We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Huel and other meal replacements

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Boourns
MoT Member

Huel and other meal replacements

Post by Boourns »

Anyone tried Huel? I read the recent review on The Takeout and am intrigued. I might give it a go. I have never been a protein shake guy, far from it in fact, but this interests me because it's pitched as a nutritional meal replacement versus a bulking up or diet shake. I do want lose a few COVID pounds but I also like the idea of not having to pack/buy/worry about lunch during the week.

Would love to hear from anyone with experience. (or a referral code :lol:)
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Huel and other meal replacements

Post by MoT »

No experience. I'm also generally suspicious of gimmicky health and diet products, or ones that seem.gimmicky.

When I was on a physician ordered, liquid diet for about a year I consumed a lot of Carnation Instant Breakfast, Muscle Milk (power and ready made) and similar "workout" and meal replacement shakes. That was joined by Jell-O, sugar free popsicles, etc.

Seems tortuous, but I'm a creature of habit, so once I got the hang of it, it was easy.

No real help I suppose, but just a personal anecdote.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Boourns wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:57 am Anyone tried Huel? I read the recent review on The Takeout and am intrigued. I might give it a go. I have never been a protein shake guy, far from it in fact, but this interests me because it's pitched as a nutritional meal replacement versus a bulking up or diet shake. I do want lose a few COVID pounds but I also like the idea of not having to pack/buy/worry about lunch during the week.

"referral code" lol

I had not heard of this, but thanks for bringing it up. I love food, love eating, but cooking is a chore, so this might be a good solution...
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

pdsf wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:56 am
Boourns wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:57 am Anyone tried Huel? I read the recent review on The Takeout and am intrigued. I might give it a go. I have never been a protein shake guy, far from it in fact, but this interests me because it's pitched as a nutritional meal replacement versus a bulking up or diet shake. I do want lose a few COVID pounds but I also like the idea of not having to pack/buy/worry about lunch during the week.

"referral code" lol

I had not heard of this, but thanks for bringing it up. I love food, love eating, but cooking is a chore, so this might be a good solution...
So I have been doing this for a couple of months now. I love it. The shakes take a little bit of getting used to taste wise, but I have found myself craving them around lunch time. My go-to is 1 scoop vanilla, 1 scoop berry, and 1/2 cup of real frozen fruit. Blend it and go.

And BTW I have a referral code now if anyone is interested in trying it out. I think it gets us both $10 off or something small like that DM me.
I wish that watch were 38mm?