We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Fuel Sniffers Anonymous (The Thread For Car Nuts)

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
CVP33
MoT Member

Re: Fuel Sniffers Anonymous (The Thread For Car Nuts)

Post by CVP33 »

Incredibly pointless, obnoxious and a complete spectacle of excess………which of course means I love it!
CigarCity
MoT Member

Post by CigarCity »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:36 pm One of the cars that will be at an event I do some behind the scenes stuff for.

Pontiac G8 (Holden Monaro) turned in to an Aussie-style burnout machine.

He said he's bringing 16 rear tires and 165 gallons of methanol. :shock:
Always liked those G8s. To bad they had to kill Pontiac. THAT particular one is SICK!!!!!!
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

CigarCity wrote:
ManOnTime wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:36 pm One of the cars that will be at an event I do some behind the scenes stuff for.

Pontiac G8 (Holden Monaro) turned in to an Aussie-style burnout machine.

He said he's bringing 16 rear tires and 165 gallons of methanol. :shock:
Always liked those G8s. To bad they had to kill Pontiac. THAT particular one is SICK!!!!!!
They killed Oldsmobile and Pontiac because 1.) they didn’t recognize allegiance to that which from they came, 2.) they had no creative direction to utilize either, and 3.) they had a decimated company that had no creativity built from any cognizance of American auto history and prowess.

The biggest shames in Corporate World was 1.) the abandonment and fleecing of the American auto industry, 2.) Walmart destroying everything that it destroyed to put money in a few very spoiled billionaire childrens’ pockets, and 3.) stubborn Americans refusing to acknowledge that China will sell them and every generation after them EV if they don’t wake up.

It’s going to be seriously hilarious watching the red necks driving Chinese cars soon because they are and were so determined to drive gasoline till the end. Shopping at Walmart and driving a BYD. The American dream. LOL
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Separated at Birth?

1967 Thunderbird
Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 12.12.00 AM.png
---------

1970 Dodge Charger
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 11.49.32 PM.png
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

I’ve been busy:

Image]

CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Hard Tuned swag.

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Very low key mod which has given me an outsized feeling of satisfaction: I added an aftermarket trailer hitch to my 2010 Ford Flex. After all my prep I discovered that the hitch (which O'Reilly said would fit my model) ran up against the well for the spare. After double-checking that I indeed had enough room, I applied my trusty claw hammer to the problem. Doesn't there always have to be something?

Next: find a 4" riser so my cargo rack is above the exhaust pipe.

hitch_mod.jpg
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

New Track weapon - new to me 2021 ZL1 1LE, A10, shadow gray with PDR……pretty much all you need. Just received my Nankang AR1’s (315/335) on Apex SM-10, staggered 18’s. Now I wait for our first event in March.

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

^^^ That’s badass! I don’t even know what it is though, other than obviously a Camaro.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Fuel Sniffers Anonymous (The Thread For Car Nuts)

Post by Robotaz »

I’ve been patiently waiting to see groundbreaking before I get really excited, and it’s time!

At the eastern edge of Cumberland County, TN, where I live, one of the best motorsports parks in the world is taking shape. It is called Flatrock Motorsports Club and it will have hotels, restaurants, brewery, winery, campgrounds, villas, and more. It’s going to be THE destination of racing enthusiasts.

I traded my GR86 in on a Pathfinder that is much better for work and play right now, so the hunt begins for a truly dedicated track car that I’ll get to drive all the time right down the road. I’m as stoked as it gets.

As time goes on, remember this post and me telling you guys you are welcome to come here and you’ll have a host for everything outside the gates if you want one. Seriously.

https://flatrockmotorclub.com

You can barely see I-40 at the top of the map. If you know I-40 at all in this area, the venue is next to the RV dealer at the Westel exit before you drop off the Cumberland Plateau and approach Knoxville/Oak Ridge/Gatlinburg part of east TN. Or in other words, right outside of Crossville. If you are not familiar with the area, it’s the highest area between Smokies and Rockies and we have 15+ golf courses, it’s cooler in the summer than even 4 hours north where I grew up, and warmer in the winter. We have awesome weather here for not being San Diego. They couldn’t have picked a better place. Also a private community where I lived 2004-2008 when I left AZ called Fairfield Glade is right nearby and has nice golf courses, woods, rivers, etc. Beautiful area.

Google Earth link: https://goo.gl/maps/x7jsbwUBz66oiFor9

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Robotaz wrote:I’ve been patiently waiting to see groundbreaking before I get really excited, and it’s time!

At the eastern edge of Cumberland County, TN, where I live, one of the best motorsports parks in the world is taking shape. It is called Flatrock Motorsports Club and it will have hotels, restaurants, brewery, winery, campgrounds, villas, and more. It’s going to be THE destination of racing enthusiasts.

I traded my GR86 in on a Pathfinder that is much better for work and play right now, so the hunt begins for a truly dedicated track car that I’ll get to drive all the time right down the road. I’m as stoked as it gets.

As time goes on, remember this post and me telling you guys you are welcome to come here and you’ll have a host for everything outside the gates if you want one. Seriously.

https://flatrockmotorclub.com

You can barely see I-40 at the top of the map. If you know I-40 at all in this area, the venue is next to the RV dealer at the Westel exit before you drop off the Cumberland Plateau and approach Knoxville/Oak Ridge/Gatlinburg part of east TN. Or in other words, right outside of Crossville. If you are not familiar with the area, it’s the highest area between Smokies and Rockies and we have 15+ golf courses, it’s cooler in the summer than even 4 hours north where I grew up, and warmer in the winter. We have awesome weather here for not being San Diego. They couldn’t have picked a better place. Also a private community where I lived 2004-2008 when I left AZ called Fairfield Glade is right nearby and has nice golf courses, woods, rivers, etc. Beautiful area.

Google Earth link: https://goo.gl/maps/x7jsbwUBz66oiFor9

Wow! That track looks incredible! You're definitely giving me a reason to visit TN outside of those death trap goat coasters. I just really need to get on @CVP33 good side so we can meet up there and run some hot laps [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

CVP33 wrote:New Track weapon - new to me 2021 ZL1 1LE, A10, shadow gray with PDR……pretty much all you need. Just received my Nankang AR1’s (315/335) on Apex SM-10, staggered 18’s. Now I wait for our first event in March.

I know there is something wrong in my brain when I get borderline aroused just seeing those tires.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Just some stuff I've encountered in the wild recently.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:54 pm Just some stuff I've encountered in the wild recently.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

That four-eye Saleen is hot!

I saw this RS6 Avant with the carbon brake package driving through downtown Minneapolis during a snowstorm earlier this week (screen grab not mine):

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:54 pm Just some stuff I've encountered in the wild recently.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

That four-eye Saleen is hot!

I saw this RS6 Avant with the carbon brake package driving through downtown Minneapolis during a snowstorm earlier this week (screen grab not mine):

Uggghhh. My absolute dream car. Outside of an RS2 Avant of course.