We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Gift a Smile / Win a Rolex

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: Gift a Smile / Win a Rolex

Post by Split-Time »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:46 pm Just over a week left in this, I hope everyone has their tickets!
I'm in. Thank you for the reminder, Matt.

Our son had to spend a fair amount of time in the hospital until a couple of years ago. As a parent, there are obviously a lot of things that you worry about, but you cannot put yourself into their little head to begin to understand how scary and difficult the experience is for them...and it breaks your heart. I will never forget our son being in the ER and catching sight of a toy at the nurses station from a TV show that he didn't even like. All he knew was that it was a toy and at that point it was probably the only thing that he could relate to.

I could go on and on...
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

This is a great opportunity to donate to a fantastic cause. Also cool that we are on the “How did you hear about us” list:
A3DE0EB2-765B-4EDB-9381-1F87A32BB5D1.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
DiscoEstScio
MoT Member

Post by DiscoEstScio »

Sporkboy wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:52 am I wish the children’s hospital that I work for would have such a cool fundraiser. I’ve got my ticket. As an old man once yelled at me: ‘You can’t win if you don’t have a ticket!’
Thank you so much!

BTW, you can PM me about connecting our organization with your hospital - we collaborate with many out of state facilities :)
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

DiscoEstScio wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:25 am
Sporkboy wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:52 am I wish the children’s hospital that I work for would have such a cool fundraiser. I’ve got my ticket. As an old man once yelled at me: ‘You can’t win if you don’t have a ticket!’
Thank you so much!

BTW, you can PM me about connecting our organization with your hospital - we collaborate with many out of state facilities :)
Just a thought: Some companies will match employee donations to charities. I don't think my employer will match this because the receipt shows I bought raffle tickets. Maybe if it showed as a donation and the raffle tickets were a "gift" it would work? Not sure if that's possible or not.

Good luck to everyone that bought tickets!
DiscoEstScio
MoT Member

Post by DiscoEstScio »

Split-Time wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:31 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:46 pm Just over a week left in this, I hope everyone has their tickets!
I'm in. Thank you for the reminder, Matt.

Our son had to spend a fair amount of time in the hospital until a couple of years ago. As a parent, there are obviously a lot of things that you worry about, but you cannot put yourself into their little head to begin to understand how scary and difficult the experience is for them...and it breaks your heart. I will never forget our son being in the ER and catching sight of a toy at the nurses station from a TV show that he didn't even like. All he knew was that it was a toy and at that point it was probably the only thing that he could relate to.

I could go on and on...
Thank you so much for your generosity and sharing a personal experience.

A gift for a hospitalized child is the opportunity for them to forget for a few minutes that they are isolated from their friends and family stuck in a hospital because they need to get better and the chance for them to have a “normal” kid moment.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

The live drawing is today at 2:00pm Eastern Standard Time on Toys For Hospitalized Children's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/toysforhospitalizedchildren/

There is still time to get a ticket or three or seventy by visiting the raffle site: https://www.toysforhospitalizedchildren.org/raffle
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Osteoman
MoT Member

Post by Osteoman »

In for 3. A great cause.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I'm in.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Congratulations to the winner William Barr, wherever you are, and congratulations to [mention]DiscoEstScio[/mention] and everyone at Toys For Hospitalized Children for the great raffle.

Also, thanks for the shoutout during the live stream!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale