We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Some Personal News

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Some Personal News

Post by MoT »

Thank you, everyone.

We are planning on going out of town for a day or two when time, money and Mrs.MoT's energy allow. It'll probably be somewhere in the state since there are so many places we love visiting here.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Mrs.MoT

Post by Mrs.MoT »

I'm sure I could quote every damn one of you here, but I am lazy as f*ck and cannot bring myself to do so.

MoT appears to have done an amazing job keeping you all updated. Let me be very clear: this is not a surprise. He's been amazing every f*cking step of the way, even the nagging (of which there was a LOT, believe me). Okay, scratch that - there is still a lot of nagging, and it likely will never stop.

Being a caregiver is a rough road and not for the faint of heart. It is a demanding, delicate, and draining job. I know this, as I have been one all my life. MoT did it beautifully, and mostly with grace, to boot. He was stressed and scared and worried, and so, so weary. I think it was harder on him both mentally and emotionally than it was on me, though you won't hear him say it. I tend toward the distant and emotionless (cold and heartless? probably) route, which better equipped me to plow through this year. I point this out to help illustrate that your...what, leader?...is one HELL of a guy.

As to the year as a whole, I saw this singular most fitting description a while ago and laughed right out loud: "2019 is almost over, and all I gotta say is what the f*ck was that." :lol:

I continue to improve as time goes on. I still have lots of neuropathy in my hands and feet - they always hurt, mostly presenting as cold. I can make it almost all the way up the stairs without having to stop, but still can't do it without the help of the railings. My balance is returning, along with some hair (finally!), and the months of barely eating definitely had a positive effect on the diabetes (yay, cancer?), as my A1C went from 10 in January to 6.1 in November. That's huge, and pleased my primary doc to no end.

We do want to get out of town for a weekend, but I have to build up some PTO first. Most of my days off go to doctors, and are unpaid due to no time saved up, so I have work to put in, first. But we'll get there eventually.

Ultimately, I came in here to say a huge THANK YOU to each and every one of you. All of the thoughts and well wishes on our behalf - no matter their form - have been so appreciated. Keep being the awesome, upstanding men (and women, I can't be the only one) you obviously are. Your support - especially of MoT - means everything to me!

...don't you people have damn hearts in your smiley bank? Jesus Christ. *tries to remember how to make her own*

♡♡♡♡♡ Huh. Saved in my phone keyboard. Hope they show up. If not: <3 <3 <3.
Have you ever, like, walked naked to the fridge in the middle of the night to get a drink or something, and then you realized that someone saw you? And then you realized you're kind of into it? If not, then it never happened to me, either. Ever. ;)
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Mrs.MoT wrote:I'm sure I could quote every damn one of you here, but I am lazy as f*ck and cannot bring myself to do so.

MoT appears to have done an amazing job keeping you all updated. Let me be very clear: this is not a surprise. He's been amazing every f*cking step of the way, even the nagging (of which there was a LOT, believe me). Okay, scratch that - there is still a lot of nagging, and it likely will never stop.

Being a caregiver is a rough road and not for the faint of heart. It is a demanding, delicate, and draining job. I know this, as I have been one all my life. MoT did it beautifully, and mostly with grace, to boot. He was stressed and scared and worried, and so, so weary. I think it was harder on him both mentally and emotionally than it was on me, though you won't hear him say it. I tend toward the distant and emotionless (cold and heartless? probably) route, which better equipped me to plow through this year. I point this out to help illustrate that your...what, leader?...is one HELL of a guy.

As to the year as a whole, I saw this singular most fitting description a while ago and laughed right out loud: "2019 is almost over, and all I gotta say is what the f*ck was that." [emoji38]

I continue to improve as time goes on. I still have lots of neuropathy in my hands and feet - they always hurt, mostly presenting as cold. I can make it almost all the way up the stairs without having to stop, but still can't do it without the help of the railings. My balance is returning, along with some hair (finally!), and the months of barely eating definitely had a positive effect on the diabetes (yay, cancer?), as my A1C went from 10 in January to 6.1 in November. That's huge, and pleased my primary doc to no end.

We do want to get out of town for a weekend, but I have to build up some PTO first. Most of my days off go to doctors, and are unpaid due to no time saved up, so I have work to put in, first. But we'll get there eventually.

Ultimately, I came in here to say a huge THANK YOU to each and every one of you. All of the thoughts and well wishes on our behalf - no matter their form - have been so appreciated. Keep being the awesome, upstanding men (and women, I can't be the only one) you obviously are. Your support - especially of MoT - means everything to me!

