As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Discount Watch Store Acquired by Ashford.com

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Discount Watch Store Acquired by Ashford.com

Post by Klaatu3 »

This seemed like the place for this topic...if not, mods please move as appropriate...

Received an email this afternoon from Ashford, stating they have acquired Discount Watch Store (DWS). It seems to have taken full effect, as the discountwatchstore.com web address now loads directly to Ashford.com (celebratory 10% Off code is also included below in red).

This may be old news and shouldn't be a huge surprise since (as noted in the "Same Retailer, Different Name" thread) they had a prior menage thing along with watchgooroo on eBay, but this makes it official.

I've had better luck with Ashford than DWS in past dealings, so see this generally as a good thing.

DWS-acquire.JPG
DWS-acquire.JPG (72.08 KiB) Viewed 2275 times
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"