! Wow. That looks amazing!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Brand new Timex Expedition T40091SU for $9 incoming! [mention]Sporkboy[/mention] is this something you might be interested in?