We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Oil change pron

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Oil change pron

Post by Robotaz »

I don’t know if anyone here cares much about cars, but car fluid changes are like crack to me. I love clean lube.

I bought my wife a 2016 Nissan Murano Platinum with every option back in 2016. She is not very entertained by cars or material stuff really at all, but she has over time become a lover of her car. Well, I tried to get her to let me trade her car on my new GR86 and take my 2021 4Runner, but no.

So, at 5.5 years old and with 53,000 miles, I dove into her all-wheel drive car, with the help of our local Nissan dealer. I had the CVT (transmission), transfer case, and engine oil changed. There’s a rear differential that I have changed myself twice because it’s an extremely high-fail part for this car. The rear diff was not changed in this visit.

Being an extreme lube crackhead, I sent my wife with three clear water bottles for the technicians to collect samples, which they were very nice about and accommodated.

Without further ado…

The CVT fluid:

The transfer case fluid:

Engine oil at 5,000-6,000 miles for reference: