We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Warranty Codek watches

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Warranty Codek watches

Post by TheJohnP »

uaconcorde wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:28 am this guy has actual poor attitude, no prior disclosure and no commitment to his words, how is he ever gonna do any business ever again

This was a one and done release for a watch.
He got out of the business as he was fire selling the remaining stock.
No excuse per se, but some context.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:21 am
uaconcorde wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:28 am this guy has actual poor attitude, no prior disclosure and no commitment to his words, how is he ever gonna do any business ever again

Just a little more context;

I was in communication with him to do an "Ask Me Anything" about his experiences on both the creation and retail side of the watch industry. Just about had it all set up, and then he ghosted me.

Oh well.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:18 pm
TheJohnP wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:21 am

Just a little more context;

I was in communication with him to do an "Ask Me Anything" about his experiences on both the creation and retail side of the watch industry. Just about had it all set up, and then he ghosted me.

Oh well.
That's a shame, Matt. Especially since the Codek was this site's unofficial "Official" watch! And...since this site assured his inventory sold out quickly.

As you say--oh well. With all said and done, I'm still very pleased with my Spiral and feel lucky to own one.
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
joelf15
MoT Member

Post by joelf15 »

Yes I heard he want nothing to do with watches anymore! He's just out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

Like many in the industry do... under a different brand name!

But on a serious note, I'd just invest in a cheapie demagnetizer. Better value than shipping your watch out and costs are pretty close.
mleok
MoT Member

Post by mleok »

If you have a few mechanical watches, it probably isn't a bad idea to have a demagnetizer on hand.

Even if you primarily have quartz watches, a demagnetizer can help free up the mechanical gears in a quartz watch that has been sitting around for some time. There are two main reasons why a quartz watch fails, one is that the mechanical gears are gummed up, and the other is that the electronics is not generating a pulse every second.

The demagnetizer essentially allows you to generate a very rapid and powerful pulse that can drive the gear train and spread the oils around or clear a clogged up gear train. It'll function like the Horotec Watch Tester Turbo described in the video below.

Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

Hey guys, I'll risk a bit of "necroposting" in an old thread. Is it worth trying to contact Chris for warranty service now, or would that be a waste of time? The company folded, and based on the experience of the forum members, I tend to think I'd get a negative response (or none).

The Issue: Codek Spiral #283, which I bought from Codek when he was clearing them out (Sep '19). The watch ran very well until recently, but has developed a weird mechanical issue...the crown won't pull out, so it can't be set. Very stiff and I don't want to force it, lest I do more damage.

If I can't expect help from the original seller, can anyone recommend a decent watchmaker I could send it to? I live in the sticks (west of San Antonio TX) and don't know of a decent shop anywhere nearby...at least not one I'd trust with a Swiss movement.

Any suggestions?

Cheers--
- Klaatu3

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Klaatu3 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:12 pm Hey guys, I'll risk a bit of "necroposting" in an old thread. Is it worth trying to contact Chris for warranty service now, or would that be a waste of time? The company folded, and based on the experience of the forum members, I tend to think I'd get a negative response (or none).

The Issue: Codek Spiral #283, which I bought from Codek when he was clearing them out (Sep '19). The watch ran very well until recently, but has developed a weird mechanical issue...the crown won't pull out, so it can't be set. Very stiff and I don't want to force it, lest I do more damage.

If I can't expect help from the original seller, can anyone recommend a decent watchmaker I could send it to? I live in the sticks (west of San Antonio TX) and don't know of a decent shop anywhere nearby...at least not one I'd trust with a Swiss movement.

Any suggestions?

Cheers--
At this stage, contacting Codek would be fruitless.
The good news is the it uses a modified ETA 2824, so any watchmaker should be able to get it back going.

This may be too far to drop off, but maybe they offer mail in service.

ATX Watches out of Austin seems to know what they're doing.

https://atxwatches.com/watch-repair-service/
Click Icon To Contact Me

Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

Thenks @TheJohnP--appreciate the lead on a watchmaker in my area. It's a shame how things ended up for this micro.
- Klaatu3

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Klaatu3 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:24 am Thenks @TheJohnP--appreciate the lead on a watchmaker in my area. It's a shame how things ended up for this micro.
Let me know how it works out.

I can only imagine what could've come next if he didn't decide to pull the plug.
Shame indeed.
Click Icon To Contact Me