Happy Fourth Anniversary!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
MoT
Site Admin

Happy Fourth Anniversary!

Post by MoT »

It is hard to believe, but four years ago today this site was uploaded into existence!

Over that time we've become a close-knit, welcoming community of watch enthusiasts from all walks of life. I can't begin to properly express my thanks and gratitude to all of you for the past four years, but please know that creating and operating this site has been a gift and a pleasure and it really is because of you, the members.

Congratulations on four years to all of us, and an extra congrats to those who've been here since Day 1!

If you'd like, please share some of your favorite MoT's memories below.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Miggyd87
MoT Member

Re: Happy Fourth Anniversary!

Post by Miggyd87 »

In my 2 years on MoT, this community has supplied me with new watches, new knowledge and most of all new friends!

Thank you to all the founding members of this forum.

A special thanks to @Rabirnie for inviting me to join back in 2020!
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Hello. I’m new here.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Wow, four years is bananas. Love this place.
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

an extra congrats to those who've been here since Day 1!
This both does, and does not, apply to me :lol:

Thank you all for being such awesome enablers friends!
Scruffy believes in this forum
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

Day 1s wuzuppppp

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Love this place. Love Matt and John. Love all who make this community the wonderful that it is. You each, and this place make my life richer. Thank you.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
biglovetravis
MoT Member

Post by biglovetravis »

Wow. Don't know MOT was only around a year before I joined. Great place and some solid folks with a common goal. One of the few sites I visit multiple times per day.
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
Extendedpizza
MoT Member

Post by Extendedpizza »

Definitely seems like it has been longer than four years for MOT. I discovered it by chance and then joined three years ago and found lots of great deals. Then joined the discord and found lots of great people. Looking foward to being part of it all for many years to come.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I was about 12 hours late to the start of the party, but I did squeak in on the first day.

If you had told me four years ago that by joining this site that I would have over 10k posts, be invited to become a moderator for the forum, and find myself in a community that I think of as "home," I probably wouldn't have believed you. I'm very glad to be wrong.

There is a lot to enjoy...the deals, the Discord, the discourse, but the actual friendships that have developed is what I treasure the most.

Happy Anniversary!!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

My most profound memories are having jaded and politicized people attack me here, but that’s what happens when you aren’t in a group. You get attacked from all sides.

So I forgive those who are frankly still at the bottom of the learning curve and try to focus on the spirit of watch forums, which is an appreciation of watches, passion, and in the case of this forum, hysteria over deals, which is what makes me enjoy the space.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

I still kick myself for hesitating on the first day. Joined on day 2.

You all have cost me a lot of money.

Best wishes to Matt and the rest of the gang for four ++++++++more years.
Last edited by The Sultan of SoWhat on Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Joined day 2 I believe, but only because that's when it became tapatalkable.

Love this place. Had to step away from the HUISABH thread though. I was living our motto "going broke by saving money"

My fondest memories come from chats I've had with the people here. And I sincerely miss Rakuten Global and the absolutely insane deals that were had (26% CB on a Sapphire Sandwich?!? Are you kidding me?).

But mostly it's the people. I am not even buying watches right now(I think 100 ish is sufficient) but I always enjoy shooting the breeze with the amazing community that has been built here.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

I’m not sure if I was here from Day 1 but it's got to be pretty close. I was here before WUS issued the gag order.

Edit: I joined in the same day Matt did so I’m a member of the Day 1 club! I’m somebody!
3B29564E-6F2A-4678-AFB1-1C00948D9524.gif
3B29564E-6F2A-4678-AFB1-1C00948D9524.gif (122.95 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Many fond deal memories, especially the ones where folks chip in to uncover crazy stacking codes and cash back to really achieve some outstanding discounts. My favorite single experience was @Sporkboy's $35 mechanical field watch challenge -- that was fun. Many thanks to everybody who makes the magic happen. Here's to another great four years!