We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
pdsf
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by pdsf »

TheJohnP wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:34 pm After I got my first COVID vaccine shot yesterday, stopped by the only listed Grand Seiko AD in the state.

Liked seeing so many GS with my own eyes (So SHINY!!!!), but did feel a little guilty wasting the salesperson's time. As I've no plans to ever drop that kind of $$$$ on a watch.
Mayors in Alpharetta? I tried on a Snowflake here...so SHINY!!!!!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Yup. Felt too self conscious to try any on. But so different from online pics. They catch any and all light.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

TheJohnP wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:34 pm After I got my first COVID vaccine shot yesterday, stopped by the only listed Grand Seiko AD in the state.

Liked seeing so many GS with my own eyes (So SHINY!!!!), but did feel a little guilty wasting the salesperson's time. As I've no plans to ever drop that kind of $$$$ on a watch.
Unless they had tons of customers waiting, I wouldn't feel bad at all.

Best time to try them on!
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

As my collection stands right now, I don’t have more than one watch from any single brand. Weird.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

recapt wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:24 pm As my collection stands right now, I don’t have more than one watch from any single brand. Weird.
Your love is just all encompassing.
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

pdsf wrote:
recapt wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:24 pm As my collection stands right now, I don’t have more than one watch from any single brand. Weird.
Your love is just all encompassing.
We’ll see how long that lasts :)
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

I garden sometimes barehanded with a not so cheap watch on my wrist, mainly because I was not planning on any extensive work, but invariably it turns into one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

I charge the lume on the watch I'm wearing while I get the kids ready for bed, so that I have a full charge when putting them to sleep.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

I gave my gf my 36mm Eterna as a sort-of boyfriend watch, and I enjoy looking at it on her wrist more than I did on my wrist. On my wrist I was always: "Nice watch," where on her wrist I'm like: "Wow -- nice watch!"
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:58 pm I gave my gf my 36mm Eterna as a sort-of boyfriend watch, and I enjoy looking at it on her wrist more than I did on my wrist. On my wrist I was always: "Nice watch," where on her wrist I'm like: "Wow -- nice watch!"
Sounds like a good move 8-). I remember that watch well!
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

My "collection" of watches has become nearly unmanageable. There's just too many. So it's time to pick up the pace of selling. And yet there is really only a small percentage of my watches that I'm readily willing to part with. :( This is going to be harder than I thought. :roll: .....I'm absolutely pathetic. :lol:

Beyond the problem of having too many watches, I also have way too many watches boxes in my house. It's actually a major factor in the decision to accelerate the selling. So If I never get another watch box again, I'd be absolutely delighted. I'd love if I could just get a small travel pouch, a canvas roll, or even nothing.........nothing but a watch and a strap/bracelet with every purchase from here on out.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Now that I live alone I don't wash my colander after draining my pasta -- I just dry it in the rack and put it away.

On the watch box question, I believe the G-Shock tin is a good solution since it can double as a stout watch roll.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

yinzburgher wrote:My "collection" of watches has become nearly unmanageable. There's just too many. So it's time to pick up the pace of selling. And yet there is really only a small percentage of my watches that I'm readily willing to part with. :( This is going to be harder than I thought. :roll: .....I'm absolutely pathetic. :lol:

Beyond the problem of having too many watches, I also have way too many watches boxes in my house. It's actually a major factor in the decision to accelerate the selling. So If I never get another watch box again, I'd be absolutely delighted. I'd love if I could just get a small travel pouch, a canvas roll, or even nothing.........nothing but a watch and a strap/bracelet with every purchase from here on out.
I have always wanted money spent everywhere other than watch boxes because I have too many and don’t look at a single one.
kinglee
MoT Member

Post by kinglee »

Not enough confessions in the last year. I’ll list mine.

I don’t care for silver dials. I’ve owned two and they didn’t last more than a few weeks.

Round hour endices. Not even on a Rolex sub! My Steinhart titanium has them but it’s a keeper in spite of them.

…. Next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is easier to forgive than to dispose of a body!
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

kinglee wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:22 pm Not enough confessions in the last year. I’ll list mine.

I don’t care for silver dials. I’ve owned two and they didn’t last more than a few weeks.

Round hour endices. Not even on a Rolex sub! My Steinhart titanium has them but it’s a keeper in spite of them.

…. Next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I want something juicier. :)