...don't you people have damn hearts in your smiley bank? Jesus Christ. *tries to remember how to make her own*

So good to see you back Mrs. MoT!!! I am glad to hear the recovery process, while obviously a struggle is going in the right direction still. You two are one hell if a duo, and I can only hope that the wife and I can be as strong in the face of adversity as you both have. I love that neither of you ever lost your sense of humor, even in the most difficult of times. I've found your journey both motivational and inspiring and wish you both the best going forward. Again, really good to see you back Mrs. MoT.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

[emoji176][emoji177][emoji178][emoji179][emoji173][emoji175] and here are some bonus hearts just for you!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Mrs.MoT wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:31 am I'm sure I could quote every damn one of you here, but I am lazy as f*ck and cannot bring myself to do so.

As to the year as a whole, I saw this singular most fitting description a while ago and laughed right out loud: "2019 is almost over, and all I gotta say is what the f*ck was that." :lol:

Really good to hear from you! It's great to find that things are headed in the right direction. And glad to hear MoT has been up to the task. Maybe we're not close IRL but I consider him a close interweb homie so it's really good to know lol. The news about your A1C is great, even if it didn't get there the way you planned it. The hair will come back, taking stairs should get easier as you get stronger and your blood count trends up. Just a matter of time I'm guessing. But I'm really hoping two things for you......I hope the neuropathy starts getting better and I hope you guys can get out of town for a long weekend. That would be pretty cool to hear if you get a chance to update again at some point. Here's to a better 2020! 💗
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Mrs.MoT wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:31 am I'm sure I could quote every damn one of you here, but I am lazy as f*ck and cannot bring myself to do so.

Thank you for the update, MrsMoT! We hope you not only know, but have somehow felt, that so many of us have been thinking about you during your battle. You are spot on with your caregiver insight, and this will only make you and Matt's relationship even stronger! I hope you are able to relax and spend some quality time together in the coming weeks. Here is to the merriest of Christmas' for you and MoT!
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

So glad that the year is ending on an upbeat note for you, Mrs. MoT.

All the best for the future for you and MoT, who is a top, top person.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Wow, Mrs. MoT, this is all good news.

Getting your A1C from 10 to 6.1 is fantastic!

Thanks for the update. Take care and enjoy the holidays.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Both you and [mention]ManOnTime[/mention] are an inspiration. I don't know if I would be as strong as the two of you if I had to go through the same. So glad that you're starting the new year off healthy and happy. Hopefully you get a well deserved weekend away to relax soon.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

It's been a while since I've updated this, and that's a good thing!

Mrs.MoT's first 3-month check-up was today. In the words of the doctor, "There is nothing to be concerned about. Everything looks normal." :)

Also, on the suggestion of her oncology team, she had genetic testing towards the end of January. Short story, they sequenced her genome and inspect 34 or genes and look for abnormalities that have shown to indicate higher-than-normal risks for various types of cancer. Along with it, they take a detailed family history and personal life inventory. Coincidentally those results were in today as well, and every single one came back as "normal".

It's been a good day all 'round.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Awesome to hear! Weird thing is, I was thinking of the both of you on Saturday night. My wife and I went to a hospice foundation dinner and I thought about the many people I know who have been impacted by this horrible disease. Thankfully you two didn't go that route.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Answered prayers. Really happy for you both.
cairoanan
MoT Member

Post by cairoanan »

God bless you both[emoji106][emoji1374]
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I know that we are all very happy to hear the good news Matt and [mention]Mrs.MoT[/mention] ! I, too, was just thinking of the two of you. Someone mentioned chemo this week and the two places that my mind immediately went were my MIL, who is now cancer free, and MrsMOT. The only reason I mention that is to say (as others have) that there are people thinking of you, and praying for you, all over the planet.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

No news, but an anniversary.

It's Mrs.MoT's birthday today, and also the one year anniversary of her first chemo session.

What a year... She's healthy and happy, and I continue to be overwhelmed by all the love and support we've received over this past year, and that we continue to receive today.

We're still working through some pretty eye watering bills (turns out everything was more expensive than I though :lol: ) but we're getting there.

Yes, because of COVID we're at home for her birthday instead of having dinner out, but that will come in time. If I have one skill I can rely on, it's my patience.

Besides, dinner here at home with her is a hell of a lot better than lunch in the infusion center like last year.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT