Momentum Countdown Variant Torpedo Finally Dropped

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
Bolster
MoT Member

Momentum Countdown Variant Torpedo Finally Dropped

Post by Bolster »

I started pestering Momentum for a countdown bezel watch about a year ago, and to my surprise, found myself chatting by email with Simon Pennell, the CEO of Momentum. He said he'd think about it. A couple months later, he sent me a rendering of what the watch might look like. Then, yesterday, he sent me word that the Countdown Variant Torpedo is now available at the Momentum website! My understanding is that this is something of a limited test; don't know that these will be part of their regular offering. But I don't actually know.

Countdowners, unite! This is a rush for me, since it was my begging and pleading that planted the seed. I hope it sells well for Simon and his crew. I like the bold black-and-white contrasts of this watch, and the oversize crown is fun. Pictured is the full lume dial version. My order went in tonight. There are also two black dial countdowns available.

https://www.momentumwatch.com/products/ ... 5660732451

[img][/img]
Unrepentant Quartzer
Bolster
MoT Member

Re: Momentum Countdown Variant Torpedo Finally Dropped

Post by Bolster »

Here are all three models:

[img][/img]
Unrepentant Quartzer
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I think it looks great. I dig the red/black. And unlike a lot of dive watches the crown looks big and not painfully usable. Unfortunately 44mm is out of range for me.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Way to go on planting that seed. They look good. Too big for me, but that is on me.