We're Moving!

Click for more info.

COVID-19 Impacts- No Conspiracy Theories

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Re: COVID-19 Impacts- No Conspiracy Theories

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Thanks to a volunteer group that searches out vaccine appointment openings I am now scheduled for a jab a week from tomorrow. I informed the group that I would travel anywhere in the state for an appointment. As I result I will have to travel about 40 minutes each way and spend a heck of amount of money on the Turnpike--but it will all be worth it!

I am deeply grateful to the volunteers who have made it all possible.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:54 pm Thanks to a volunteer group that searches out vaccine appointment openings I am now scheduled for a jab a week from tomorrow. I informed the group that I would travel anywhere in the state for an appointment. As I result I will have to travel about 40 minutes each way and spend a heck of amount of money on the Turnpike--but it will all be worth it!

When discussing the vaccine and availability with my older family members, you always come to mind. I'm very pleased to read this.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:02 pm
The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:54 pm Thanks to a volunteer group that searches out vaccine appointment openings I am now scheduled for a jab a week from tomorrow. I informed the group that I would travel anywhere in the state for an appointment. As I result I will have to travel about 40 minutes each way and spend a heck of amount of money on the Turnpike--but it will all be worth it!

When discussing the vaccine and availability with my older family members, you always come to mind. I'm very pleased to read this.
---------

Thank you!
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:24 pm Two family members (married couple) both had their second dose of Pfizer recently.

She had very minor symptoms, some fatigue, and some slight nausea.
He has stronger symptoms, heavy fatigue, strong nausea, and aches and pains.

Both are thrilled to have gotten the vaccine, however.

I'm just adding here for those who are looking for information. My mother who is 85 has had both shots of the Pfizer vaccine. The first one was without incident. The second one caused her to have some soreness in the arm and some minor flu like symptoms for a few days.

A friend of mine who is 61 and a GP Doctor with one of the major hospitals here in town had both of his shots sometime back and he said he had no issues with either one.

I should be able to schedule my first shot starting next week. With my kidney transplant I figured I would have already had the shot but I've had to wait my turn like most. My wife will be able to get hers at the beginning of April as a Bank Employee. No worries for me. I've been going into stores since the beginning and have not had even a sniffle. I also drop off and pick up our kids from school, High School and Middle School, and neither of our kids, or their friends, have come down with COVID-19.

I seriously wonder for me if it has to do with the amount of water I drink each day. It varies between 3 to 6 liters per day. I do not drink any thing other than water.
cheddar
MoT Member

COVID-19 Impacts- No Conspiracy Theories

Post by cheddar »

Got my second shot yesterday about 5 p.m. About 10 p.m. started getting some minor aches. About 5 a.m., chills — which, unsurprisingly, led to a 100-degree fever. Today has felt pretty much like when I get the flu, with those three symptoms. Not incapacitating, but several hours of rest in the p.m. was welcome.

Amazing that to protect ourselves from this %*#$ we have to basically give ourselves the flu. What a nasty, nasty virus.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

COVID-19 Impacts--London Buses Edition

I wrote previously about how some wonderful volunteers got me a COVID shot appointment for today, March 10, at a Walmart 30 miles from my house. Well, yesterday I received two emails, each offering open vaccine appointment slots. One was for tomorrow at a location only about 8 miles away from me; the other was for a week Friday at a location 3 miles away.

I kept the original appt., deeming it too late to allow the Walmart pharmacy to contact someone else to get the shot.

London buses indeed!
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Get my first stab on Friday.

The appointment process has been an adventure, to say the least: Over a month ago I submitted a form to both the County and State administrations. Crickets. My wife was determined to set my appointment and did so by repeatedly logging in to the County's vaccination site until the calendar popped up showing available slots.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Texas phase 1c just announced. TLDR: ages 50-64 (65+ are already covered by phases 1a and 1b).

Here is the announcement:
https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/immu ... hase1C.pdf

It begins March 15.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

[mention]The Sultan of SoWhat[/mention], how are you feeling after your first dosage? I've been thinking about you.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:04 pm @The Sultan of SoWhat, how are you feeling after your first dosage? I've been thinking about you.
--------

Thanks for caring.

I have had no negative reactions to the shot. Knock wood!

Hope everyone has been able to get a shot or at least be on a list to get one soon.

Stay safe, everyone.
k.crabbe
MoT Member

Post by k.crabbe »

Got my first Pfizer dose today. Arm is sore but that's about it. Dick's Sporting Good's and a local Hospital Network teamed up to give about 6,000 shots. The event was incredibly well run. I was very impressed. My appointment was for 9:50. At 9:46 I was waiting my 15 minutes to check for side effects. !0:01 I was out the door. One down, one to go. Hope all that want the vaccine can get one. Stay safe everybody.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Summing up a year.

Today the mayor reported that in the last year our township of about 100,000 people had just over 200 deaths from COVID-19.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Got my first dose of Moderna's vaccine today.

So far, it's just a sore arm. However, both my parents who have gotten both their dosage, have said their second shot, they had some side effects such as body chills and fatigue.

Overall, I'm grateful to have qualified. Hopefully in the long run, this will be the smart move.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Today I landed an appointment for my first shot, but I am skeptical because: 1) I noticed the emailed announcement 30 minutes after it arrived which in my experience is very late, and 2) it went too easily -- I got the first time slot I selected. That and the fact that this provider is newer than others in the area. I can imagine 100 people arriving for 10 shots, all of them with a 4pm appointment. Anyhow, we'll see what happens. (Update: it went very smoothly. The Frisco, Texas vacc team is top notch!)

Meanwhile, I am trying to think of things I'll do after I am fully vaccinated. A haircut is the first thing that comes to mind. Please assist my stunted imagination with your suggestions. :-)
Last edited by BostonCharlie on Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

It's a sign of the times, perhaps, that despite me devoting considerable time over several weeks deliberately attempting to get an appointment, and after getting one with my County, a day later my local clinic sent me an invitation to make an appointment with them. This suggests that more doses are coming to my County.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.