We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Warning against Heimdallr watches

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Ipse
MoT Member

Warning against Heimdallr watches

Post by Ipse »

My third bad experience with them...I am about done believing that I'm just unlucky.
First time, the watch arrived after more than 3 months (this was 2019....no Covid-19) and the seller blatantly stated that I wanted a refund as I tried to cheat them.
OK, maybe sh!t happens, let's try again..March 2020...nope, no watch after 6 months and would you believe that Heimdallr was still trying to say "wait..pandemic...". Had PayPal step in and issue a refund.
Because I was (a moron) way too desperate to get a Wave of Kanagawa dial watch, I made the capital mistake of trying a third time.
I chose "standard economy shipping" and not DHL, because I got burned too many times with the later. Provided a landline number as a contact.
Heimdallr decides to ship USING DHL despite my selection and now I am stuck, because DHL Canada has no other bloody method of verifying the customer than sending a text message to the contact number.
Shockingly enough, landlines don't work so well with SMS...Anyhoo, seeing how I'm stuck, I asked Heimdallr to send my cell phone number for the DHL monkeys to verify me.
3 emails and a week later (Heimdallr gets exhausted if they send more than an email per day) the number is not changed, I open a PayPal dispute.
To my complete shock, in their defense, Heimdallr argues that it's me wanting to avoid paying taxes...not that I can't contact DHL to pay them because I can't be verified.
I not only gave them another number for DHL use (not changed on file after more than a week ) but suggested they get the item returned and I'll re-purchase it.

Never encountered this level of incompetence and total customer disregard...suffice to say that even if I lose my money I won't kill myself, but will certainly make sure others know how Heimdallr treats their customers.

A bon entendeur salut..you have been warned. :evil:
It's time.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Warning against Heimdallr watches

Post by TheJohnP »

Sorry to hear about all the shipping issues.

Did you see Long Island Watch has a Great Wave watch they recently introduced?

Showing sold out, but you can get on a wait list.

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Islande ... isl-62.htm

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear that, that type of what you call incompetence, I call something else.

They will go on my NEVER buy from list.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CigarCity
MoT Member

Post by CigarCity »

I think there are 2 or three Heimdallr sites online and I’m not sure if they are all related.

1.Which site did you order from?

2. Does anyone know if all the sites are related?

I’ve been very tempted by a few of their watches, but have never ordered from them. Would be curious if all the sites are related or if some are resellers.
orac

Post by orac »

This is just for my case i ordered in Nov for a watch that was meant to be delivered in early Dec now Mid Jan Still no watch and no response to my request for an update. i will be logging a PayPal claim in the next few days.
https://www.heimdallrwatch.com
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

I went back and forth with them on the Monster homages. Oversold by probably 1,000’s. I asked for and received a refund.
orac

Post by orac »

Update i received a tracking number ya i thought it is on its way. i then tried to load said number into every tracking app i have and not one of them could find it. OK maybe its not in the system yet waited a week still nothing. I then sent a PayPal message this time asking for either a tracking number that works or a refund within a few hours i have a refund. So i guess that says it all.