We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Boourns' "Is this site legit" thread. (Tecobuy, ToysOneJapan)

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Boourns
MoT Member

Boourns' "Is this site legit" thread. (Tecobuy, ToysOneJapan)

Post by Boourns »

Anyone have experience with TecoBuy? I found a good price on a seiko mini turtle, but I have never heard of this place.
Last edited by Boourns on Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

Re: TecoBuy

Post by NapoleonDynamite »

Hey bud. I bought a Bluetooth spesker from them. Lightning quick delivery to Australia. I'd use them again.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Boourns
MoT Member

Re: Boourns' "Is this site legit" thread. (Tecobuy, ToysOneJapan)

Post by Boourns »

So rather than start a new thread every time I run across a site I don't know I'll just post them here.

TecoBuy has been adjudged legit based on [mention]NapoleonDynamite[/mention]'s experience. The next one:

ToysOneJapan.com

Pros:
Site looks fairly well constructed.
Good prices on some things, but not all are great and none I see that are too good to be true
Takes Paypal

Cons:
Never heard of it
Seems to be not much info on it from a google search

Anyone bought from ToysOneJapan before?
I wish that watch were 38mm?
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

Boourns wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:45 pm So rather than start a new thread every time I run across a site I don't know I'll just post them here.

TecoBuy has been adjudged legit based on @NapoleonDynamite's experience. The next one:

ToysOneJapan.com

Pros:
Site looks fairly well constructed.
Good prices on some things, but not all are great and none I see that are too good to be true
Takes Paypal

Cons:
Never heard of it
Seems to be not much info on it from a google search

Anyone bought from ToysOneJapan before?
Realistically? No. It's just a drop-shipping business IMO. Nothing is excessively cheap nor excessively inflated.

They seem to update on FB and IG, I assume it is a secondary outlet for other shops that want to clear inventory faster as many of their products are JDM but popular internationally. I remember that selling JDM stock internationally has some weird rules and regulations so dropshipping isn't that suspicious if it's from Japan.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

I ordered a GA-2110 in the discontinued Gray colorway on 2/7 from Tecobuy. The item still shows processing, so I emailed asking where it was. They said they were out of stock but were expecting a shipment on 2/25. At that time my order is supposed to ship.

I don't have a lot of faith that that will happen as this model is supposedly not in production now. I'll try to remember to update whatever happens.

BTW, the watch is still showing available for sale, $3 more than I paid.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

AndyS wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:21 pm I ordered a GA-2110 in the discontinued Gray colorway on 2/7 from Tecobuy. The item still shows processing, so I emailed asking where it was. They said they were out of stock but were expecting a shipment on 2/25. At that time my order is supposed to ship.

I don't have a lot of faith that that will happen as this model is supposedly not in production now. I'll try to remember to update whatever happens.

BTW, the watch is still showing available for sale, $3 more than I paid.
My G-Shock showed up, so they did truly have product on the way. Packaged better than the similar model I got from Macy's. Arrived in about 19 days.

So in the end, even though communications weren't the best and they sold a watch they didn't have in inventory, I got the watch and it seems in good shape.