We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Complaint of the Day

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

Re: Complaint of the Day

Post by HonestWatchReviews »

[emoji38][emoji38]I can't believe he got banned for that. So they're completely devoid of all human emotions then? [emoji38]

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I was going to post this over there after I made it, but I felt like it moved from poking the bear, to stabbing it while spitting in its eye.

In hindsight, maybe I should have. 🤔
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

HonestWatchReviews wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:12 am Alright guys, so I'm new to the forum. I recently got banned from WUS, after being an active member there for years. Due to running into a trigger happy mod.

So I was looking for alternatives and got recommend this one. I started chatting to Matt on Instagram and now here I am.

Glad to have you among us! This is a great place but and even greater group of people.
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

Split-Time wrote:
HonestWatchReviews wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:12 am Alright guys, so I'm new to the forum. I recently got banned from WUS, after being an active member there for years. Due to running into a trigger happy mod.

So I was looking for alternatives and got recommend this one. I started chatting to Matt on Instagram and now here I am.

Glad to have you among us! This is a great place but and even greater group of people.
Thanks. The mods are definitely more friendly [emoji6]

Sent using Tapatalk

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Haha! I remember that meme from WUS!
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Welcome! Sorry to hear about the ban...which never leaves a good taste. While I do visit WUS from time to time for the watches, I come here for the people (and the watches). I try to wink at MoT folks on WUS haha

I hope you enjoy your time here.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:53 pm I was going to post this over there after I made it, but I felt like it moved from poking the bear, to stabbing it while spitting in its eye.

In hindsight, maybe I should have. 🤔
:lol: Love King of the Hill.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:19 pm I got banned for posting a meme :)
That got you legendary status here and beyond!!

But....are you a one hit wonder? Only time will tell. ;)
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

First thread I look at has this ridiculous crap going on. Now if you don’t reply soon enough to the stupid newbs you get an ugly reply for helping. I see idiotic stuff like this all the time over there.

Poor MrDisco…

HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

Robotaz wrote:First thread I look at has this ridiculous crap going on. Now if you don’t reply soon enough to the stupid newbs you get an ugly reply for helping. I see idiotic stuff like this all the time over there.

Poor MrDisco…

Wow [emoji2357]

Sent using Tapatalk

HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

I decided to checkout the old WUS 'Best of AliExpress' thread and found these. My getting banned seems to have stirred up some debate and support... Obviously the mod who banned me hadn't responded though.

They're making all the same points I did in my message that never got responded too.

I have to admit that does make me feel somewhat vindicated [emoji16]
Sent using Tapatalk

ImageImageImage
Last edited by HonestWatchReviews on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

This has been a lot of fun, but can we get back to the "regularly scheduled" thread?

If we're going to claim to be a better community than WUS, we don't need to be spending all our time bashing them.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Not ripping WUS but No1Viper posted an affliated link with every video he posted, so you can't just rip the WUS mods. Never thought I would defend WUS mods as I got suspended for PMing about the MOT forum to another member of WUS.

Posting of affiliated links on WUS indirectly lead to the MoT forum being created.

Plus I'm close to being the first MoT member to be banned. :lol:

It is nice to see zero affliated links with your videos you are sharing here, good luck.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

tjcdas wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:31 pm Plus I'm close to being the first MoT member to be banned. :lol:
You're not that special, you wouldn't be the first.
tjcdas wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:31 pmIt is nice to see zero affliated links with your videos you are sharing here, good luck.
Strange. It's as if I had a discussion with [mention]HonestWatchReviews[/mention] about that very subject before he even signed up here. 🤔

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

ManOnTime wrote:
tjcdas wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:31 pm Plus I'm close to being the first MoT member to be banned. [emoji38]
You're not that special, you wouldn't be the first.
tjcdas wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:31 pmIt is nice to see zero affliated links with your videos you are sharing here, good luck.
Strange. It's as if I had a discussion with [mention]HonestWatchReviews[/mention] about that very subject before he even signed up here. [emoji848]
Crazy isn't it? Talking to someone and sorting stuff out like civilised people [emoji6]

Sent using Tapatalk