We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Tisell

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
chubbledouble
MoT Member

Tisell

Post by chubbledouble »

A little while back, I purchased a Marine no-date from the Korean Tisell site http://shop2.tisellkr.cafe24.com/

I had always been intrigued by the Stowa Marine but could never justify the cost so this was a way to scratch that itch. Plus a Miyota 9 series movement, enamel dial, and sapphire crystal for a little over $200? Absolutely.

So, about 2 weeks later, the watch arrives. Initially, I was pretty pumped. Everything looked good and the movement felt really nice.

Then I notice a couple of small chips on the side of the case around 6:30

I don't know if this reflects poorly on the case manufacture or the assembly itself but QC obviously missed it.

I was bummed and that bummed-ness was heightened by the fact that I had spent the previous 2 weeks waiting on this thing. So I email them with an explanation and that picture of the chips.

Within a day, I had a response. They gave me their address and told me to ship it back and they would reimburse me the cost. So off the watch went via the cheapest USPS option ($27). USPS being USPS, it took 30 days and a missing mail case to get there. Tisell was super nice each of the 3 times I checked to see if it had arrived yet (USPS being USPS, there was no way to track this type of package).

So last Friday, it finally gets there. They shot me an email to let me know and that they would take a look at it right away. 2 days later (yesterday), I got an email saying they would send me a new one as well as refund my shipping costs. A second later, my paypal pinged and they had refunded me $29.

So that's where things are right now. Although I was disappointed about the defect, Tisell has been pretty awesome about this whole situation and I really appreciate them refunding my ship costs.

I will keep you guys posted and let you know how things shake out.
AKAs: Chubley on WUS, DukeofChubley on r/watchexchange
chubbledouble
MoT Member

Re: Tisell

Post by chubbledouble »

UPDATE: Received the watch back yesterday

So it took a bit over a week to get here, much of the time spent in customs. Tisell sprang for better than standard posting so that was nice.

I do not know if this is a whole new watch or if they repaired or replaced the chipped portion but everything looks great. Believe me when I say I double-checked. Even busted out the ol' loupe.

I'll post some pics and maybe a review once I've had it for a bit but first impressions are great. The blued hands give a nice contrast to the enamel dial which is better than I thought it would be for the cost. However, no one will be mistaking it for an anOrdain or Presage anytime soon. The Miyota 9 movement is great and feels extremely smooth when winding/ setting. Noticeably better than a NH35. Overall it seems like a solid, simple, well -executed watch.

It's never great to deal with a defective watch but Tisell handled it better than most. They were super responsive and easy to deal with. Would recommend.
Last edited by chubbledouble on Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
AKAs: Chubley on WUS, DukeofChubley on r/watchexchange
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: Tisell

Post by Split-Time »

chubbledouble wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:51 am UPDATE: Received the watch back yesterday

So it took a bit over a week to get here, much of the time spend in customs. Tisell sprang for better than standard posting so that was nice.

I do not know if this is a whole new watch or if they repaired or replaced the chipped portion but everything looks great. Believe me when I say I double-checked. Even busted out the ol' loupe.

I'll post some pics and maybe a review once I've had it for a bit but first impressions are great. The blued hands give a nice contrast to the enamel dial which is better than I thought it would be for the cost. However, no one will be mistaking it for an anOrdain or Presage anytime soon. The Miyota 9 movement is great and feels extremely smooth when winding/ setting. Noticeably better than a NH35. Overall it seems like a solid, simple, well -executed watch.

It's never great to deal with a defective watch but Tisell handled it better than most. They were super responsive and easy to deal with. Would recommend.
This is great to hear! Glad that things worked out for you and I know that many of us appreciate the update.