We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Jomashop

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Jomashop

Post by watchpalooza »

Post your experiences with Jomashop here.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Re: Jomashop

Post by WhaleTail »

I ordered a brand new Ball watch recently: it arrived in an Alpina box, to their credit they shipped the correct box upon contacting them but...., they cancelled my cashback with maxrebate which was $27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

I've purchased two watches from Jomashop - Mondaine Giant in 2015 and Victorinox INOX V in 2017. No problems with either. This thread reminded me that I still have an unused $125 restaurant.com certificate/rebate from the Mondaine, too.
MotownStan

Post by MotownStan »

I bought an Oris watch from them, decided I didn't like it and sent it back the next day. They lied about the watch being worn and even tried to send it back to me, I refused the shipment. After a couple weeks of outright lies and runaround. I had to file a dispute with Visa and eventually the charge was reversed.
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

I’ve purchased 3 watches from them over the past few years and have not had any issues. However, I buy from them knowing that their warranty is likely worthless, so unless I return the watch within the return window I assume I’m on my own. These have all been sub-$500 watches. Not quite sure If I would make a $1000+ purchase from them or not.

Alternatively, my experience with them is that I look up a watch on their site (for whatever reason) and then they proceed to incessantly email me about buying that watch. [emoji1787]

flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

They're fine for inexpensive watches. Over the past 5 years I've bought from them multiple times. Probably half a dozen total. I've only had one "major" issue. I bought a Tissot Visodate which had a small imperfection on the underside of the crystal (dust spot, or something idk). They offered me $25 off the price for the inconvenience vs returning the watch. I just took the $25, I don't care that much about imperfections (or misalignments). I've had no other issues with them in terms of quality of the items or service. All of the emails do get old kinda quick though.
Scruffy believes in this forum
uberld
Has thanked: 0

Post by uberld »

Generally positive experience in over a dozen, mostly under $200, watches and apparel ordered from Jomashop. There would be times that boxes would be damaged but none excessive enough to make me think of returning the watch. Until December when I ordered a smartwatch and had it sent as a gift. Niece swears by it that it arrived unsealed and was missing its charging cable. Accepted their 10% refund of about 10 bucks and a new cable cost me $21 on Amazon. Still cheaper than having it returned and paying $45 more for the same watch elsewhere.

Another downside since December: they charge tax now(shipped to CA)
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

uberld wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:09 am
Another downside since December: they charge tax now(shipped to CA)
That's a bummer. Thanks for the heads up.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

I have bought several watches from Joma with only one issue. A watch came with a dead battery, but Joma reimbursed me for the cost of having a jeweler replace it.

So, I would not hesitate to buy from them again.
AceRimmer
MoT Member

Post by AceRimmer »

Bought a new Orient M-Force. Took almost exactly 1 month for it to arrive. Crown didn't work correctly (kept wanting to cross thread). Cost me $13 to send it back. Highly unlikely I will buy from Jomashop again.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Bought two watches from them. Returned both. They deducted cost of initial shipping to me (it was "free shipping") from the refund which was stated on the site so I knew, and I paid for shipping the watches back to them. Their CS was slow to respond.

I returned the first watch because it wasn't working. I returned the second because I did not like how it fit me.