As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Complaint of the Day

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Re: Complaint of the Day

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Is there anything worse to witness than a TV commercial in which someone is stuffing his/her face with food?
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:23 pm Is there anything worse to witness than a TV commercial in which someone is stuffing his/her face with food?
Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

TheJohnP wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:39 pm
The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:23 pm Is there anything worse to witness than a TV commercial in which someone is stuffing his/her face with food?
Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest?
--------

MIckeyD's, Burger King, any pizza company, and any other stuffing of the face.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Complaint of the Day

Post by Robotaz »

I just sent a friend a link to a $1250 tent that’s 75% off and even though I’ve known him my entire life he replies “too early”.

This is what bothers me. We live in a world where you control it or it controls you.

What person in 2023 let’s any random thing on their phone wake them up all night? Seems like idiots to me, but he’s not an idiot.

Link to tent for the curious:

https://www.rei.com/product/202276/rei- ... and-x-tent
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

Post by HonestWatchReviews »

Robotaz wrote:I just sent a friend a link to a $1250 tent that’s 75% off and even though I’ve known him my entire life he replies “too early”.

This is what bothers me. We live in a world where you control it or it controls you.

What person in 2023 let’s any random thing on their phone wake them up all night? Seems like idiots to me, but he’s not an idiot.

Has he not heard of 'silent mode' or 'do not disturb'? Or the old school method, of just turning it off at night [emoji6]

Sent from my CPH2305 using Tapatalk

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

HonestWatchReviews wrote:
Robotaz wrote:I just sent a friend a link to a $1250 tent that’s 75% off and even though I’ve known him my entire life he replies “too early”.

Has he not heard of 'silent mode' or 'do not disturb'? Or the old school method, of just turning it off at night [emoji6]

What he’s doing is talking to me like he does his subordinates who cant just turn around and say you’re an idiot use airplane mode or turn the phone off.

Here’s another complaint. Most of my friends think they’re big shots now and they all feel like coworkers and annoy me to no end. I never thought as I aged my friends would get further and further away, but they are. They almost all make me shake my head and just move on. Been to busy to replace them with quality.
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

Post by HonestWatchReviews »

How am I only just finding out about this now? You know we Brits live to complain [emoji6]

I have one that I encountered recently when going to New York on holiday.
I booked the flights in February and paid for extra legroom, both there and back. But when we came to check in online (2nd July) they had changed my seat to one that didn't have it... Despite us paying extra money for it when we booked the flights in February. I rang and spoke to someone who told us that they couldn't do anything as the flight had changed and no more extra legroom seats were available. We were told to ask at the airport to see if they could sort something out. But there were no extra legroom seats left. Including the "blocked seats". We got to the airport earlier to try and get them as well.

To top it all off they told me that I couldn't get a refund until I got back either. And that I would have to contact them then.

The same thing happened on the way back as well. But as the flight wasn't fully booked, I managed to get two seats together, so I could at least stretch out a bit.

I think it's absolutely disgusting that they didn't either, refund me straight away, or even better contact me via email and let me know that the flight had changed, then give me the option of a refund or make sure that people who have already paid for extra legroom actually get what they paid for!

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Airlines suck!
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I won’t fly unless I have to. It’s hell on earth.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:38 pm I won’t fly unless I have to. It’s hell on earth.
We're departing on a 3k+ mile road trip in a couple of weeks for this very reason.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

6 hours is my limit. Under = I drive, over = I reluctantly fly. Been overseas 10+ times. UK, France, Italy all easy………Japan and the Philippines about kilt me. LOL
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

MoT wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:38 pm I won’t fly unless I have to. It’s hell on earth.
We're departing on a 3k+ mile road trip in a couple of weeks for this very reason.
In 2019 we drove from Lexington, KY out to Flagstaff, AZ where I used to live. Just driving and really detaching was the best part.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:47 pm
MoT wrote:
In 2019 we drove from Lexington, KY out to Flagstaff, AZ where I used to live. Just driving and really detaching was the best part.
Agreed, that's a big part of why I love road trips.

We're headed to the east coast (mid-Atlantic) for a few days then we'll probably take a south-east swing on the way home.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Complaint of the Day

Post by Robotaz »

MoT wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:47 pm
MoT wrote:
Agreed, that's a big part of why I love road trips.

We're headed to the east coast (mid-Atlantic) for a few days then we'll probably take a south-east swing on the way home.
As strange as it may sound, my most-recommended purchase prior to the road trip is a package of the various sizes of plastic clips your body and underside use. I figured this out driving around rural Kansas trying to find clips that the dealership idiots broke or left out of the undercarriage plastics. On the same car, I also found an air diverter in front of the left rear tire underneath had 2 broken clips and hanging by the one screw. The interstate speed and wind brings out the issues.

Now my cars really only have one thing beyond paperwork, a little box of assorted bodywork clips. Wife’s Nissan Murano uses at least 2 sizes.

Also, highly recommended to just check those before you leave, which I did not because I trusted my dealer to be making obviously-needed maintenance. Of course not.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Complaint of the Day

Post by Robotaz »

OP:

So I ordered the beautiful new PADI Sumo from Gnomon, and….wait for it….., busted crown tube of course.

Sent the watch back and they just sent me the same broken watch again. Twice they’ve sent me a broken watch.

Unless you have a lot of time to waste, I wouldn’t mess with them. I’m done with them and Seiko. Seiko just does not know how to make quality watches, and that’s an experimentally-determined fact.

The last Seiko fiasco before this one was FOUR, and I mean FOUR, blue MM300 came to me and AZ Fine Time with busted crown tubes.

But ask Seiko if they will stop the assembly line that needs serious repairs. Answer of course no, our customers don’t care. Well I do. Micros all day long blow them away on QC, if you can even call Seiko a company that has QC. I think it’s all robots from dumping raw materials in the front to setting packages in trucks in the back. Oblivious to what they’re pumping out.

Update #1:

I was blamed for wasting Gnomon’s time and money, for them sending the same broken watch twice.

You’ve been warned.

Update #2:

Gnomon received my watch last Thursday and no refund by Wednesday so I emailed. Refunded overnight and no mention of their mistakes or even notifying me the refund was coming.

I have to say I’m really disappointed. Their CS is terrible.