We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Post a Picture of Your Pet

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Re: Post a Picture of Your Pet

Post by tommy_boy »

I have no idea why I took this shot. Missy is not amused.

Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:55 pm I picked her up today from the pound. I am happy she is settling in so quickly. She is very sweet but not sweet smelling — she really needs a bath. We haven’t named her yet.

6AE9EAC3-12CF-4873-94DE-B16B91238A94.jpeg
Aww, sweet puppy! She’s going to put your Roomba to the test.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Keeping her off the loveseat lasted one day. She just belongs there. It is old and worn out anyhow, and letting her on the furniture boosts our bachelor pad cred lol.

ADF35582-AD52-449D-B506-799B7BC74CEC.jpeg
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

It has been one week since the adoption and she is settling in nicely. We are all still getting to know each other. In some ways she is quite different than when she arrived. No surprise that being lost, found, incarcerated, spayed and vaccinated would impact a dog’s behavior. When she arrived she was poky and wobbled a couple times; now she is energetic and spry.

It has been a lot of work and I have been learning a lot about big dogs. It was funny the first time she tracked mud across my white carpet that I’ve been fussing over. I didn’t care. It was glorious in a way.

Thank you for your kind words [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] [mention]whoagorgeous[/mention] and [mention]Sussa[/mention]. I feel pretty lucky. BTW I named her Kira.
9E7FA4A3-C662-4BA4-A37A-5EC0A43A399D.jpeg
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I <3 Kira!!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:41 am... It was funny the first time she tracked mud across my white carpet that I’ve been fussing over. I didn’t care. It was glorious in a way...
Yup. You just can't get mad at all.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:41 am It has been one week since the adoption and she is settling in nicely. We are all still getting to know each other. In some ways she is quite different than when she arrived. No surprise that being lost, found, incarcerated, spayed and vaccinated would impact a dog’s behavior. When she arrived she was poky and wobbled a couple times; now she is energetic and spry.

It has been a lot of work and I have been learning a lot about big dogs. It was funny the first time she tracked mud across my white carpet that I’ve been fussing over. I didn’t care. It was glorious in a way.

Thank you for your kind words @TheJohnP @whoagorgeous and @Sussa. I feel pretty lucky. BTW I named her Kira.

From my wife:

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:45 am
BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:41 am It has been one week since the adoption and she is settling in nicely. We are all still getting to know each other. In some ways she is quite different than when she arrived. No surprise that being lost, found, incarcerated, spayed and vaccinated would impact a dog’s behavior. When she arrived she was poky and wobbled a couple times; now she is energetic and spry.

Thank you for your kind words @TheJohnP @whoagorgeous and @Sussa. I feel pretty lucky. BTW I named her Kira.

From my wife:

That happens to be Mrs.MoT's notification tone for text messages. It's ways funny to hear it go off in public. 😂
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I missed this until now. Congrats BC! Big dogs are the best, and Kira is a really beautiful dog. One of the really awesome things about adopting a dog is seeing it grow comfortable and show you its personality, especially with dogs that have lived a hard life.

Cruiser, our big goofball rescue says "Welcome home, Kira!"
I wish that watch were 38mm?
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Boourns wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:52 pm

I missed this until now. Congrats BC! Big dogs are the best, and Kira is a really beautiful dog. One of the really awesome things about adopting a dog is seeing it grow comfortable and show you its personality, especially with dogs that have lived a hard life.

Cruiser, our big goofball rescue says "Welcome home, Kira!"
Thanks Boourns! Cruiser looks like one cool dude. So true about watching them open up and grow -- our little chihuahua/minipin mix (that my ex kept) was that way. Maybe I have just been lucky, but the shelter or street dogs (and cats) I've known have been great pets ... except for an American **** Spaniel I got off the street that would snap at children who came too close :oops: . Other than that he was a great dog.
Last edited by BostonCharlie on Sun May 09, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Now even fluffier after her bath (updated with a better photo).

0FB7B9E4-7E6B-46CD-A5BF-5C5C16592DA3.jpeg
Update to add a parakeet story.

I have been busy this morning straightening up the mess Kira made around 5:30. She had pulled our bird cage off the hearth and it had flipped upside down. I arrived downstairs in time to see one of the birds fly out of the cage. I scolded her, and she acted the part, but as I started working on the cage she went after the loose bird! Maybe she was trying to help ;) . She actually caught it in her mouth and dropped it when I told her. It looked bad, but I was hopeful because I'd saved birds from my cat that looked that way but were fine later. I returned the bird to her cage and she took the perch.

The birds had suffered quite a shock -- they are nervous things -- so I left them and the mess until the sun rose and I could work on their cage outside (they don't like the dark). Around 7 I started on the mess. The birds appear to be fine. They are outside now in their clean cage. Maybe Kira was just trying to tell me they needed a good cleaning.
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Rocky, Dino and Woodstock.
20210610_094604.jpg
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

This is her cute dog look she uses when she wants more belly rubs. Gives me a chance to admire her big teeth.

629CDD84-9506-4F63-8BDB-F43F1A50A815.jpeg
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Almost forgot about my favorite thread. Figured Cat face hasn't made an appearance in a while.Image

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

20210624_130544.jpg